Festival 2018 Glasgow
2 – 12 August, 2018
Festival 2018, is the fabulous cultural programme of the Glasgow 2018 European Championships. Glasgow and areas hosting sport across Scotland will feature live music, circus, dance, theatre, visual art and much more at city-centre venues and in communities, bringing a carnival atmosphere to the 11 days of sporting action.
The Great Big Opening Party Wednesday 1 August, 2018
Launch at spectacular setting of George Square to welcome the Glasgow 2018 European Championships and our friends from across Europe to the beating heart of the city.
@Festival2018 kicks off in Aug & we’re hosting two FREE events in George Square. On Mon 6 catch @fat_suit @alisonaffleck & the Copper Cats and @TheDt6 from 6pm. On Wed 8 the Jazz Festival All Stars host an interactive children’s concert giving an insight into the history of jazz
Times Launch Party
16:00 – Roaming acts 17:45 – the Main Stage is live! 18:00 –
@TheAyoubSisters 18:45 – @mrchrisduncan 19:30 – @sacredpawsltd 20:15 – Opening Moment w. @BehindTheNoise1 21:00 – @ninanesbitt 21:45 @ElephantSession 22:15 – Fireworks!
Festival 2018 Closing Concert in partnership with Celtic Connection – 12 August
European Championships – 2 – 12 August, 2018
Tickets for Glasgow 2018 are on sale now. Don’t miss your chance to be part of history at the first ever European Championships from 2 – 12 August 2018.
Open daily throughout the Championships. Download your Venue Spectator Guide
Glasgow’s iconic George Square will be the beating heart of Festival 2018 during the 2018 European Championships, creating a carnival atmosphere through a spectacular line up that will delight all ages and put Glasgow and Scotland’s renowned creativity in the spotlight.
GO Live at the Green
The Kitchen Garden
Bring your appetite to the Kitchen Garden Food Village, bringing together a blend of fresh, local delicacies, live cooking demonstrations from top Scottish chefs, tasting sessions and healthy eating guidance.
This must-visit attraction will offer tasty foods from a range of the finest Scottish producers, as well as a variety of free drop in daily cooking demos for delicious healthy meal time inspiration.
Find out more at The Kitchen Garden.
- The Haunted Concert Hall
- Arts and Crafts Market Online
- Glasgow Science Centre Spooktacular 2020
- Hallowe’en Quiz Night with Duglus
- Loch Lomond Faerie Trail, Halloween 2020
- ‘Everything Passes Everything Remains’ Chris Dolan, Book Launch
- GFT – Coronavirus – Cinema to close temporarily from 2 November
- Celtic Connections 2021 – Online
- Being Together: Book Free Outdoor Space – Woodlands Community Garden
- Mary Irvine’s Blog: Something for Hallowe’en
- Remembering Alasdair Gray / Paradise
- Creative Conversations: Ngũgĩ wa Thiong’o
- ‘Words From Battlefield’ – Book Launch
- Reimagining Our Economy – Screening Woodlands Community
- Seven New Strawberries – Book Launch
- Poet’s Time with Jenne Gray
- The Zoom Session with Dave Arcari
- Ghost Stories from Around the World
- Africa in Motion Film Festival 2020
- Canada Now – New Canadian Cinema at GFT