Listening Party Launch – Jim Byrne’s E.P. ‘4 Country & Folk Songs’
Launch of new EP by Jim Byrne, ‘4 Country & Folk Songs’. Thursday 15 October
Jim has signed to FoxStar Records and will be releasing an EP on the 15th of October. The EP will be available on all streaming services and on Jim’s Bandcamp page. It’s always a good idea to purchase directly from the artist. 🙂
“I’ve put my heart and soul into writing and recording these songs. I’d like to thank everyone who helped me turn them into the recordings you hear on the EP. Lesley O’Brien, Robert Ruthven, Michael Clark, Lejoe Young, Brian Petry and Kurt Baumer.” Jim Byrne.
“…it feels like his soul is communicating directly with your soul.” Duglas T Stewart (BMX Bandits)
“…dives headlong into Americana territory. Magic.” Dave Acari – Touring musician & songwriter
“Holy Ghost. It’s cinematic, almost widescreen, as it boils down religious symbols, spaghetti westerns and an old fashioned love story into one great pot boiler. If Quentin Tarantino is still on the lookout for songs to put on his next pulp film, then he’d find some salvation here.” Paul Kerr, Blabber n Smoke (read the complete review)
“a great songwriter. reminds you of the greats like Johnny Cash, Leonard Cohen.” Michaela Foster Marsh, Singer & musician, finalist of Scotswoman of the Year
“an undeniably ‘classic’ sound.. same time somehow sounding like a fresh take.” Jamie Flett, folk/folk rock musician, singer songwriter
“Jim Byrne has a gift – country postmodern, postpunk song-writing.
Listen in and believe.” Linda Jackson, singer songwriter and writer
“Tell The Devil I’ve Stole His Crown Of Pain: This song could easily stand alongside Cash or Cave at their darkest. Full of insight, observation and biblical revelation. I found it absolutely riveting. A great song. “Tom Fairnie, Folk Singer Songwriter
Watch Out for Media Coverage
Gordon Sharp will be reviewing the EP for Americana UK magazine. The review will appear early November.
Being interviewed by John Jenkins on Vintage Radio Birkenhead for ‘The Thursday Americana Blues Country and Folk Show’.
Celtic StarFish will be playing one of the tracks on Wednesday (13th) 7pm GMT
Will be interviewed on CamGlen Radio by Rosalyn Mary Barclay. Date and time is still to be organised.
Rap It Out Podcast chat 27th October. “Rap It Out is a music podcast hosted by Musically where musicians, rappers, singers, songwriters, music producers, and people with musical talent comes on to give us an exclusive look into their music life and what it took to get there. ”
Kites & String Podcast on 8th November. “Kites and Strings is a podcast about creativity, living creatively and excelling in the process. Co-Hosts, Steve and Catherine are both registered art therapists and licensed clinical professional counsellors in Chicago and New York City, ”
Already been featured on John Beattie’s Drivetime, Radio Scotland and Celtic Music Radio.
Buy The E.P.
The songs will be available on all digital platforms but people can also buy directly from Jim on Bandcamp
This section: Pat's Home Page Blog, Zoom and online events
- Halloween 2021 – Spooktacular Walk, Glasgow Green
- Landscapes Without Figures, The American South West by Ian R. Mitchell
- Scottish Poetry Library: Launch Poetry London 100th edition
- Opening Party – The Landing Hub Refuweegee Fundraiser
- The Landing Hub – COP26 Fringe Event
- Feeding the City – screening and panel discussion
- Dumb Instrument with Duglas T Stewart
- COP26: The Plan That Came From The Bottom Up
- A Play, A Pie and A Pint Autumn Programme 2021
- COP26 – Glasgow’s Wee Forests
- Christmas Appeal Benefit – The Primevals
- Listening Party Launch – Jim Byrne’s E.P. ‘4 Country & Folk Songs’
- Africa in Motion Film Festival 2021
- French Film Festival UK 2021
- Lizzie Reid at King Tut’s Wah Wah Hut
- Tanna Slamma Ding Dong, Tannahill Arts Festival
- Unchained Comedy Club at McChuills
- Atlantic Slavery Glasgow ‘Hidden in Plain Sight’
- Balloch Open Mic Blog: Dora Wright
- Helen Rose Outdoors Rigging Hill, Largs.