Glasgow’s Stained Glass: Colour & Light Exhibition Launch, Glasgow City Heritage Trust, 12th December 2014, 4pm
Glasgow’s Stained Glass: Colour & Light
Exhibition Launch, Glasgow City Heritage Trust
12th December 2014, 4pm
54 Bell Street, Merchant City
Stained Glass Project Officer: Rachael Purse MA (Hons), MSc
In September an ambitious three month project began to create an online database of Glasgow’s stained glass in conjunction with the Scottish Stained Glass Trust and RCAHMS. To celebrate the culmination of this project, Rachael has curated a mixed-medium exhibition which seeks to reveal some of the windows recorded on the SCRAN database. This project is hoped to be the beginning of a much greater task, cataloguing all of Scotland’s stained glass. From abstract designs to biblical scenes, stained glass is a compelling and diverse medium, and we hope to promote this aspect of Glasgow’s social and architectural history.
Drinks and nibbles will be available.
Please RSVP before the 8th of December.
To Book: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0141 552 1331.
This section: Art, Photography, Exhibitions what's on-glasgow
Filed under: Art, Photography, Exhibitions what's on-glasgow
- The Glasgow Guild Talks 2019
- Spanish Civil War Collections The Mitchell Library
- Sarah Kudirka Open Studio The Hidden Lane
- ‘Creatures as Natural Hunters’ Damian Henry Glasgow Print Studio
- Glasgow Museums – Great Big Heritage Bus Tour
- Spirit of Revolt, Show and Tell – Workers City, The Mitchell
- Glasgow Then and Now at The Mitchell Library
- Ilana Halperin: Minerals of New York, The Hunterian
- Linda McCartney Retrospective at Kelvingrove Art Gallery
- Glasgow School of Art Graduate Degree Show 2019
- Trees v Capitalism by Maggie Kelly at Woodland Community Workspace
- Govanhill: Portrait of a Community review Pat Byrne
- Young Talent, ProjectAbility
- Living in the Magic Garden, Cafe Gandolfi, Merchant City Glasgow
- Freed Spirit : The Paintings of Maria Spadoni (1928 – 2014) RGI
- Series of Creative Writing Masterclasses
- Mind and Draw Live Music and Poetry Art Sessions at WEvolution
- Have A Go – Calligraphy at The Mitchell Library
- Some things want to run V/DA | Sonic Séance: The Gathering CCA
- Anderson Gerard Exhibition at Offshore Cafe Glasgow