Jim and Pat’s Podcast: Glasgow West End – Jim talks to Ian Smith of Last Night From Glasgow
In this episode I chat with Ian Smith from the record label, ‘Last Night From Glasgow (LNFG)’. The label was set up in 2016 and has had phenomenal success in a very short period of time. Since 2016 LNFG have signed 11 artists, released 11 vinyle recods, 23 digital albums and CD’s as well as organising numerous live shows and events.
We had a good long chat so I’ve split the episode into two parts. In part one we learn about:
* Ian’s backgrond growing up in Saltcoats. And his early taste in music.
* How the Scottish Independence vote of 2014 inspired Ian and a group of friends to set up the record label.
* How the label is organised and funded.
* How artists are chosen and the mechanics of running a record label in the modern era.
If you don’t want to listen to our chat about Scottish politics I recommend you skip from about 9 minutes to approximately 22 minutes.
- Express Yourself Halloween Party 2019 Project Cafe
- Mary Miller, Author, on Jane Haining – a life of love and courage
- Art Exhibition at The Arlington Baths Club
- The Flying Dug Quiz Night, Glasgow
- Halloween at The Children’s Wood and Meadow 2019
- The Rocky Horror Picture Show, Halloween at OranMor
- Moogety Halloween 2019
- Scottish Writers’ Centre From bytes to bestseller with Jonathan Whitelaw
- Guttersnipe at the Old Hairdressers
- A Gift to Glasgow from New York, The Hunterian
- An Evening with Mary Irvine – ‘My Greek Love Affair’
- Monos ay GFT
- The King, GFT
- Non-Fiction, GFT
- SQIFF 2019 Black History Month: Calalai: In Betweenness + shorts
- Chinese Visual Festival CCA
- Mòd 2019 National Theatre of Scotland – Rocket Post screening + family drama workshop
- Mòd 2019 Gaelic Film Screenings: A taste of BBC Alba – Na Millenni-Gaels CCA
- French Film Festival GFT 2019
- The Irishman GFT