Seven Song Club The Tron Duncan McCrone
Friday 27 March, 2020 8 p.m.
Seven Song Club, Tron Theatre, 63 Trongate, G1 5HB
£8 Buy tickets
Duncan McCrone and Cy Jack
Duncan McCrone and Cy Jack have been performing and writing together since they’d prefer not to say… From the days of influential folk-rock outfit Dapplegrim, through years with TV, radio and live performance legends the Clydesiders, they have established themselves as songwriters, media music composers and storytellers.
Their fourth album ‘Land of Gold’ on Greentrax Recordings has already become an established favourite on radio playlists across Scotland, Europe and beyond. A warm evening of great stories and songs from two of Scotland’s best-established songwriters and warmest performers.
Hailing from Amsterdam, DUSTY STRAY features the alt-folk repertoire of Texan expat Jonathan Brown which delves into universal themes of unrequited love, heartbreak, loneliness and death but (almost) always with a small dose of hope and redemption. The melodic, lightly psychedelic acoustic-based songs are often accompanied by a number of unusual instruments and toys. “It’s all delightfully dark and the trick of allying beautiful and tapalong music to dark words has rarely been performed as well“ AMERICANA.UK
For Jack Law there’s something about music and songs that’s inescapable. Jack has played in folk clubs across the UK and built a strong reputation as a singer/songwriter. With fellow musician Billy Campbell he recently released the album ‘Two Hats’.
Jack tell stories, woven into song. Tales of the dark side, of hope, of poverty of despair; tales of ordinary lives, our hopes and aspirations. Tales of trying to make a difference and not giving in, of the magnet of the future and the draw of the past. The stuff of life, what we all experience in our own way, what we might see and what we miss by not looking.
- Twitter Chat, Little Women at GFT Online Film Club
- Online Quiz Night with Duglus T Stewart
- Sounds in the Suburbs Refuweegee Fundraiser
- Nice n Sleazy Big Weekend of Streaming Live
- The Poets’ Time – weekly meetings with Linda Jackson on Zoom
- Creative Conversations: Iain Maloney, Novelist and Poet – Zoom Event
- Ian R. Mitchell – Some Images From Glasgow’s Past
- Stay at Home Literary Fringe Festival
- Sonnet Youth Social Club
- Creative Conversations, Monday Lunchtimes, University of Glasgow Chapel
- Jamaica Kincaid: novelist and writer – Creative Conversations ZOOM EVENT
- Zoom Event – A reading and Q&A with renowned poet Peter Gizzi
- Aye Write – Big Book Weekend Virtual Festival
- Woodlands Community – Free Zoom Meditation and Discussion
- From Glasgow to Saturn Issue 44 – read online
- The Specialized Big Isofest
- Film Friday Art in the Archive National Library of Scotland
- Sofa Fest – digital entertainment
- Glasgow Youth Film Festival – Top Documentary Picks for Young People
- Short Attention Span Theatre during Lockdown