Slow Nature – Woodlands Community Booklet Launch
Tuesday, 6 April, 2021 – 7 p.m.
As part of their Nature Recovery Project, Woodlands Community have produced this publication with local wildlife and conservation enthusiast, Katrina Caldwell.
Join them on Tuesday 6th April 7-8pm to celebrate it’s launch and receive a copy.
Woodlands have been focused on encouraging people to spend time in nature to help people recover form the stress of the Covid-19 pandemic. We exist within the natural world, are surrounded by it and rely on it in more ways than we can imagine. But often, beyond a fleeting glance to check the weather, we forget to look and really experience it as we live our busy lives and travel from A to B.
Learn from Katrina Caldwell about why she embarked on this project of mapping and documenting a circular nature walk from Woodlands to Dawsholm via the Kelvin Walkway and Maryhill Locks.
These beautiful Slow Nature Walking booklets are a one-off – if you would like one, please get in touch with Katherine.
Woodlands Community are asking for a £3 donation per booklet. If you are experiencing financial hardship at the moment, please let Katherine know and no donation will be required.
There will be some more information soon about dates you can come and collect them from Woodlands Community.
- Refugee Week Conference 2022
- Kavya Prize – New Writers Prize To Celebrate Scotland’s Ethnically Diverse Communities
- Second International Alasdair Gray Conference
- Glasgow National Park City AGM
- Spotlight on Stress- free online masterclass
- Balloch Open Mic Blog: A New Kid On The Block
- Report Launch – Tackling Food Poverty
- Sense Scotland Christmas Concert Online
- Calton Ceilidh Open Mic 14 December, 2021
- Smokehead Sessions Festive Concert Livestream with Dave Arcari
- Interfaith Food Justice: Winter Networking Event
- Scottish Writers Christmas Speakeasy 2021
- Balloch Open Mic Blog: Interview with Evelyn Lawrie
- Book launch: Like A Tree Walking by Vahni Capildeo
- Community Ownership – Assets or Liabilities Online Discussion
- Creative Conversations: Apphia Campbell
- Book Launch: Wild Women Of A Certain Age, Magi Gibson
- Poetry and the Climate Crisis: Scotland and India
- French Film Festival UK 2021
- The Landing Hub – COP26 Fringe Event