Glasgow’s Stained Glass: Colour & Light Exhibition Launch, Glasgow City Heritage Trust, 12th December 2014, 4pm
Glasgow’s Stained Glass: Colour & Light
Exhibition Launch, Glasgow City Heritage Trust
12th December 2014, 4pm
54 Bell Street, Merchant City
Stained Glass Project Officer: Rachael Purse MA (Hons), MSc
In September an ambitious three month project began to create an online database of Glasgow’s stained glass in conjunction with the Scottish Stained Glass Trust and RCAHMS. To celebrate the culmination of this project, Rachael has curated a mixed-medium exhibition which seeks to reveal some of the windows recorded on the SCRAN database. This project is hoped to be the beginning of a much greater task, cataloguing all of Scotland’s stained glass. From abstract designs to biblical scenes, stained glass is a compelling and diverse medium, and we hope to promote this aspect of Glasgow’s social and architectural history.
Drinks and nibbles will be available.
Please RSVP before the 8th of December.
To Book: email@example.com or call 0141 552 1331.
This section: Art, Photography, Exhibitions what's on-glasgow
Filed under: Art, Photography, Exhibitions what's on-glasgow
- Curatorial Tour: Glasgow and Slavery, People’s Palace
- A Day Of Fun Inspired by John Byrne
- Alasdair Gray’s Lanark: A World Made on Paper – The Hunterian
- ‘Workaround’ – Charlie Hammond at The Hunterian
- Artist Aid Ukraine – The Pentagon, Glasgow
- Exhibition: Origin of WA – Before the Mask
- John Patrick Byrne – A Big Adventure
- Glasgow Contemporary Art Fair 2022 review Pat Byrne
- Alma Wolfson – ‘A Painter’s Passion’
- Making Imagined Objects – The Second Alasdair Gray Conference
- Fragments, Fragmentation and Fractures, RGI
- ‘Faces of Kabul’ – Kelvingrove Art Gallery
- Ataraxie at Sonica Festival
- Still Life – Sogo Gallery, Glasgow
- Sonica Glasgow 2022 – Art for the Visually Minded
- Glasgow Society of Women Artists, Lillie Gallery Spring 2022
- Compass Gallery: Gary Anderson RSW : Thoughts and Contemplations
- The Sea of Paperwork Exhibition – Maryhill Integration Network
- Sonica Festival 2022
- George Wylie Centenary Exhibition