Slow Nature – Woodlands Community Booklet Launch
Tuesday, 6 April, 2021 – 7 p.m.
As part of their Nature Recovery Project, Woodlands Community have produced this publication with local wildlife and conservation enthusiast, Katrina Caldwell.
Join them on Tuesday 6th April 7-8pm to celebrate it’s launch and receive a copy.
Woodlands have been focused on encouraging people to spend time in nature to help people recover form the stress of the Covid-19 pandemic. We exist within the natural world, are surrounded by it and rely on it in more ways than we can imagine. But often, beyond a fleeting glance to check the weather, we forget to look and really experience it as we live our busy lives and travel from A to B.
Learn from Katrina Caldwell about why she embarked on this project of mapping and documenting a circular nature walk from Woodlands to Dawsholm via the Kelvin Walkway and Maryhill Locks.
These beautiful Slow Nature Walking booklets are a one-off – if you would like one, please get in touch with Katherine.
Woodlands Community are asking for a £3 donation per booklet. If you are experiencing financial hardship at the moment, please let Katherine know and no donation will be required.
There will be some more information soon about dates you can come and collect them from Woodlands Community.
- Sma’ Shot Day 2022
- Glasgow Literary Lounge at the Scotia Bar
- The Voyage Out: The Travel Writing Workshop with Linda Jackson
- Stories of Our Worlds – Refugee Festival 2022
- Aye Festival – Spit it Out
- Festival of Growing
- The Summer of Discontent – Glasgow Against Closures
- Scottish Writers: Bloomsday Celebration with Christie Williamson
- Remembering and Celebrating Esther Brown
- Film + Q&A: Zev Robinson’s “Feeding the City”
- The Wanderlust Women – three poems
- Book Launch: This Script by Jenny Lindsay
- Creative Conversations: Michael Pederson
- Aye Write: The Kavya Prize
- Aye Write: Graeme Thomson with John Dingwall
- Aye Write: Beyond the Swelkie
- CARLA Book Launch at tell it slant
- All Becomes Art – Poems to Joan Eardley
- Aye Write 2022: Scotland’s future. Gerry Hassan, Joyce McMillan & Prof Tanja Bueltmann chaired by Simon Barrow
- Colonial Seeds / Seedy Social / Community Meal