Leiper’s Attic, new restaurant at Cottiers, Glasgow.
Cottiers, 93 – 95 Hyndland Street, G11 5PU
Leiper’s Attic, Cottier’s new restaurant launching in Septemer, 2017, is named after William Leiper, who built the Dowanhill Church in 1865, working with Daniel Cottier, the Glaswegian artist and designer, to create this wonderful building.
The restaurant will be situated upstairs above the bar– originally the Session House, the Church’s court where the behaviour of reprobates was judged and punishment, such as suspension from the church, meted out.
It’s all set to be a more joyous place when Leiper’s Attic launches its new menu for diners to enjoy in this historical setting. With a focus on Scottish and seasonal produce, choices will include: wild fish dishes, game and the house’s special dry aged beef.
“We have dry aging fridges in the restaurant itself, where the beef will dry age in house.’ You’ll also be able to enjoy Cottier’s very own Speyside ‘Leiper’s Attic Whisky’.
Delightful choices from the menu will include:
Pheasant breast and leg with shallots, charred leeks, broccoli and Arran mustard.
Hand dived Scottish scallops with lemon, whisky, baby capers and sea herbs
Pigeon breast with puy lentils, red cabbage and smoked bacon.
Turbot with artichokes, capers and heritage carrots
Everyone at Cottiers is very excited about the launch of Leiper’s Attic – ‘the latest addition to Glasgow West End’s dining scene’.
“Scotland has some of the finest produce in the world when it comes to wild fish, game and steak – our new Head Chef, Graham Gardner and his team, will showcase this in the enticing new menu.” Andy McCartney, Cottiers Operations Director.
Leiper’s Attic, Cottiers, 93 – 95 Hyndland Street, G11 5PU
This section: Eating and drinking Glasgow West End, Scottish Restaurants
- Cottiers – Bar, Restaurant, Theatre, Glasgow West End
- Ashton Lane Stre-EAT FEST
- Mother India – Glasgow
- Mary Irvine: Review of the Sugar Boat Restaurant, Helensburgh
- Eusebi Afternoon Tea – Charity Fundraiser
- The Lansdowne – restaurant reopening
- Shucks Glasgow West End review Sarah Clare Young
- Shucks Seafood Restaurant opening in Hyndland
- Shucks Seafood Restaurant opening in Hyndland Spring 2022
- Zique – New Acid Bar Residency at SWG3
- Eusebi Italian Deli and Restaurant, Park Road, Kelvinbridge, G4
- Mother India Christmas Menu 2021
- Mother India at Home Christmas Menu 2021 – Pre-order
- Mother India at Christmas – Set Menus
- Mother India – Christmas Menu 2021 Set Menus
- Christmas Jazz and Tea, Tchai Ovna
- Feeding the City – screening and panel discussion
- Local Food at COP26 – Open Meeting
- Bungalow Cafe: Lunch Menu
- The Lansdowne Weekend Deal – review Pat Byrne