Scottish Shorts 2018 – submissions
Scottish Shorts 2018 – OPEN FOR APPLICATIONS
Closing date Monday 2 April 10.00 a.m.
Scottish Shorts 2018 is a comprehensive short film development and production programme for NEW filmmaking talent. Scottish Shorts is targeting Scottish based writers, directors and producers with the imagination to create thrilling, engaging stories to share with international audiences.
As a writer, director or writer/director, NEW means you have some experience in self-funded short films and/or student films which demonstrate potential but have not yet gained industry recognition.
In the mix of eligible talent, SFTN will welcome applications from independent filmmakers with drama experience, documentary or experimental filmmakers, theatre practitioners or literary writers making the transition to fiction for the big screen.
SFTN will shortlist 12 projects to enter into the development process with us before commissioning six short films in July, with individual budgets of £15,000. If you would like to be considered for this programme please download the guidelines and application form below and submit no later than 10:00am on Monday 2nd April 2018.
This section: Books, Talks, Poetry Events, Cinema
- Helen McClory: Short Story Writer and Novelist at Creative Conversations
- Red Thread Film Club Lynne Ramsay – Gasman and Ratcatcher
- A Hidden Life, GFT
- Weathering With You GFT
- Waves GFT
- Bombshell GFT
- Cleanin’ Up The Town Remembering Ghostbusters GFT
- Preview: The Man Who Killed Don Quixote + Recorded Q&A GFT
- Everything – The Real Thing Story Q & A
- Sonnet Youth #31 Old Hairdressers
- Film: Invading the Skin of the Earth: Soil
- Preview: Parasite + Satellite Q&A with Bong Joon-ho-GFT
- Launch of Glasgow Historical City
- The Siren Awakes by Linda Jackson, West End Launch
- Petticoats and Pinnacles, NLS Kelvinhall
- Dove Tales: Home Front Celtic Connections 2020
- Jolly Beggars Banquet Cheeky Besom Productions
- Switch Off – Centre for Confidence and Wellbeing
- Little Women, GFT
- Knives Out GFT