Scottish Shorts 2018 – submissions
Scottish Shorts 2018 – OPEN FOR APPLICATIONS
Closing date Monday 2 April 10.00 a.m.
Scottish Shorts 2018 is a comprehensive short film development and production programme for NEW filmmaking talent. Scottish Shorts is targeting Scottish based writers, directors and producers with the imagination to create thrilling, engaging stories to share with international audiences.
As a writer, director or writer/director, NEW means you have some experience in self-funded short films and/or student films which demonstrate potential but have not yet gained industry recognition.
In the mix of eligible talent, SFTN will welcome applications from independent filmmakers with drama experience, documentary or experimental filmmakers, theatre practitioners or literary writers making the transition to fiction for the big screen.
SFTN will shortlist 12 projects to enter into the development process with us before commissioning six short films in July, with individual budgets of £15,000. If you would like to be considered for this programme please download the guidelines and application form below and submit no later than 10:00am on Monday 2nd April 2018.
This section: Books, Talks, Poetry and Creative Writing Events, Cinema
- Screening: It’s Not All Rock and Roll
- Poetry Launch Party – Jim Ferguson and Kirsty Taylor
- Do The Right Thing, Glasgow Youth Film Festival
- Our Ladies, GFT
- Annette, Glasgow Film Theatre
- Wildfire plus Q & A at Glasgow Film Theatre
- Sweetheart, Glasgow Youth Film Festival 2021
- Lin Anderson on Bloody Scotland 2021
- Bernard Maclaverty Creative Conversations
- Creative Conversations, University of Glasgow
- Aya Films – showcasing new Scottish curatorial talent
- Autumn Creative Writing Courses – Dr Tawnya Selene Renelle
- Magi Gibson – Audacious Women Festival
- Walking and Writing in the Botanics with Gerry Loose
- Walking and Writing with Lesley O’Brien, Glasgow Green
- Glasgow Youth Film Festival 2021 – Programme Announced
- Women’s Work, Nature and the Colonies – Climate Change Screenings
- Balloch Open Mic returns to Balloch House Hotel
- Poets’ Time, Book Launch
- Eye of the Storm film by Anthony Baxter