Pete Case and Sid Griffin, Nice n Sleazy
Sunday, 22 March, 2020
Sounds in the Suburbs presents: Pete Case and Sid Griffin
Following last summers sell out tour of nine UK shows Peter Case returns this March where he will again join up with Sid Griffin to play a string of dates across the UK and Europe.
Two old L.A. alt-country hepcats (Or legends of Americana as one review put it) on one bill!
On the 22nd of March they play Sounds in the Suburbs, Glasgow NICE N SLEAZY at 421 Sauchiehall Street, Glasgow G2 3LG
Tickets: email@example.com or 07944 354459
Sid has famously said,
“Peter Case is one of my five favourite musicians of all-time. Of all-time. He is absolutely astounding as a writer and as a singer.”
Many will remember Peter Case from The Nerves’ groundbreaking work or from his leadership of The Plimsouls (“the best live act I ever saw, bar none” – Sid Griffin) and as a singer-songwriter Peter Case is pretty much the USA equivalent to Martin Carthy these days. His work with T-Bone Burnett, Roger McGuinn, Van Dyke Parks, members of Los Lobos, Victoria Williams, and…simply too many big names to remember…has put Peter on a pedestal he deserves.
Sid Griffin is known to British audiences from The Long Ryders, The Coal Porters and his frequent appearances on both BBC radio and TV as a pundit. Griffin has three solo albums out, the last being The Trick Is To Breathe, an album Uncut magazine named Americana Album of the Month, writing “…it is a high-water mark in a career which has always celebrated traditional American music with eloquence and boundless enthusiasm.
As per last years shows Sid will go on first and Grammy Award nominee Peter Case headlines.
This section: Gig Guide plus Club Events
Filed under: Gig Guide plus Club Events
- The Zoom Session with Dave Arcari
- Sounds in the Suburbs 5th Refuweegee Fundraiser
- Hip Hop to Opera via Negro Spirituals
- Refuweegee Fundraiser with Sound in the Suburbs
- Govanhill International Festival 2020
- Sammy’s Lockdown #5
- Aly Bain and Phil Cunningham at Cottiers
- Smokehead Sessions: Dave Arcari – full concert livestream
- Blues ‘n’ Twos with Dave Arcari
- Duglus T Stewart – Dreaded Light Composer
- Sounds in the Suburbs – Refuweegee Show
- Lindisfarne at Cottiers
- Sonnet Youth Social Club
- Sunset Sessions with Alan Frew
- ‘Here Comes The Moon’ – live stream single launch Starry Skies
- Stuck in the Suburbs – Refuweegee
- Lockdown Sessions Love Glasgow Hate Racism
- Live from a Tenement – Chiara Berardelli
- Sounds in the Suburbs Refuweegee Fundraiser
- Nice n Sleazy Big Weekend of Streaming Live