Indigo Cell, Sharmanka Kinetic Gallery , Sunday 1 March 4.15 p.m.
Sunday with a Difference
Indigo Cell – Sunday 1 March, 2015 at 4.15 p.m.
Sharmanka Kinetic Gallery & Theatre Trongate 103, Glasgow G1 5HD
Refreshing and different, Indigo Cell is a new trio featuring Linda Jaxson on vocals, Calum Ingram on cello and Graham Mackintosh on guitar.
The band have been busy writing songs for the CD, ‘Inside’, whilst individually working on transatlantic exchanges inspired by classic bands such as The Velvet Underground, combining this music with traditional Irish and Scottish songs to create a dreamy sound.
The setting for their next performance could not be any more atmospheric: The incredible Sharmanka Kinetic Gallery at Trongate 103 will be the space for this unusual and moving show on 1st March – starting early so be there for 4.15 p.m.
‘The three musicians each have their own pedigree but this combination delivers something very different. Linda Jaxson has a voice you won’t forget – from a deeper well and bringing emotion to the fore, Graham Mackintosh plays guitar with that root rhythm and clever lead work that demonstrates his long interest in the old Delta blues style. Calum Ingram and his original cello style have been giving the awe factor across Europe and the States. Together – a fresh take on blues and traditional song.’
Dublin singer, Aisling Quinn is the guest singer adding yet another pathway to a magical day.
Don’t miss this Sunday with a Difference, March 1st, doors open at 4.15pm. Show starts at 4.30pm.
For tickets, go to www.lindajaxson.com
Or call 07989455957
Sharmanka Kinetic Gallery & Theatre, First Floor, Trongate 103, Glasgow G1 5HD
This section: Gig Guide plus Club Events
Filed under: Gig Guide plus Club Events
- Irish fiddle player Michael Gorman Cd launch and Concert to celebrate his Glasgow connection
- Martin Stephenson & The Daintees OranMor
- Cottiers has Talent this Christmas
- A Very Buble Christmas at Cottiers
- Cottiers – Bar, Restaurant, Theatre, Glasgow West End
- SongWriters Uncovered Series 2019
- Fairytale of Glasgow
- Birds of Chicago The Doublet Glasgow
- Scottish Writers’ Centre From bytes to bestseller with Jonathan Whitelaw
- Guttersnipe at the Old Hairdressers
- One Night at The Disco, Riverside Museum
- The Long Ryders at OranMor
- Maria Doyle Kennedy, Cottiers
- Hang Massive at OranMor, Glasgow
- Thank Funk It’s Friday, South
- SAFR Takeover/The Primevals/The Reverse Cowgirls
- Nick Harper with Carol Laula and Port Erin CCA
- West Princes plus King Wine at the Hug and Pint, Glasgow
- The Great Western Festival of Musical Exploration and Discovery
- East End Free Festival Glasgow