Merchant City Festival 2018
Open 4-5 August and 9-12 August.
Merchant City Festival, back for 2018 presenting the best in Scottish and international arts and entertainment, showcasing Glasgow as a UNESCO City of Music and the unique cultural and creative hub that is Glasgow’s Merchant City.
Fabulous programme of events with street art, music, dance, design, film, comedy, carnival procession and activities for children & families alongside lively markets and a curated selection of street food.
Also returning is the Encontro Street Band Festival with a spectacular celebration of carnival and street band music, Scotland’s leading developer of street arts, Surge, presents a line up of extraordinary street theatre acts popping up for your entertainment.
This year’s Merchant City Festival runs in tangent with Festival 2018 with Glasgow’s iconic George Square in the Merchant City at the beating heart of Festival 2018.
The cultural festival runs during the Glasgow 2018 European Championships, creating a carnival atmosphere in the city.
Festival 2018 cultural programme will run throughout the Championships with programme of music, dance, circus and much more
Also check out
- Mobilising for COP 26 – Climate, Justice, Jobs Glasgow
- The Lucky Sparrow Games Cafe Open Day
- Night at the Museum, Burns On Water, University of Glasgow
- Cottiers – Bar, Restaurant, Theatre, Glasgow West End
- Americana City Halls, Celtic Connections 2020
- Matchbox Cineclub Cage-a-rama 2020
- Paisley Book Festival 2020
- Glasgow Canal Festival 2020
- Are We In A Book – book launch The Dram
- Future Glue Christmas Party
- Christmas Tech Sale at The Dream Machine
- Art on the Exchange Glasgow
- First events announced for Glasgow Film Festival 2020
- Carols in the Garden, Wilton Street, Glasgow West End
- CinemaAttic – Catalan Film Festival CCA
- Light Up Maryhill
- G20 and The Children’s Wood Christmas Fair
- Making Her Mark Launch Event
- Wedding Showcase at Cottiers
- Difference by Design Arts and Crafts Fair, Websters