Africa in Motion Film Festival 2021
15 to 31 October, 2021
The 16th edition of Africa in Motion!
The festival will run from 15 to 31 October, with most films available for the duration of the festival. Once an audience member presses ‘play’ the film will be available for 48 hours playable directly on the Africa in Motion website after which, access to the film will expire. Most of the films in the programme are geo-blocked to the UK only.
Film strands in this year’s edition bring music, family, and identity to the fore. They explore the dynamics of intimate, beautiful relationships, the power of women-led story-telling, tender observations of familial ties, unique forms of protest, the maddening complexity of human nature, the environment, and Q&As foregrounding distinguished African talent.
Whilst initiating difficult and necessary conversations, the festival also aims to place joy and healing at the heart of their work.
Strands incude: Family Matters, Imaginarium, Great Expectations, Not Yet Uhuru, Focos on Women and Queer Africa.
Africa in Motion 2021 includes 66 premieres.
- Halloween 2021 – Spooktacular Walk, Glasgow Green
- Pumpkin v Turnip Lantern Event
- Blade – 4K GFT
- Last Night in Soho GFT
- Glasgow Hallowe’en Ghost Walk
- Hallowe’en – Spooky Kelvindale Woods
- Ice Box Halloween Gig Part 1
- Icebox Halloween Movie Night
- Hallowe’en Witch Market, Britannica Panopticon
- Landscapes Without Figures, The American South West by Ian R. Mitchell
- Scottish Poetry Library: Launch Poetry London 100th edition
- Opening Party – The Landing Hub Refuweegee Fundraiser
- The Landing Hub – COP26 Fringe Event
- Feeding the City – screening and panel discussion
- Dumb Instrument with Duglas T Stewart
- COP26 – The Sacred Forest at GFT
- COP26: The Plan That Came From The Bottom Up
- Black British Cinema – Routes of Representation
- I Am Belmaya GFT
- The End of Evangelion GFT