Listening Party Launch – Jim Byrne’s E.P. ‘4 Country & Folk Songs’
Launch of new EP by Jim Byrne, ‘4 Country & Folk Songs’. Thursday 15 October
Jim has signed to FoxStar Records and will be releasing an EP on the 15th of October. The EP will be available on all streaming services and on Jim’s Bandcamp page. It’s always a good idea to purchase directly from the artist. 🙂
“I’ve put my heart and soul into writing and recording these songs. I’d like to thank everyone who helped me turn them into the recordings you hear on the EP. Lesley O’Brien, Robert Ruthven, Michael Clark, Lejoe Young, Brian Petry and Kurt Baumer.” Jim Byrne.
“…it feels like his soul is communicating directly with your soul.” Duglas T Stewart (BMX Bandits)
“…dives headlong into Americana territory. Magic.” Dave Acari – Touring musician & songwriter
“Holy Ghost. It’s cinematic, almost widescreen, as it boils down religious symbols, spaghetti westerns and an old fashioned love story into one great pot boiler. If Quentin Tarantino is still on the lookout for songs to put on his next pulp film, then he’d find some salvation here.” Paul Kerr, Blabber n Smoke (read the complete review)
“a great songwriter. reminds you of the greats like Johnny Cash, Leonard Cohen.” Michaela Foster Marsh, Singer & musician, finalist of Scotswoman of the Year
“an undeniably ‘classic’ sound.. same time somehow sounding like a fresh take.” Jamie Flett, folk/folk rock musician, singer songwriter
“Jim Byrne has a gift – country postmodern, postpunk song-writing.
Listen in and believe.” Linda Jackson, singer songwriter and writer
“Tell The Devil I’ve Stole His Crown Of Pain: This song could easily stand alongside Cash or Cave at their darkest. Full of insight, observation and biblical revelation. I found it absolutely riveting. A great song. “Tom Fairnie, Folk Singer Songwriter
Watch Out for Media Coverage
Gordon Sharp will be reviewing the EP for Americana UK magazine. The review will appear early November.
Being interviewed by John Jenkins on Vintage Radio Birkenhead for ‘The Thursday Americana Blues Country and Folk Show’.
Celtic StarFish will be playing one of the tracks on Wednesday (13th) 7pm GMT
Will be interviewed on CamGlen Radio by Rosalyn Mary Barclay. Date and time is still to be organised.
Rap It Out Podcast chat 27th October. “Rap It Out is a music podcast hosted by Musically where musicians, rappers, singers, songwriters, music producers, and people with musical talent comes on to give us an exclusive look into their music life and what it took to get there. ”
Kites & String Podcast on 8th November. “Kites and Strings is a podcast about creativity, living creatively and excelling in the process. Co-Hosts, Steve and Catherine are both registered art therapists and licensed clinical professional counsellors in Chicago and New York City, ”
Already been featured on John Beattie’s Drivetime, Radio Scotland and Celtic Music Radio.
Buy The E.P.
The songs will be available on all digital platforms but people can also buy directly from Jim on Bandcamp
This section: Pat's Home Page Blog, Zoom and online events
- Sonica Festival 2022
- Unchained Comedy Club at McChuills
- Compass Gallery: Gary Anderson RSW : Thoughts and Contemplations
- Scottish Opera Breath Cycle Programme for Long Covid Patients
- Refugee Week Conference 2022
- Kavya Prize – New Writers Prize To Celebrate Scotland’s Ethnically Diverse Communities
- Roy’s West End View: Battered Boris savaged by top Scots true blues
- People’s Palace 124th Birthday Celebration
- Wullie Davidson’s Blog: Extreme Global Weather Events of 2021
- Bob Law’s Blog: An Unusual Cross Country Ski Day in Glasgow
- Mika & Me Eyewear Glasgow
- Glasgow National Park City AGM
- G20 Young People to Climb Ben Nevis to support people affected by poverty
- Spotlight on Stress- free online masterclass
- Shaking Hands With Christmas – Brian Whittingham
- Report Launch – Tackling Food Poverty
- Sense Scotland Christmas Concert Online
- Is this ‘Black Bitch’ name ban really justified?
- Roma Night at The Rum Shack
- Mother India – Christmas Menu 2021 Set Menus