E. Jane / Hardeep Pandhal Opening GI Festival, Kelvin Hall, Glasgow
Opening event for two exhibitions as part of Glasgow International’s Director’s Programme at Kelvin Hall.
E.Jane – Lavendra
Lavendra is the name given by American artist and sound designer E. Jane to a fantastical brown dwarf star, an imagined planetary cosmos ‘stabilised’ for human presence by the harmonising influence of 1990s black pop divas including Aaliyah, Whitney Houston and Toni Braxton.
Taking in themes associated with Afrofuturism, Lavendra is driven by both a sense of what might be magical in the internet era – when identity and representation are given a heightened digital public platform – as well as a desire to heal.
Hardeep Pandhal – Self-Loathing Flashmob
Hardeep Pandhal creates a new installation in the institutional environs of Kelvin Hall’s foyer and dancehall.
With this large-scale work, stretching across two floors, he presents an upturned world suggesting that whilst technology might mutate, evolve and eventually slip into obsolescence, the sociopathic tendencies of the ‘totalising eye’ remain dangerously consistent.
Kelvin Hall, 1445 Argyle Street, G3 8AW
Part of Glasgow International Festival
Filed under: Art, Photography, Exhibitions what's on-glasgow, Glasgow International, Glasgow international, Glasgow International, What's On Glasgow West End: cinema, clubs, theatre, music, events, festivals, community and more
- Mongrel: Donna Campbell debut poetry collection
- World Book Night with Denise Mina
- Celebrate Your Story – Workshop with Samina Chaudry
- Mother India Cafe & Open for Takeaway and Uber Eats
- The Everything Thing by Jim McAteer – Single Launch
- Open The Door Festival 2021 – Scottish Women’s Writing
- Aye Write 2021 – Pre-Festival Event
- Woodlands Climate Action 2021 Coffee Chats – COP26 and Local Climate Action
- Beats – GFT At Home
- Song Without A Name online at GFT
- Days of the Bagnold Summer
- Carlton Sessions
- A WORKING CLASS STATE OF MIND by Colin Burnett
- Femspectives Film Festival 2021 announces full programme
- Minari at GFF21 – review by Pat Byrne
- Launch of The Ship Yard Project
- Wee Nature Fest – Islands of Abandonment
- Sheena Blackhall – Meet the Author
- Slow Nature – Woodlands Community Booklet Launch
- A Year of Workers’ Stories