Nicky Melville: Poet and Artist at Creative Conversations
Monday 03 February 2020, 1 p.m. – 2 p.m.
Free & Open to the Public
University Chapel, West Quadrangle, Main Building Gilmorehill Campus, University of Glasgow, Glasgow G12 8QQ
Nick-e Melville makes found, visual, process and sometimes even ‘proper’ poetry. Since 2010 he has had ten publications released, including a poster poem and a badge; his most recent book is ABBODIES (sad press 2017) and he was anthologised in the international collection of visual poetry The New Concrete (Hayward Gallery Publishing, 2015). His work has also featured in several exhibitions, with a solo exhibition, ‘DOLE,’ at Interview Room 11 in 2013. He has taught creative writing in many settings for over ten years and from 2010-2011 he was Writer (not) in Residence at HMP Edinburgh. From time to time he organises and co-hosts poetry events in Edinburgh, the current series is Second Space, poetry with videos.
As part of the on-going Creative Conversation speaker series poet Nick-e Melville comes to campus to chat about his writing. Bring your lunch and burning questions!
Sponsored by the Ferguson Bequest and programmed by Creative Writing at University of Glasgow.
This section: Books, Talks, Poetry and Creative Writing Events
Filed under: Books, Talks, Poetry and Creative Writing Events
- Occupy! Occupy! Occupy! – graphic novel launch
- Mary Irvine’s Blog: Review – The Way Home by Robin Scott-Elliot
- Raw Poetry at Scottish Writers Centre
- The Rhynie Station: Grunnit Spring by Ian R. Mitchell
- Bloody Scotland 2022 McIlvanney Prize Long List
- Pitch Perfect at Bloody Scotland 2022
- Glasgow Literary Lounge at the Scotia Bar
- Scottish Writers: The Glass Cat by George Colkitto – Book Launch
- Book launch: ‘Meantime’ by Frankie Boyle
- The Glasgow Effect: Online Talk with Ellie Harrison
- The Feeling Sonnets – Carcanet Book Launch
- Scottish Writers Centre: Playwriting Workshop
- Sma’ Shot Day 2022
- The Voyage Out: The Travel Writing Workshop with Linda Jackson
- Stories of Our Worlds – Refugee Festival 2022
- Scottish Writers: Bloomsday Celebration with Christie Williamson
- Film + Q&A: Zev Robinson’s “Feeding the City”
- The Wanderlust Women – three poems
- Book Launch: This Script by Jenny Lindsay
- Creative Conversations: Michael Pederson