Nnena Kalu, ProjectAbility, Glasgow
Runs until 26 May, 2018
Nnena Kalu is an artist working with ActionSpace, a London based visual arts organisation that supports artists with learning disabilities. To create her work, she binds and layers materials to create large, colourful structures that wrap themselves around the gallery, reacting to the size, shape and environment of each new setting.
An array of different colours and textures adorn her wrapped installations and they grow from a small curious object in the space, into a large, immersive presence which transforms the gallery into a vessel for these organic forms to inhabit. Kalu will be in residence with Project Ability during the first week of the festival; watching her work is a mesmerising experience.
Visitors can see Nnena Kalu create her work in situ, during the first week of the festival.
Supported by the Foyle Foundation.
Part of Glasgow International
ProjectAbility, 103 Trongate, Glasgow G1 5HD
Filed under: Art & artists Glasgow West End, Art, Photography, Exhibitions what's on-glasgow, Glasgow International, Glasgow international, Glasgow International, What's On Glasgow West End: cinema, clubs, theatre, music, events, festivals, community and more
- Addicted The Musical Websters Theatre Glasgow
- Poetry Launches CCA – Stephen Watt, Derek Parkes and Mandy Haggith
- Sikorski Polish Club, Glasgow Doors Open Day 2019
- Rod Picott The Admiral Bar
- Opening GYFF Gala: The Farewell (PG)
- Something Fishy Clydebuilt Festival 2019
- The Wedding Planner, OranMor
- An Evening with Women at the Carlton Studios
- Clydebuilt Festival 2019
- Wullie Davidson’s Bus Pass Ramblings: St Andrews
- Glasgow Youth Film Festival 2019
- For Sama GFT
- Drag Kids, GFT Glasgow Youth Film Festival
- Code Geass: Lelouch of the Re;Surrection GFT
- Iain Matthews at The Doublet Bar
- Tannahill Arts Festival Paisley
- Cleek the movie – Tannahill Arts Festival
- Adam Sutherland Tales ‘n’ Tunes Old Hairdressers
- The Glasgow Guild Talks 2019
- Ando Glaso Gypsy Music Short Course CCA