E. Jane / Hardeep Pandhal Opening GI Festival, Kelvin Hall, Glasgow
Opening event for two exhibitions as part of Glasgow International’s Director’s Programme at Kelvin Hall.
E.Jane – Lavendra
Lavendra is the name given by American artist and sound designer E. Jane to a fantastical brown dwarf star, an imagined planetary cosmos ‘stabilised’ for human presence by the harmonising influence of 1990s black pop divas including Aaliyah, Whitney Houston and Toni Braxton.
Taking in themes associated with Afrofuturism, Lavendra is driven by both a sense of what might be magical in the internet era – when identity and representation are given a heightened digital public platform – as well as a desire to heal.
Hardeep Pandhal – Self-Loathing Flashmob
Hardeep Pandhal creates a new installation in the institutional environs of Kelvin Hall’s foyer and dancehall.
With this large-scale work, stretching across two floors, he presents an upturned world suggesting that whilst technology might mutate, evolve and eventually slip into obsolescence, the sociopathic tendencies of the ‘totalising eye’ remain dangerously consistent.
Kelvin Hall, 1445 Argyle Street, G3 8AW
Part of Glasgow International Festival
Filed under: Art, Photography, Exhibitions what's on-glasgow, Glasgow International, Glasgow international, Glasgow International, What's On Glasgow West End: cinema, clubs, theatre, music, events, festivals, community and more
- Bohemia Bespoke Vintage Wedding Fair
- Cottiers Burns Supper and Ceilidh
- Burns Night (excellent)
- Burns Night Ceilidh, Stereo
- This is not a Burns Night – Dance of the Underclass
- Burns Baby Burns Dance of the Underclass Aftershow Party
- Cine(thesia) Coming Out, Kelvin Hall
- Different from Others with Illustrated Talk, GFT
- No Fathers in Kashmir, GFT
- Celine and Julie Go Boating, GFT
- The Personal History of David Copperfield, GFT
- Creative Conversation: Kate Charlesworth, Illustrator and Writer
- Celtic Connections 2020: Lucy Rose review Fionnuala Boyle
- GRIT Orchestra Celtic Connections 2020 photography and review Pauline Keightley
- Helen McClory: Short Story Writer and Novelist at Creative Conversations
- Wrest and Maz O’Connor, Celtic Connections review Fionnuala Boyle
- Winter Tree Identification Workshop
- Luca Manning & Fergus McCreadie Celtic Connections
- John Inglis Exhibition New Collages 2016 – 2019 Compass Gallery
- Red Thread Film Club Lynne Ramsay – Gasman and Ratcatcher