Rae-Yen Song and Charlie Knox, Project Cafe, 18 Feb, 2015
G.A.G V featuring Rae-Yen Song and Charlie Knox
At Project Cafe
18 February, 2015 at 6 p.m.
BYOB £3 per person.
An evening of art and sound!
The Glasgow Artist Guild is a platform for artists to lecture about their practice in an informal environment to like-minded people.
This month our guest lecturers will be Rae-Yen Song & Charlie Knox (Trudat Sound).
Rae-Yen Song graduated with a BA Honours in Sculpture and Environmental Art from the Glasgow School of Art. She is also a co-founder of the YAKA Collective which aims to connect emerging artists around Glasgow.
Rae-Yen’s work embodies grotesque forms, often humorous which at first glance can appear wonderfully absurd. Further investigations lead to a banal and curious conclusion, one that sits more firmly within the paradoxical nature of existence.
Charlie Knox (Trudat Sound) is a sonic artist based in Glasgow. Charlie recently completed an AC Project Music residency at the CCA.
Charlie creates emergent interactive systems that drive DIY modular synths and DSP processing to create immersive audio-visual installations and performances.
Speakers start at 18:15 get yourself down for some interesting banter. Bring your wine, don’t be late!
The Project Cafe
134 Renfrew Street, G3 6ST
- The Sorries at Cottiers
- Lizzie Reid at King Tut’s Wah Wah Hut
- Poetry Launch Party – Jim Ferguson and Kirsty Taylor
- Siobhan Miller at Websters Theatre
- Lin Anderson on Bloody Scotland 2021
- Bernard Maclaverty Creative Conversations
- Creative Conversations, University of Glasgow
- Govan Stones Music Festival
- Autumn Creative Writing Courses – Dr Tawnya Selene Renelle
- Magi Gibson – Audacious Women Festival
- Riverside Festival 2021
- Sounds in the Suburbs – Refuweegee Show
- Walking and Writing in the Botanics with Gerry Loose
- Walking and Writing with Lesley O’Brien, Glasgow Green
- The Carlton Jug Band and The Rulers of The Root
- Balloch Open Mic returns to Balloch House Hotel
- Heidi Talbot and Boo Hewerdine at Websters Theatre
- Poets’ Time, Book Launch
- Cottiers – Bar, Restaurant, Theatre, Glasgow West End
- Book Festival – Govanhill International Festival 2021