Looking at Mackintosh’s Masterpiece
Photographer Sylvia Richardson brings a unique exhibition of previously unseen images of Mackintosh’s Masterpiece, The Glasgow School of Art building.
Exhibition in Mackintosh Queens Cross Church runs from Opening Evening 6th of March 6-30-9pm then from 9th of March Monday, Wednesday & Fridays 11am-4pm until the 3rd of April 2020.
Mackintosh Queen’s Cross Church, 870 Garscube Road, G20 7EL
Her images encapsulate an intimate view of the building’s internal spaces and lead us on an ambling journey from the observer’s perspective. Corridors full of light and patterned shadows, reflections of beautiful sculptures, wood carvings and windows; Sylvia captures subtleties as part of her own artistic discovery of Mackintosh. A celebration of the unseen, this exhibition is particularly poignant following the sad destruction of the Glasgow School of Art Mackintosh building following two fires in 2014 and 2018.
Sylvia Richardson was born in 1966. She recalls enjoying her mothers tape slides as a young child and being encouraged to pick up her own camera to document her life through the lens from a young age. Her early interest in creative subjects at school was extended during training at North Glasgow College, where she studied film, monochrome, darkroom development and digital photography, before going on to complete her HNC/HND at Reid Kerr college in 2012. The Glasgow School of Art Building designed by Charles Rennie Mackintosh was an exquisite piece of architecture which captured her imagination. Sylvia is pleased to share this exhibition, ‘Looking at Mackintosh’s Masterpiece,’ at Mackintosh Queen’s Cross Church.
Admission is free but donations are encouraged.
- Independent Bookshop Week 2021
- Red Squirrel Press – Launch of Three Publications
- #StreamMyStory Children’s Online Events Summer 2021
- Cottiers – Bar, Restaurant, Theatre, Glasgow West End
- Glasgow School of Art Digital Showcase 2021
- A Spotlight on Jack Knox – Compass Gallery
- The Hunterian: Jimmy Robert: Tobacco Flower
- Hillhead Summer Arts Academy 2021
- Mansfield Park Street Festival 2021
- Vinicombe Street Gala 2021
- Touring Scotland – Pop Up Opera 2021
- 100 Years of the Barras Photography Exhibition
- Scottish Books Long Weekend
- Meet the Poet: Marcus Slease & Colin Herd
- Contemporary Quilt Group, The Auld Kirk
- Balloch Open Mic on Zoom
- Sheffield Doc Festival 2021 at GFT
- Aye Write on Demand 2021
- Refugee Festival Scotland 2021
- Riverside Festival Glasgow 2021 – Online