Slow Nature – Woodlands Community Booklet Launch
Tuesday, 6 April, 2021 – 7 p.m.
As part of their Nature Recovery Project, Woodlands Community have produced this publication with local wildlife and conservation enthusiast, Katrina Caldwell.
Join them on Tuesday 6th April 7-8pm to celebrate it’s launch and receive a copy.
Woodlands have been focused on encouraging people to spend time in nature to help people recover form the stress of the Covid-19 pandemic. We exist within the natural world, are surrounded by it and rely on it in more ways than we can imagine. But often, beyond a fleeting glance to check the weather, we forget to look and really experience it as we live our busy lives and travel from A to B.
Learn from Katrina Caldwell about why she embarked on this project of mapping and documenting a circular nature walk from Woodlands to Dawsholm via the Kelvin Walkway and Maryhill Locks.
These beautiful Slow Nature Walking booklets are a one-off – if you would like one, please get in touch with Katherine.
Woodlands Community are asking for a £3 donation per booklet. If you are experiencing financial hardship at the moment, please let Katherine know and no donation will be required.
There will be some more information soon about dates you can come and collect them from Woodlands Community.
- Poetry Launch Party – Jim Ferguson and Kirsty Taylor
- Lin Anderson on Bloody Scotland 2021
- Bernard Maclaverty Creative Conversations
- Creative Conversations, University of Glasgow
- Networking Climate Cafe – SCCAN
- Autumn Creative Writing Courses – Dr Tawnya Selene Renelle
- Magi Gibson – Audacious Women Festival
- Sounds in the Suburbs – Refuweegee Show
- Local Food at COP26 – Open Meeting
- Walking and Writing in the Botanics with Gerry Loose
- Walking and Writing with Lesley O’Brien, Glasgow Green
- It’s Quiz Night with Duglus T Stewart
- Women’s Work, Nature and the Colonies – Climate Change Screenings
- Balloch Open Mic returns to Balloch House Hotel
- Poets’ Time, Book Launch
- Eye of the Storm film by Anthony Baxter
- Woodlands Community Climate Change Summit
- Book Festival – Govanhill International Festival 2021
- ‘There’s a Problem with Dad’ by Carlos Alba
- The Girl, The Crow, The Writer And The Fighter – Debut Novel by George Paterson