Merchant City Festival 2018
Open 4-5 August and 9-12 August.
Merchant City Festival, back for 2018 presenting the best in Scottish and international arts and entertainment, showcasing Glasgow as a UNESCO City of Music and the unique cultural and creative hub that is Glasgow’s Merchant City.
Fabulous programme of events with street art, music, dance, design, film, comedy, carnival procession and activities for children & families alongside lively markets and a curated selection of street food.
Also returning is the Encontro Street Band Festival with a spectacular celebration of carnival and street band music, Scotland’s leading developer of street arts, Surge, presents a line up of extraordinary street theatre acts popping up for your entertainment.
This year’s Merchant City Festival runs in tangent with Festival 2018 with Glasgow’s iconic George Square in the Merchant City at the beating heart of Festival 2018.
The cultural festival runs during the Glasgow 2018 European Championships, creating a carnival atmosphere in the city.
Festival 2018 cultural programme will run throughout the Championships with programme of music, dance, circus and much more
Also check out
- Hairspray, Beatson Gin and Sing
- Glasgow South Side Wellbeing Fair
- Vinicombe Street Party 2022
- Active Travel for Whiteinch & Scotstoun
- Mansfield Park Street Festival
- Glasgow Mela 2022
- Glasgow West End – Summer Events 2022
- Performers at Glasgow Jazz Festival 2022
- Glasgow Science Festival 2022
- Aye Write: The Kavya Prize
- Particle Wave – Glasgow Science Festival 2022
- Colonial Seeds / Seedy Social / Community Meal
- Glasgow Contemporary Art Fair 2022
- Aye Write: MORE FIYA: A Celebration of Black British Poetry with Kayo Chingonyi, Janette Ayachi and Dean Atta
- 21st Anniversary of the Millennium Link – Maryhill Locks
- Aye Write 2022: Introducing Debut Authors
- Aye Write: Douglas Bruton introduces…Kenny Boyle, Claire Alexander, Adrian Keefe and Charlie Roy
- Aye Write: Karen Campbell Introduces… Kirsty Capes, Louise Nealon and Emily Edwards
- Aye Write: Matthew Keeley Introduces… Liam Konemann, Julie Owen Moylan and James Cahill
- The Great May Day Cabaret at OranMor