Looking at Mackintosh’s Masterpiece
Photographer Sylvia Richardson brings a unique exhibition of previously unseen images of Mackintosh’s Masterpiece, The Glasgow School of Art building.
Exhibition in Mackintosh Queens Cross Church runs from Opening Evening 6th of March 6-30-9pm then from 9th of March Monday, Wednesday & Fridays 11am-4pm until the 3rd of April 2020.
Mackintosh Queen’s Cross Church, 870 Garscube Road, G20 7EL
Her images encapsulate an intimate view of the building’s internal spaces and lead us on an ambling journey from the observer’s perspective. Corridors full of light and patterned shadows, reflections of beautiful sculptures, wood carvings and windows; Sylvia captures subtleties as part of her own artistic discovery of Mackintosh. A celebration of the unseen, this exhibition is particularly poignant following the sad destruction of the Glasgow School of Art Mackintosh building following two fires in 2014 and 2018.
Sylvia Richardson was born in 1966. She recalls enjoying her mothers tape slides as a young child and being encouraged to pick up her own camera to document her life through the lens from a young age. Her early interest in creative subjects at school was extended during training at North Glasgow College, where she studied film, monochrome, darkroom development and digital photography, before going on to complete her HNC/HND at Reid Kerr college in 2012. The Glasgow School of Art Building designed by Charles Rennie Mackintosh was an exquisite piece of architecture which captured her imagination. Sylvia is pleased to share this exhibition, ‘Looking at Mackintosh’s Masterpiece,’ at Mackintosh Queen’s Cross Church.
Admission is free but donations are encouraged.
- The World I Fell Out Of – Melanie Reid
- Vivian French and The Giant’s Tea Party
- COP26 Global Event In Glasgow – Seeks Volunteers
- Fright Fest Glasgow Film Festival Online 2021
- Believe in Scotland Virtual Burns Supper
- A Virtual Burns Night Edinburgh Castle
- Janey Godley’s Big Burns Supper Online
- Paisley Book Festival 2021 – Online
- Bemis – Celtic Connections in the Community
- Opening Celebration Concert Celtic Connections Online 2021
- Glasgow Film Festival 2021 – Programme Announced
- Online Dance Club LGBTI Plus Elders – National Theatre of Scotland
- Opening Celebration Concert – Celtic Connections 2021 Online
- Announcement Full Programme Celtic Connections Online Festival 2021
- Hogmanay Live Event – ‘One singer one song’
- Carlton Studios Crowdfunder Saturdays FB Livestream
- Christmas Exhibition 2020 – Compass Gallery
- Refuweegee Festive Benefit Gig
- Opening Film and Closing Gala Glasgow Film Festival 2021
- Virtual Santa Dash 2020