Sandi Anderson: A Journey Exhibition Runs: 12 – 28 August, 2017 Glasgow Art Club
Preview: Friday 11 August, 8pm
A JOURNEY: As Sandi Anderson embarks on a journey into printmaking, this solo show of monoprints and etchings takes inspiration from her literal journey around Iceland in the summer of 2016.
Anderson spent three months at an artists’ residency in a small town in the north west. Having made the six day journey by car from Scotland to Iceland by road and ferry, she was able to drive the whole coastal route around Iceland one and a half times that summer. Looking both NEAR and FAR, she documented the journey in photographs, drawings and footage and this exhibition is the beginning of a filtering process to the sensory overload that is Iceland.
Sandi Anderson graduated from Glasgow School of Art in Graphic Design & Photography. Following a successful career in graphic design & television, Anderson began painting full time in 2003. She has since exhibited widely, at the Royal Scottish Academy, NOAC14 at Somerset House in London, Royal Glasgow Institute, RGI KELLY GALLERY, Pittenweem Arts Festival, Paisley Arts Institute amongst others.
In 2016 she was the recipient of The Glasgow Art Club Award at the 152nd Royal Glasgow Institute of Fine Arts Annual Exhibition.
In January 2017 she was the recipient of The House for an Art Lover Award at the 136th Annual Exhibition of the Royal Scottish Society of Painters in Watercolour (RSW) at the Mound in Edinburgh.
Glasgow Art Club, 185 Bath Street, G2 4HU
- Opening GYFF Gala: The Farewell (PG)
- Something Fishy Clydebuilt Festival 2019
- The Wedding Planner, OranMor
- An Evening with Women at the Carlton Studios
- Clydebuilt Festival 2019
- Wullie Davidson’s Bus Pass Ramblings: St Andrews
- Glasgow Youth Film Festival 2019
- For Sama GFT
- Drag Kids, GFT Glasgow Youth Film Festival
- Code Geass: Lelouch of the Re;Surrection GFT
- Iain Matthews at The Doublet Bar
- Tannahill Arts Festival Paisley
- Cleek the movie – Tannahill Arts Festival
- Adam Sutherland Tales ‘n’ Tunes Old Hairdressers
- The Glasgow Guild Talks 2019
- Ando Glaso Gypsy Music Short Course CCA
- Doghouse Roses & Dumb Instrument CCA
- Take One Action Film Festival 2019 CCA
- Women’s Support Project – Abused: The Untold Story, GFT
- Kaleidoscope Realms, Matchbox Cine Club