Julia Donaldson – The Gruffalo and other stories at West End Festival
22 June, 2019 at 11 a.m. and 3.00 p.m.
Introducing the new collaboration with Catherine Rayner – The Go-Away Bird.
Hunterian Museum, Gilbert Scott Building, University of Glasgow, Glasgow G12 8QQ
Tickets from Eventbrite; £5 for children, £10 for adults, £25 for family ticket. (Under twos free).
Julia Donaldson needs no introduction to children and families. Creator of the much loved children’s classic The Gruffalo which celebrates its 20th anniversary, Julia will share some of her favourite stories which may include What The Ladybird Heard, The Girl, the Bear and the Magic Shoes, The Cook and the King.
Together with award winning illustrator Catherine Rayner, Julia and Catherine will introduce their brilliant new collaboration – the unique picture book The Go-Away Bird. Join Julia Donaldson and Catherine Rayner for live stories, songs and illustrations. Not to be missed. Please note – bookshop and author/illustrator signing after each event.
Not to be missed.
Bookshop and author signing after events!
Part of West End Festival
- West End Festival 2021
- Big Tunes at the Bandstand – Kelvingrove, Glasgow
- Poetry Launch Party – Jim Ferguson and Kirsty Taylor
- Lin Anderson on Bloody Scotland 2021
- Bernard Maclaverty Creative Conversations
- Creative Conversations, University of Glasgow
- Autumn Creative Writing Courses – Dr Tawnya Selene Renelle
- Parents and Toddlers Outside, Woodside Garden, Maryhill
- Magi Gibson – Audacious Women Festival
- Bat Walk, Glasgow Green
- The Insect Embassy, Victoria Park
- Walking and Writing in the Botanics with Gerry Loose
- Walking and Writing with Lesley O’Brien, Glasgow Green
- Glasgow Youth Film Festival 2021 – Programme Announced
- Clydeside Creative Cafe – Out and About in Clydebank
- Balloch Open Mic returns to Balloch House Hotel
- Poets’ Time, Book Launch
- Book Festival – Govanhill International Festival 2021
- ‘There’s a Problem with Dad’ by Carlos Alba
- The Girl, The Crow, The Writer And The Fighter – Debut Novel by George Paterson