Seven Song Club The Tron Duncan McCrone
Friday 27 March, 2020 8 p.m.
Seven Song Club, Tron Theatre, 63 Trongate, G1 5HB
£8 Buy tickets
Duncan McCrone and Cy Jack
Duncan McCrone and Cy Jack have been performing and writing together since they’d prefer not to say… From the days of influential folk-rock outfit Dapplegrim, through years with TV, radio and live performance legends the Clydesiders, they have established themselves as songwriters, media music composers and storytellers.
Their fourth album ‘Land of Gold’ on Greentrax Recordings has already become an established favourite on radio playlists across Scotland, Europe and beyond. A warm evening of great stories and songs from two of Scotland’s best-established songwriters and warmest performers.
Hailing from Amsterdam, DUSTY STRAY features the alt-folk repertoire of Texan expat Jonathan Brown which delves into universal themes of unrequited love, heartbreak, loneliness and death but (almost) always with a small dose of hope and redemption. The melodic, lightly psychedelic acoustic-based songs are often accompanied by a number of unusual instruments and toys. “It’s all delightfully dark and the trick of allying beautiful and tapalong music to dark words has rarely been performed as well“ AMERICANA.UK
For Jack Law there’s something about music and songs that’s inescapable. Jack has played in folk clubs across the UK and built a strong reputation as a singer/songwriter. With fellow musician Billy Campbell he recently released the album ‘Two Hats’.
Jack tell stories, woven into song. Tales of the dark side, of hope, of poverty of despair; tales of ordinary lives, our hopes and aspirations. Tales of trying to make a difference and not giving in, of the magnet of the future and the draw of the past. The stuff of life, what we all experience in our own way, what we might see and what we miss by not looking.
- Scottish Writers Creative Conversation Showcase
- Smokehead Sessions: Dave Arcari – full concert livestream
- Vegan Cookery Workshop
- Art in Nature: Make a Mandala
- Researching Scotland’s Mountain Women: National Library of Scotland
- Online Quiz Night with Duglus T Stewart
- Blues ‘n’ Twos with Dave Arcari
- Sonnet Youth Social Club #2
- Sleep Workshops Woodlands Community
- Book Launch: New Shoots Old Roots (2)
- Duglus T Stewart – Dreaded Light Composer
- SEE YOU IN 10 YEARS WRITING COMPETITION for Teenagers
- Record Store Day – Love Music Glasgow
- “Monsters, Process and Mayhem” T.L. Huchu in conversation with Chikodili Emelumadu
- Alice – Watch Online GFT
- The Traitor Glasgow Film Theatre Online
- Govan’s Glories: Central Govan Walk Ian R. Mitchell
- Payback Claire MacLeary
- Her Century – National Library of Scotland
- Sounds in the Suburbs – Refuweegee Show