Scottish Women’s Football team v Norway 17 September, 2015 Firhill
Scotland will finalise preparations for the upcoming UEFA Women’s EURO 2017 qualifiers by hosting a friendly against Norway at Firhill Stadium, home of Partick Thistle, on Thursday 17th September.
Scotland v Norway
Thursday 17th September 2015, kick-off 7pm
Firhill Stadium, 80 Firhill Rd, Glasgow G20 7AL
For the first time Scotland are vying to qualify for the finals of a major championship – Anna Signeul’s squad will take on Norway, who reached the last 16 of this year’s FIFA Women’s World Cup, five days before their opening qualifier in Slovenia.
Ahead of her first match at Firhill, Anna Signeul said:
“This is a very exciting fixture to round off our Euro preparations. Norway are ranked 10th in the world, and are going in to their own qualifying campaign on the back of a last 16 finish at the World Cup.
“This match will provide a tough test for us ahead of the opening qualifier and an exciting prospect for Scotland supporters as we embark on a new campaign.
“I’m looking forward to taking the squad to Firhill for the first time, and our thanks go to Partick Thistle for hosting us.”
for the first time, after reaching the play-offs for the past two Euro campaigns, and sealing a first ever World Cup play-off place last year.
As the second ranked side in Group 1, they will face Iceland, Belarus, Slovenia and FYR Macedonia in their bid to seal a place at the finals in The Netherlands in 2017.
Their opening Euro 2017 qualifier will be against Slovenia on the 22nd, September.
Iceland, Belarus and Macedonia are the other teams in Group 1.
This section: Sport, Walks, Cycling in Glasgow
Filed under: Sport, Walks, Cycling in Glasgow
- Halloween 2021 – Spooktacular Walk, Glasgow Green
- Volunteer Led Bike Ride
- Glasgow Fancy Women Bike Ride
- Arlington @150 – Arlington Baths Club Celebrating 150 Years
- Football Themed Movie Night at Glasgow Green EURO 2020 Fanzone
- Slow Nature Walk, Woodlands Community
- Woodlands Community Family Cycling Bike Seat and Trailer Taster
- A Very Quiet Street – exploring Glasgow’s history with Zoe Strachan and Louise Welsh
- Bike Maintenance Class Woodlands Community
- New Life Gym, Maryhill, Glasgow
- International Women’s Day Glasgow 2020 – Bike for Good
- Soft Play Area and Clip and Climb Kelvin Hall
- Bowled Over, Partickhill Bowling and Community Club
- Young at Heart Dance for Over 50s
- Arlington Baths at West End Festival 2019
- Sweat It Festival
- Glasgow Petanque Club
- World Power Lifting Championships 2018 Glasgow
- Tai Chi Classes at Hillhead Sports Club
- Elite Basketball Camp, Hallowe’en, Cleveden School, Glasgow West End