Nicky Melville: Poet and Artist at Creative Conversations
Monday 03 February 2020, 1 p.m. – 2 p.m.
Free & Open to the Public
University Chapel, West Quadrangle, Main Building Gilmorehill Campus, University of Glasgow, Glasgow G12 8QQ
Nick-e Melville makes found, visual, process and sometimes even ‘proper’ poetry. Since 2010 he has had ten publications released, including a poster poem and a badge; his most recent book is ABBODIES (sad press 2017) and he was anthologised in the international collection of visual poetry The New Concrete (Hayward Gallery Publishing, 2015). His work has also featured in several exhibitions, with a solo exhibition, ‘DOLE,’ at Interview Room 11 in 2013. He has taught creative writing in many settings for over ten years and from 2010-2011 he was Writer (not) in Residence at HMP Edinburgh. From time to time he organises and co-hosts poetry events in Edinburgh, the current series is Second Space, poetry with videos.
As part of the on-going Creative Conversation speaker series poet Nick-e Melville comes to campus to chat about his writing. Bring your lunch and burning questions!
Sponsored by the Ferguson Bequest and programmed by Creative Writing at University of Glasgow.
This section: Books, Talks, Poetry and Creative Writing Events
Filed under: Books, Talks, Poetry and Creative Writing Events
- Poetry Launch Party – Jim Ferguson and Kirsty Taylor
- Lin Anderson on Bloody Scotland 2021
- Bernard Maclaverty Creative Conversations
- Creative Conversations, University of Glasgow
- Autumn Creative Writing Courses – Dr Tawnya Selene Renelle
- Magi Gibson – Audacious Women Festival
- Walking and Writing in the Botanics with Gerry Loose
- Walking and Writing with Lesley O’Brien, Glasgow Green
- Balloch Open Mic returns to Balloch House Hotel
- Poets’ Time, Book Launch
- Book Festival – Govanhill International Festival 2021
- ‘There’s a Problem with Dad’ by Carlos Alba
- The Girl, The Crow, The Writer And The Fighter – Debut Novel by George Paterson
- Govanhill International Festival 2021
- Scribblers Union Digital Gig Series
- Bloody Scotland – Crime Debut of the Year 2021
- Brian Whittingham – Writing Walks in Kelvingrove
- Three Lockdown Poets at Avant Garde
- Independent Bookshop Week 2021
- Tell it slant, Glasgow: Book Launch: A Bird Is Not A Stone.