Rae-Yen Song and Charlie Knox, Project Cafe, 18 Feb, 2015
G.A.G V featuring Rae-Yen Song and Charlie Knox
At Project Cafe
18 February, 2015 at 6 p.m.
BYOB £3 per person.
An evening of art and sound!
The Glasgow Artist Guild is a platform for artists to lecture about their practice in an informal environment to like-minded people.
This month our guest lecturers will be Rae-Yen Song & Charlie Knox (Trudat Sound).
Rae-Yen Song graduated with a BA Honours in Sculpture and Environmental Art from the Glasgow School of Art. She is also a co-founder of the YAKA Collective which aims to connect emerging artists around Glasgow.
Rae-Yen’s work embodies grotesque forms, often humorous which at first glance can appear wonderfully absurd. Further investigations lead to a banal and curious conclusion, one that sits more firmly within the paradoxical nature of existence.
Charlie Knox (Trudat Sound) is a sonic artist based in Glasgow. Charlie recently completed an AC Project Music residency at the CCA.
Charlie creates emergent interactive systems that drive DIY modular synths and DSP processing to create immersive audio-visual installations and performances.
Speakers start at 18:15 get yourself down for some interesting banter. Bring your wine, don’t be late!
The Project Cafe
134 Renfrew Street, G3 6ST
- Sonnet Youth Social Club
- Anna (Young Adults Book) by Laura Guthrie
- Bloody Scotland 2020 – Debut Shortlist and McIlvanney Prize Longlist
- A Northern Extravaganza with Shetlandic Poets Christie Williamson and Roseann Watt
- Sunset Sessions with Alan Frew
- Creative Pollination: Exploration and Creative Writing Woodlands Community
- ‘Here Comes The Moon’ – live stream single launch Starry Skies
- ‘Doors tae Naewye’ poetry by Christie Williamson
- Blessed Assurance by Stewart Ennis
- Stuck in the Suburbs – Refuweegee
- The Poets’ Time – weekly meetings with Linda Jackson on Zoom
- A Celebration of Birds: Sharing stories, memories and hope
- Lockdown Sessions Love Glasgow Hate Racism
- Makar to Makar, Jackie Kay with Imtiaz Dharker and Suzanne Bonnar
- Life is too short online readings and recorded performances
- Historic Significance of Ellisland Farm, Centre for Robert Burns
- Create & Connect Showcase. Glasgow Women’s Library
- Live from a Tenement – Chiara Berardelli
- Twitter Chat, Little Women at GFT Online Film Club
- Sounds in the Suburbs Refuweegee Fundraiser