Seven Song Club The Tron Duncan McCrone
Friday 27 March, 2020 8 p.m.
Seven Song Club, Tron Theatre, 63 Trongate, G1 5HB
£8 Buy tickets
Duncan McCrone and Cy Jack
Duncan McCrone and Cy Jack have been performing and writing together since they’d prefer not to say… From the days of influential folk-rock outfit Dapplegrim, through years with TV, radio and live performance legends the Clydesiders, they have established themselves as songwriters, media music composers and storytellers.
Their fourth album ‘Land of Gold’ on Greentrax Recordings has already become an established favourite on radio playlists across Scotland, Europe and beyond. A warm evening of great stories and songs from two of Scotland’s best-established songwriters and warmest performers.
Hailing from Amsterdam, DUSTY STRAY features the alt-folk repertoire of Texan expat Jonathan Brown which delves into universal themes of unrequited love, heartbreak, loneliness and death but (almost) always with a small dose of hope and redemption. The melodic, lightly psychedelic acoustic-based songs are often accompanied by a number of unusual instruments and toys. “It’s all delightfully dark and the trick of allying beautiful and tapalong music to dark words has rarely been performed as well“ AMERICANA.UK
For Jack Law there’s something about music and songs that’s inescapable. Jack has played in folk clubs across the UK and built a strong reputation as a singer/songwriter. With fellow musician Billy Campbell he recently released the album ‘Two Hats’.
Jack tell stories, woven into song. Tales of the dark side, of hope, of poverty of despair; tales of ordinary lives, our hopes and aspirations. Tales of trying to make a difference and not giving in, of the magnet of the future and the draw of the past. The stuff of life, what we all experience in our own way, what we might see and what we miss by not looking.
- Fright Fest Glasgow Film Festival Online 2021
- Believe in Scotland Virtual Burns Supper
- A Virtual Burns Night Edinburgh Castle
- Burns Celebration Online Tannahill Centre
- Janey Godley’s Big Burns Supper Online
- Paisley Book Festival 2021 – Online
- Bemis – Celtic Connections in the Community
- Opening Celebration Concert Celtic Connections Online 2021
- Glasgow Film Festival 2021 – Programme Announced
- Creative Conversations: Oyinkan Braithwaite
- Multi-talented and Versatile – Laura Turnbull Fyfe
- Sav Aiello Yoga Savvy Classes
- Online Dance Club LGBTI Plus Elders – National Theatre of Scotland
- Opening Celebration Concert – Celtic Connections 2021 Online
- Announcement Full Programme Celtic Connections Online Festival 2021
- Balloch Open Mic – Vale Lad ‘Done Good’ – again
- Hogmanay Live Event – ‘One singer one song’
- Online End of Year Quiz Night with Duglus T Stewart
- Carlton Studios Crowdfunder Saturdays FB Livestream
- Balloch House Hotel Open Mic (in abeyance)