Nnena Kalu, ProjectAbility, Glasgow
Runs until 26 May, 2018
Nnena Kalu is an artist working with ActionSpace, a London based visual arts organisation that supports artists with learning disabilities. To create her work, she binds and layers materials to create large, colourful structures that wrap themselves around the gallery, reacting to the size, shape and environment of each new setting.
An array of different colours and textures adorn her wrapped installations and they grow from a small curious object in the space, into a large, immersive presence which transforms the gallery into a vessel for these organic forms to inhabit. Kalu will be in residence with Project Ability during the first week of the festival; watching her work is a mesmerising experience.
Visitors can see Nnena Kalu create her work in situ, during the first week of the festival.
Supported by the Foyle Foundation.
Part of Glasgow International
ProjectAbility, 103 Trongate, Glasgow G1 5HD
Filed under: Art & artists Glasgow West End, Art, Photography, Exhibitions what's on-glasgow, Glasgow International, Glasgow international, Glasgow International, What's On Glasgow West End: cinema, clubs, theatre, music, events, festivals, community and more
- Spot The Signs Renfrewshire
- The Greatest Hits, Mental Health Fundraiser
- The Big Talk, Men and Mental Health at The Ice Box
- Befriending Food Experience Celebrate St Andrew’s Day
- Glasgow Hospitals Christmas Concert 2019 Royal Concert Hall
- Book launch: The Light Acknowledgers by Gerry Cambridge
- Telling Invents Told Lis Rhodes
- Winter Fine Art and Antiques Auction, Great Western Auction
- Thomas A Clark: Poet Artist Curator at Creative Converstions
- Charlie Gracie, Donal McLaughlin and Finola Scott CCA
- Artists Moving Image Festival The Tramway
- The Lying King – Glasgow Christmas 2019
- First a Girl, GFT
- Miles Davis: Birth of the Cool GFT
- 2040 at GFT
- Pity Party Film Club I Shot Andy Warhol CCA
- Queer Classics & Matchbox Cineclub City of Lost Souls CCA
- Alan Ereira ALUNA – screening and talk CCA
- Cooking Pot Biting the Hand that Feeds, CCA
- UK Jewish Film Festival 2019 at GFT Glasgow