Jim and Pat’s Podcast: Glasgow West End – Jim talks to Ian Smith of Last Night From Glasgow
In this episode I chat with Ian Smith from the record label, ‘Last Night From Glasgow (LNFG)’. The label was set up in 2016 and has had phenomenal success in a very short period of time. Since 2016 LNFG have signed 11 artists, released 11 vinyle recods, 23 digital albums and CD’s as well as organising numerous live shows and events.
We had a good long chat so I’ve split the episode into two parts. In part one we learn about:
* Ian’s backgrond growing up in Saltcoats. And his early taste in music.
* How the Scottish Independence vote of 2014 inspired Ian and a group of friends to set up the record label.
* How the label is organised and funded.
* How artists are chosen and the mechanics of running a record label in the modern era.
If you don’t want to listen to our chat about Scottish politics I recommend you skip from about 9 minutes to approximately 22 minutes.
- Aly Bain and Phil Cunningham at Cottiers
- Second charity helicopter air ambulance launched in Scotland
- Future Stories – Scottish Book Trust
- Houlihan Pharmacy launches Automated Prescription Collection Service.
- Online Quiz Night with Duglus T Stewart – Week 2
- The Glasgow Diet – Documentary on History of Food fundraiser
- Rivers Almond and Avon. March 2020
- New Life Gym, Maryhill, Glasgow
- The Social Isolation Film Festival curated by GFT
- ‘the lactic acid in the calves of your despair’ poetry collection by Ali Whitelock
- The Nae Pub Quiz Round 2 – Gigs in Scotland
- New Collection of Poems: Poor Wurld by Jim Ferguson
- The Clearing: A memoir of art, family and mental health by Samantha Clark
- David Craig, Scottish Writer – free book offer
- The Siren Awakes – memoir by Linda Jackson
- Blessed Assurance by Stewart Ennis
- Stevenson Jewellers Glasgow West End
- ‘Doors tae Naewye’ poetry by Christie Williamson
- Cottiers Pub Quiz – Cancelled until further notice
- Poor Wurld by Jim Ferguson – Book Launch Party Postponed