Merchant City Festival 2018
Open 4-5 August and 9-12 August.
Merchant City Festival, back for 2018 presenting the best in Scottish and international arts and entertainment, showcasing Glasgow as a UNESCO City of Music and the unique cultural and creative hub that is Glasgow’s Merchant City.
Fabulous programme of events with street art, music, dance, design, film, comedy, carnival procession and activities for children & families alongside lively markets and a curated selection of street food.
Also returning is the Encontro Street Band Festival with a spectacular celebration of carnival and street band music, Scotland’s leading developer of street arts, Surge, presents a line up of extraordinary street theatre acts popping up for your entertainment.
This year’s Merchant City Festival runs in tangent with Festival 2018 with Glasgow’s iconic George Square in the Merchant City at the beating heart of Festival 2018.
The cultural festival runs during the Glasgow 2018 European Championships, creating a carnival atmosphere in the city.
Festival 2018 cultural programme will run throughout the Championships with programme of music, dance, circus and much more
Also check out
- West End Festival 2021
- Anna H. Geerdes – Borderline Exhibition
- Glasgow Doors Open Day 2021 – Arlington Baths Club
- Big Tunes at the Bandstand – Kelvingrove, Glasgow
- Do The Right Thing, Glasgow Youth Film Festival
- Our Ladies, GFT
- Annette, Glasgow Film Theatre
- Wildfire plus Q & A at Glasgow Film Theatre
- Sweetheart, Glasgow Youth Film Festival 2021
- Glasgow Fancy Women Bike Ride
- Lin Anderson on Bloody Scotland 2021
- Networking Climate Cafe – SCCAN
- Riverside Festival x Turn The Tables
- Govan Stones Music Festival
- Parents and Toddlers Outside, Woodside Garden, Maryhill
- Riverside Festival 2021
- Sounds in the Suburbs – Refuweegee Show
- Bat Walk, Glasgow Green
- Local Food at COP26 – Open Meeting
- Glasgow Connects, Glasgow Science Festival 2021