No Waste Dinner at Project Cafe
Wednesday 21 August, 2019 . 6.30 – 9.30 p.m.
The Project Cafe, 134 Renfrew Street, Glasgow G3 6ST
Join the Townhead Area Foodsharing hub at Project Cafe for a multi-course meal tackling food waste. Every course will be made from commonly wasted food and donations from local food businesses, and there’ll be plenty of resources to learn how you can tackle food waste at home and help fight climate change.
A more final menu will be provided closer to the event but expect creative, innovative dishes like charred corn husk consomme, Sourdough Miso and yesterday’s croissant pudding with candied fruit peels.
All meals will be vegetarian. We will be trying to provide a vegan option for every course but due making the meal from donated foods this may not be 100% possible.
Cost: Pay what you want donation on the night
BYOB on the night, cost £3 corkage for the venue.
- Mother India Cafe & Open for Takeaway and Uber Eats
- Mother India Festive Season Takeaway Menus
- World Food Day 2020 – Propogate Scotland
- Fly your flag in Woodlands!
- Cottiers – Book a Table
- The Glasgow Diet – Discussion Event
- Big Wednesday Night Quiz QMU
- A Very Quiet Street – exploring Glasgow’s history with Zoe Strachan and Louise Welsh
- Govanhill Baths Archive Showcase
- Celebrating Ten Years of Woodlands Community Garden
- Zine Making, Govanhill Book Festival 2020
- Govanhill International Festival 2020
- Glasgow West End Restaurants – Eat Out to Help Out
- Tchai Ovna House of Tea Takeaway
- Summer Art Sessions Woodlands Community
- Black Lives Matter – Anti-Racism Community Reflection on Zoom
- Create & Connect Showcase. Glasgow Women’s Library
- Singing with Beth, Live on Facebook
- Kothel Crow Road – boxes of daily selected fruit and veg
- Cottiers – Bar, Restaurant, Theatre, Glasgow West End