Jim and Pat’s Podcast: Glasgow West End – Jim talks to Ian Smith of Last Night From Glasgow
In this episode I chat with Ian Smith from the record label, ‘Last Night From Glasgow (LNFG)’. The label was set up in 2016 and has had phenomenal success in a very short period of time. Since 2016 LNFG have signed 11 artists, released 11 vinyle recods, 23 digital albums and CD’s as well as organising numerous live shows and events.
We had a good long chat so I’ve split the episode into two parts. In part one we learn about:
* Ian’s backgrond growing up in Saltcoats. And his early taste in music.
* How the Scottish Independence vote of 2014 inspired Ian and a group of friends to set up the record label.
* How the label is organised and funded.
* How artists are chosen and the mechanics of running a record label in the modern era.
If you don’t want to listen to our chat about Scottish politics I recommend you skip from about 9 minutes to approximately 22 minutes.
Filed under: Books, Talks, Poetry and Creative Writing Events, Jim and Pat's West End Chat, Pat's Home Page Blog, What's On Glasgow West End: cinema, clubs, theatre, music, events, festivals, community and more
- Sammy’s Lockdown #5
- Lockdown Video – Mic Clark
- Scottish Writers Showcase 2 Creative Conversations
- Calypso Windrush Caribbean Film Festival
- SHA Virtual Kiltwalk Weekend 2020
- La Belle et la Bête – Open Air Screening
- Scottish Writers Creative Conversation Showcase
- Smokehead Sessions: Dave Arcari – full concert livestream
- Vegan Cookery Workshop
- Art in Nature: Make a Mandala
- Researching Scotland’s Mountain Women: National Library of Scotland
- Online Quiz Night with Duglus T Stewart
- Blues ‘n’ Twos with Dave Arcari
- Sonnet Youth Social Club #2
- Helen Rose Outdoors: Victoria Park August 2020
- Sleep Workshops Woodlands Community
- Book Launch: New Shoots Old Roots (2)
- Duglus T Stewart – Dreaded Light Composer
- SEE YOU IN 10 YEARS WRITING COMPETITION for Teenagers
- Record Store Day – Love Music Glasgow