Pete Case and Sid Griffin, Nice n Sleazy
Sunday, 22 March, 2020
Sounds in the Suburbs presents: Pete Case and Sid Griffin
Following last summers sell out tour of nine UK shows Peter Case returns this March where he will again join up with Sid Griffin to play a string of dates across the UK and Europe.
Two old L.A. alt-country hepcats (Or legends of Americana as one review put it) on one bill!
On the 22nd of March they play Sounds in the Suburbs, Glasgow NICE N SLEAZY at 421 Sauchiehall Street, Glasgow G2 3LG
Tickets: firstname.lastname@example.org or 07944 354459
Sid has famously said,
“Peter Case is one of my five favourite musicians of all-time. Of all-time. He is absolutely astounding as a writer and as a singer.”
Many will remember Peter Case from The Nerves’ groundbreaking work or from his leadership of The Plimsouls (“the best live act I ever saw, bar none” – Sid Griffin) and as a singer-songwriter Peter Case is pretty much the USA equivalent to Martin Carthy these days. His work with T-Bone Burnett, Roger McGuinn, Van Dyke Parks, members of Los Lobos, Victoria Williams, and…simply too many big names to remember…has put Peter on a pedestal he deserves.
Sid Griffin is known to British audiences from The Long Ryders, The Coal Porters and his frequent appearances on both BBC radio and TV as a pundit. Griffin has three solo albums out, the last being The Trick Is To Breathe, an album Uncut magazine named Americana Album of the Month, writing “…it is a high-water mark in a career which has always celebrated traditional American music with eloquence and boundless enthusiasm.
As per last years shows Sid will go on first and Grammy Award nominee Peter Case headlines.
This section: Gig Guide plus Club Events
Filed under: Gig Guide plus Club Events
- Shoot Your Shot PRIDE
- Joy Dunlop – Gaelic Live Online Concert and Ceilidh
- Cottiers – Bar, Restaurant, Theatre, Glasgow West End
- Smokehead Sessions – Dave Arcari Wildcats
- Sounds in the Suburbs – One Whole Year of Refuweegee Shows
- Lizzie Reid at Stirling Tolbooth Shindig Online
- The Everything Thing by Jim McAteer – Single Launch
- Carlton Sessions
- St Patrick’s Day Special: The Great Irish Songbook
- February Noise – Refuweegee
- BMX Bandits at St Luke’s
- How Does It Feel To Be Loved – Virtual Dance Party
- The Acoustic Night Special Nice ‘n’ Sleazy
- Bemis – Celtic Connections in the Community
- Opening Celebration Concert Celtic Connections Online 2021
- Opening Celebration Concert – Celtic Connections 2021 Online
- Announcement Full Programme Celtic Connections Online Festival 2021
- Festive Concert with Dave Arcari
- Refuweegee Festive Benefit Gig
- Who’s Zoomin Who? Music, Copyright and Precarity