Rae-Yen Song and Charlie Knox, Project Cafe, 18 Feb, 2015
G.A.G V featuring Rae-Yen Song and Charlie Knox
At Project Cafe
18 February, 2015 at 6 p.m.
BYOB £3 per person.
An evening of art and sound!
The Glasgow Artist Guild is a platform for artists to lecture about their practice in an informal environment to like-minded people.
This month our guest lecturers will be Rae-Yen Song & Charlie Knox (Trudat Sound).
Rae-Yen Song graduated with a BA Honours in Sculpture and Environmental Art from the Glasgow School of Art. She is also a co-founder of the YAKA Collective which aims to connect emerging artists around Glasgow.
Rae-Yen’s work embodies grotesque forms, often humorous which at first glance can appear wonderfully absurd. Further investigations lead to a banal and curious conclusion, one that sits more firmly within the paradoxical nature of existence.
Charlie Knox (Trudat Sound) is a sonic artist based in Glasgow. Charlie recently completed an AC Project Music residency at the CCA.
Charlie creates emergent interactive systems that drive DIY modular synths and DSP processing to create immersive audio-visual installations and performances.
Speakers start at 18:15 get yourself down for some interesting banter. Bring your wine, don’t be late!
The Project Cafe
134 Renfrew Street, G3 6ST
This section: Books, Talks, Poetry Events, Gig Guide plus Club Events
- Scottish Writers’ Centre From bytes to bestseller with Jonathan Whitelaw
- Guttersnipe at the Old Hairdressers
- An Evening with Mary Irvine – ‘My Greek Love Affair’
- One Night at The Disco, Riverside Museum
- Creative Conversations: Abir Mukherjee – Crime Novelist
- Penetrate: Translate Reading Group: Five Measures of Expatriation by Vahni Capildeo CCA
- The Long Ryders at OranMor
- Book Launch: The Siren Awakes by Linda Jackson
- Woodlands Community Gardens, Storytelling Circle ‘Tell A Story’ Workshop
- Scottish Writers’ Centre Dove Tales: Dia de los Muertos
- Maria Doyle Kennedy, Cottiers
- Hang Massive at OranMor, Glasgow
- Irene Lebeter, Meet the Author, Fruin Fam
- ‘A Place for the Work and the Human Being’ Kelvin Hall
- From Lens to Pen, Finnieston
- Creative Conversations: Robert Alan Jamieson – Shetlandic Poet and Translator
- Thank Funk It’s Friday, South
- Sloot – it’s Oot!!! – Book Launch with Ian Macpherson
- Glasgow’s Welcome University of Glasgow
- Bearing Witness: the state of journalism and press freedom across the globe