Jim and Pat’s Podcast: Glasgow West End – Jim talks to Ian Smith of Last Night From Glasgow
In this episode I chat with Ian Smith from the record label, ‘Last Night From Glasgow (LNFG)’. The label was set up in 2016 and has had phenomenal success in a very short period of time. Since 2016 LNFG have signed 11 artists, released 11 vinyle recods, 23 digital albums and CD’s as well as organising numerous live shows and events.
We had a good long chat so I’ve split the episode into two parts. In part one we learn about:
* Ian’s backgrond growing up in Saltcoats. And his early taste in music.
* How the Scottish Independence vote of 2014 inspired Ian and a group of friends to set up the record label.
* How the label is organised and funded.
* How artists are chosen and the mechanics of running a record label in the modern era.
If you don’t want to listen to our chat about Scottish politics I recommend you skip from about 9 minutes to approximately 22 minutes.
- Helen McClory: Short Story Writer and Novelist at Creative Conversations
- Wrest and Maz O’Connor, Celtic Connections review Fionnuala Boyle
- Winter Tree Identification Workshop
- Luca Manning & Fergus McCreadie Celtic Connections
- John Inglis Exhibition New Collages 2016 – 2019 Compass Gallery
- Red Thread Film Club Lynne Ramsay – Gasman and Ratcatcher
- A Hidden Life, GFT
- Weathering With You GFT
- Waves GFT
- Bombshell GFT
- Cleanin’ Up The Town Remembering Ghostbusters GFT
- Preview: The Man Who Killed Don Quixote + Recorded Q&A GFT
- Everything – The Real Thing Story Q & A
- Celtic Connections & Fallen Angels Club: Danni Nicholls
- Isobel Campbell Isobel Campbell with Hannah Fisher & Sorren Maclean and Nina Violet Celtic Connections
- Celtic Connections: SHHE SHHE + GRISLY FAYE Hug and Pint
- Rachael Dadd, The Glad Cafe Celtic Connections
- The Wandering Hearts and Zoe Graham, Celtic Connections
- Mobilising for COP 26 – Climate, Justice, Jobs Glasgow
- Sonnet Youth #31 Old Hairdressers