Indigo Cell, Sharmanka Kinetic Gallery , Sunday 1 March 4.15 p.m.
Sunday with a Difference
Indigo Cell – Sunday 1 March, 2015 at 4.15 p.m.
Sharmanka Kinetic Gallery & Theatre Trongate 103, Glasgow G1 5HD
Refreshing and different, Indigo Cell is a new trio featuring Linda Jaxson on vocals, Calum Ingram on cello and Graham Mackintosh on guitar.
The band have been busy writing songs for the CD, ‘Inside’, whilst individually working on transatlantic exchanges inspired by classic bands such as The Velvet Underground, combining this music with traditional Irish and Scottish songs to create a dreamy sound.
The setting for their next performance could not be any more atmospheric: The incredible Sharmanka Kinetic Gallery at Trongate 103 will be the space for this unusual and moving show on 1st March – starting early so be there for 4.15 p.m.
‘The three musicians each have their own pedigree but this combination delivers something very different. Linda Jaxson has a voice you won’t forget – from a deeper well and bringing emotion to the fore, Graham Mackintosh plays guitar with that root rhythm and clever lead work that demonstrates his long interest in the old Delta blues style. Calum Ingram and his original cello style have been giving the awe factor across Europe and the States. Together – a fresh take on blues and traditional song.’
Dublin singer, Aisling Quinn is the guest singer adding yet another pathway to a magical day.
Don’t miss this Sunday with a Difference, March 1st, doors open at 4.15pm. Show starts at 4.30pm.
For tickets, go to www.lindajaxson.com
Or call 07989455957
Sharmanka Kinetic Gallery & Theatre, First Floor, Trongate 103, Glasgow G1 5HD
This section: Gig Guide plus Club Events
Filed under: Gig Guide plus Club Events
- Rod Picott The Admiral Bar
- An Evening with Women at the Carlton Studios
- Iain Matthews at The Doublet Bar
- Tannahill Arts Festival Paisley
- Adam Sutherland Tales ‘n’ Tunes Old Hairdressers
- Doghouse Roses & Dumb Instrument CCA
- Seven Song Club: Willie Campbell (Astrid), Bensider, Adriana Spina
- Maria Doyle Kennedy, Cottiers
- Book Launch: The Siren Awakes by Linda Jackson
- An Evening with Robin Laing
- Farzane Zamen, folk songs from Iran and Azarbaijan
- Soul Bowl, Partickhill Bowling and Community Club
- Harrison Whitford SWG3
- Edwyn Collins QMU Glasgow
- Propaganda – Indie Club Night, QMU
- G20 Festival GBX Fundraiser
- Starry Skies, Warren and Heather at Old Hairdressers
- Broken Chanter Album Launch, CCA
- Michael Simons at Partick Folk Club
- Pollokshields Proposes Exhibition Launch