Merchant City Festival 2018
Open 4-5 August and 9-12 August.
Merchant City Festival, back for 2018 presenting the best in Scottish and international arts and entertainment, showcasing Glasgow as a UNESCO City of Music and the unique cultural and creative hub that is Glasgow’s Merchant City.
Fabulous programme of events with street art, music, dance, design, film, comedy, carnival procession and activities for children & families alongside lively markets and a curated selection of street food.
Also returning is the Encontro Street Band Festival with a spectacular celebration of carnival and street band music, Scotland’s leading developer of street arts, Surge, presents a line up of extraordinary street theatre acts popping up for your entertainment.
This year’s Merchant City Festival runs in tangent with Festival 2018 with Glasgow’s iconic George Square in the Merchant City at the beating heart of Festival 2018.
The cultural festival runs during the Glasgow 2018 European Championships, creating a carnival atmosphere in the city.
Festival 2018 cultural programme will run throughout the Championships with programme of music, dance, circus and much more
Also check out
- Art Exhibition at The Arlington Baths Club
- The Flying Dug Quiz Night, Glasgow
- The Rocky Horror Picture Show, Halloween at OranMor
- French Film Festival GFT 2019
- Africa in Motion Film Festival 2019 Glasgow
- Glasgow Wood Recycling, October Sale
- Cancer Support Scotland Christmas Fayre 2019
- ‘A Place for the Work and the Human Being’ Kelvin Hall
- Mòd 2019 CCA
- Thank Funk It’s Friday, South
- Glasgow’s Welcome University of Glasgow
- SAFR Takeover/The Primevals/The Reverse Cowgirls
- Mòd 2019: Gaelic Conversation Café Public CCA
- Black History Month Street Level Photography Temporary Hoarding Magazine and Anti-Racist Graphics
- CINE[STHESIA]: Filmichean Gàidhlig/ Gaelic Films Ghlaschu Mod 2019
- Art For Heart’s Sake, Art Fundraiser at The Store 2019
- Planting Day at North Kelvin Meadow – Come Along and Volunteer
- Scottish Queer International Film Festival 2019 Announces Full Programme
- Torchlight Parade St Andrew’s Day, WEF
- Cottiers – Bar, Restaurant, Theatre, Glasgow West End