Festival 2018 Glasgow
2 – 12 August, 2018
Festival 2018, is the fabulous cultural programme of the Glasgow 2018 European Championships. Glasgow and areas hosting sport across Scotland will feature live music, circus, dance, theatre, visual art and much more at city-centre venues and in communities, bringing a carnival atmosphere to the 11 days of sporting action.
The Great Big Opening Party Wednesday 1 August, 2018
Launch at spectacular setting of George Square to welcome the Glasgow 2018 European Championships and our friends from across Europe to the beating heart of the city.
@Festival2018 kicks off in Aug & we’re hosting two FREE events in George Square. On Mon 6 catch @fat_suit @alisonaffleck & the Copper Cats and @TheDt6 from 6pm. On Wed 8 the Jazz Festival All Stars host an interactive children’s concert giving an insight into the history of jazz
Times Launch Party
16:00 – Roaming acts 17:45 – the Main Stage is live! 18:00 –
@TheAyoubSisters 18:45 – @mrchrisduncan 19:30 – @sacredpawsltd 20:15 – Opening Moment w. @BehindTheNoise1 21:00 – @ninanesbitt 21:45 @ElephantSession 22:15 – Fireworks!
Festival 2018 Closing Concert in partnership with Celtic Connection – 12 August
European Championships – 2 – 12 August, 2018
Tickets for Glasgow 2018 are on sale now. Don’t miss your chance to be part of history at the first ever European Championships from 2 – 12 August 2018.
Open daily throughout the Championships. Download your Venue Spectator Guide
Glasgow’s iconic George Square will be the beating heart of Festival 2018 during the 2018 European Championships, creating a carnival atmosphere through a spectacular line up that will delight all ages and put Glasgow and Scotland’s renowned creativity in the spotlight.
GO Live at the Green
The Kitchen Garden
Bring your appetite to the Kitchen Garden Food Village, bringing together a blend of fresh, local delicacies, live cooking demonstrations from top Scottish chefs, tasting sessions and healthy eating guidance.
This must-visit attraction will offer tasty foods from a range of the finest Scottish producers, as well as a variety of free drop in daily cooking demos for delicious healthy meal time inspiration.
Find out more at The Kitchen Garden.
- Document Human Rights Film Festival 2019
- Paisley Halloween Festival 2019
- Ghost Stories from Around the World, Britannia Panopticon
- Panto-Crime, Murder Mystery at Websters with Dinner & The Logans
- Samhain: fire and jam session Halloween, North Kelvin Meadow
- Birds of Chicago The Doublet Glasgow
- Let’s Go Green Family Day Kelvin Hall
- Express Yourself Halloween Party 2019 Project Cafe
- Mary Miller, Author, on Jane Haining – a life of love and courage
- Art Exhibition at The Arlington Baths Club
- The Flying Dug Quiz Night, Glasgow
- Halloween at The Children’s Wood and Meadow 2019
- The Rocky Horror Picture Show, Halloween at OranMor
- Moogety Halloween 2019
- Scottish Writers’ Centre From bytes to bestseller with Jonathan Whitelaw
- Guttersnipe at the Old Hairdressers
- A Gift to Glasgow from New York, The Hunterian
- An Evening with Mary Irvine – ‘My Greek Love Affair’
- Monos ay GFT
- The King, GFT