Nnena Kalu, ProjectAbility, Glasgow
Runs until 26 May, 2018
Nnena Kalu is an artist working with ActionSpace, a London based visual arts organisation that supports artists with learning disabilities. To create her work, she binds and layers materials to create large, colourful structures that wrap themselves around the gallery, reacting to the size, shape and environment of each new setting.
An array of different colours and textures adorn her wrapped installations and they grow from a small curious object in the space, into a large, immersive presence which transforms the gallery into a vessel for these organic forms to inhabit. Kalu will be in residence with Project Ability during the first week of the festival; watching her work is a mesmerising experience.
Visitors can see Nnena Kalu create her work in situ, during the first week of the festival.
Supported by the Foyle Foundation.
Part of Glasgow International
ProjectAbility, 103 Trongate, Glasgow G1 5HD
Filed under: Art & artists Glasgow West End, Art, Photography, Exhibitions what's on-glasgow, Glasgow International, Glasgow international, Glasgow International, What's On Glasgow West End: cinema, clubs, theatre, music, events, festivals, community and more
- Unchained Comedy Club at McChuills
- Gathering the Seeds, Woodlands Community
- West End Festival 2021
- Anna H. Geerdes – Borderline Exhibition
- Glasgow Doors Open Day 2021 – Arlington Baths Club
- Lizzie Reid at King Tut’s Wah Wah Hut
- Big Tunes at the Bandstand – Kelvingrove, Glasgow
- Poetry Launch Party – Jim Ferguson and Kirsty Taylor
- Do The Right Thing, Glasgow Youth Film Festival
- Our Ladies, GFT
- Annette, Glasgow Film Theatre
- Wildfire plus Q & A at Glasgow Film Theatre
- Sweetheart, Glasgow Youth Film Festival 2021
- Glasgow Fancy Women Bike Ride
- Siobhan Miller at Websters Theatre
- Bill W and Dr Bob, Websters Theatre
- Lin Anderson on Bloody Scotland 2021
- A Christmas Carol- A Hauntingly Hilarious Family Panto!
- Bernard Maclaverty Creative Conversations
- Creative Conversations, University of Glasgow