Jim and Pat’s Podcast: Glasgow West End – Jim talks to Ian Smith of Last Night From Glasgow
In this episode I chat with Ian Smith from the record label, ‘Last Night From Glasgow (LNFG)’. The label was set up in 2016 and has had phenomenal success in a very short period of time. Since 2016 LNFG have signed 11 artists, released 11 vinyle recods, 23 digital albums and CD’s as well as organising numerous live shows and events.
We had a good long chat so I’ve split the episode into two parts. In part one we learn about:
* Ian’s backgrond growing up in Saltcoats. And his early taste in music.
* How the Scottish Independence vote of 2014 inspired Ian and a group of friends to set up the record label.
* How the label is organised and funded.
* How artists are chosen and the mechanics of running a record label in the modern era.
If you don’t want to listen to our chat about Scottish politics I recommend you skip from about 9 minutes to approximately 22 minutes.
Filed under: Books, Talks, Poetry and Creative Writing Events, Jim and Pat's West End Chat, Pat's Home Page Blog, What's On Glasgow West End: cinema, clubs, theatre, music, events, festivals, community and more
- Dante and Alasdair Gray Symposium
- Glasgow Against Closures
- Carols in the Cloisters, University of Glasgow
- Interfaith Food Justice: Winter Networking Event
- George Wylie Centenary Exhibition
- Kittlin at Paisley Abbey
- Starry Skies at CCA
- Christmas Festival Finn’s Place
- Scottish Writers Christmas Speakeasy 2021
- C’mon, C’mon at Glasgow Film Theatre
- Glasgow Film Theatre December Programme 2021
- Balloch Open Mic Blog: Interview with Evelyn Lawrie
- Songwriting Circle at Cottiers
- Cottiers – Bar, Restaurant, Theatre, Glasgow West End
- Christmas Jazz and Tea, Tchai Ovna
- Glasgow Film Festival 2022 – First Screenings Announced
- Read In to Celebrate St Andrew’s Day White Inch Library
- C7 Christmas Spectacular: A Jangle Journey
- Christmas Craft and Flea, The Briggait
- Bay Inn Bowling – Annual Christmas Quiz