Joint Book Launch: Tracy Patrick and Fiona Lindsay
Friday 4 October, 2019, 6 – 8 p.m.
The event is a co-launch, ‘Blushing is for Sinners’ by Tracy Patrick
‘Do Not Disturb’ by Fiona Lindsay.
An evening of readings, music and literary entertainment in the bonnie environs of Paisley.
‘Blushing is for Sinners’ Clochoderick Press, (2019) by Tracy Patrick
Paisley mill worker, Jean McParland, longs for a better future for her and daughter, Ava. When old flame, Billy, is released from prison, she embarks on a course of action that will have disastrous results. Fifty years later, Ava is a Canadian citizen. Struggling to cope with her husband’s corruption scandal and her volatile son, Scott, she uncovers a chain of events that ultimately leads her back to the town of her birth.
‘This is a very accomplished page-turning debut’ The Herald.
Do Not Disturb by Fiona Lindsay Clochoderick Press, (2019)
A sequel to Fiona’s book The Consolation Prize, Do Not Disturb is again set in the fictional Highland village, Kirklochy. Some of the original characters are retained with you’ll also meet some that are new. It is part of a rom-com trilogy.
This section: Books, Talks, Poetry and Creative Writing Events
Filed under: Books, Talks, Poetry and Creative Writing Events
- Poetry Launch Party – Jim Ferguson and Kirsty Taylor
- Lin Anderson on Bloody Scotland 2021
- Bernard Maclaverty Creative Conversations
- Creative Conversations, University of Glasgow
- Autumn Creative Writing Courses – Dr Tawnya Selene Renelle
- Magi Gibson – Audacious Women Festival
- Walking and Writing in the Botanics with Gerry Loose
- Walking and Writing with Lesley O’Brien, Glasgow Green
- Balloch Open Mic returns to Balloch House Hotel
- Poets’ Time, Book Launch
- Book Festival – Govanhill International Festival 2021
- ‘There’s a Problem with Dad’ by Carlos Alba
- The Girl, The Crow, The Writer And The Fighter – Debut Novel by George Paterson
- Govanhill International Festival 2021
- Scribblers Union Digital Gig Series
- Bloody Scotland – Crime Debut of the Year 2021
- Brian Whittingham – Writing Walks in Kelvingrove
- Three Lockdown Poets at Avant Garde
- Independent Bookshop Week 2021
- Tell it slant, Glasgow: Book Launch: A Bird Is Not A Stone.