Scottish Shorts 2018 – submissions
Scottish Shorts 2018 – OPEN FOR APPLICATIONS
Closing date Monday 2 April 10.00 a.m.
Scottish Shorts 2018 is a comprehensive short film development and production programme for NEW filmmaking talent. Scottish Shorts is targeting Scottish based writers, directors and producers with the imagination to create thrilling, engaging stories to share with international audiences.
As a writer, director or writer/director, NEW means you have some experience in self-funded short films and/or student films which demonstrate potential but have not yet gained industry recognition.
In the mix of eligible talent, SFTN will welcome applications from independent filmmakers with drama experience, documentary or experimental filmmakers, theatre practitioners or literary writers making the transition to fiction for the big screen.
SFTN will shortlist 12 projects to enter into the development process with us before commissioning six short films in July, with individual budgets of £15,000. If you would like to be considered for this programme please download the guidelines and application form below and submit no later than 10:00am on Monday 2nd April 2018.
This section: Books, Talks, Poetry Events, Cinema
- Express Yourself Halloween Party 2019 Project Cafe
- Mary Miller, Author, on Jane Haining – a life of love and courage
- The Rocky Horror Picture Show, Halloween at OranMor
- An Evening with Mary Irvine – ‘My Greek Love Affair’
- Monos ay GFT
- The King, GFT
- Non-Fiction, GFT
- SQIFF 2019 Black History Month: Calalai: In Betweenness + shorts
- Chinese Visual Festival CCA
- Mòd 2019 National Theatre of Scotland – Rocket Post screening + family drama workshop
- Mòd 2019 Gaelic Film Screenings: A taste of BBC Alba – Na Millenni-Gaels CCA
- French Film Festival GFT 2019
- The Irishman GFT
- Lost Lives plus Q & A
- Malcolm X 35 mm GFT
- Halloween at GFT 2019
- Preview: Pink Wall with Q & A
- Africa in Motion Film Festival 2019 Glasgow
- Hitsville The Making of Motown Black History Month Glasgow
- Branagh Theatre Live – A Winter’s Tale GFT