Julia Donaldson – The Gruffalo and other stories at West End Festival
22 June, 2019 at 11 a.m. and 3.00 p.m.
Introducing the new collaboration with Catherine Rayner – The Go-Away Bird.
Hunterian Museum, Gilbert Scott Building, University of Glasgow, Glasgow G12 8QQ
Tickets from Eventbrite; £5 for children, £10 for adults, £25 for family ticket. (Under twos free).
Julia Donaldson needs no introduction to children and families. Creator of the much loved children’s classic The Gruffalo which celebrates its 20th anniversary, Julia will share some of her favourite stories which may include What The Ladybird Heard, The Girl, the Bear and the Magic Shoes, The Cook and the King.
Together with award winning illustrator Catherine Rayner, Julia and Catherine will introduce their brilliant new collaboration – the unique picture book The Go-Away Bird. Join Julia Donaldson and Catherine Rayner for live stories, songs and illustrations. Not to be missed. Please note – bookshop and author/illustrator signing after each event.
Not to be missed.
Bookshop and author signing after events!
Part of West End Festival
- Let’s Go Green Family Day Kelvin Hall
- Express Yourself Halloween Party 2019 Project Cafe
- Mary Miller, Author, on Jane Haining – a life of love and courage
- Halloween at The Children’s Wood and Meadow 2019
- An Evening with Mary Irvine – ‘My Greek Love Affair’
- Creative Conversations: Abir Mukherjee – Crime Novelist
- Penetrate: Translate Reading Group: Five Measures of Expatriation by Vahni Capildeo CCA
- Book Launch: The Siren Awakes by Linda Jackson
- Woodlands Community Gardens, Storytelling Circle ‘Tell A Story’ Workshop
- Scottish Writers’ Centre Dove Tales: Dia de los Muertos
- Irene Lebeter, Meet the Author, Fruin Fam
- ‘A Place for the Work and the Human Being’ Kelvin Hall
- From Lens to Pen, Finnieston
- Creative Conversations: Robert Alan Jamieson – Shetlandic Poet and Translator
- Soft Play Area and Clip and Climb Kelvin Hall
- Sloot – it’s Oot!!! – Book Launch with Ian Macpherson
- Glasgow’s Welcome University of Glasgow
- Bearing Witness: the state of journalism and press freedom across the globe
- James McCune Smith Memorial Lecture Black History Month 2019 University of Glasgow
- Black Abolitionists in Scotland, Black History Month 2019