Project Ability Silent Auction, Saturday, December 13, 2014
Project Ability Silent Auction
Saturday, December 13, 2014
6:00pm – 9:00pm
Project Ability, Trongate 103, G1 5HD Glasgow, United Kingdom
Project Ability will end the year with a bang! We are holding an event not to be missed on Saturday 13 December, 6pm-9pm: our Christmas Fundraising Auction.
For two weeks, begining on the Saturday 29th November, we will exhibit the works of established and emerging Glasgow based artists alongside works by artists who attend our workshops.
There has been a lot of discussion lately about Outsider Art, what it means to be an Outsider Artist? This exhibition aims to blur the lines between what is considered ‘Insider’ and ‘Outsider’ Art. Each piece of work donated will be on sale in a silent auction, with a starting price of £30 as a nod to our 30 years of existence.
Members of the public will be invited to bid on pieces of work they like without knowing who the artist is, thus rendering Outsider or Insider Art labels irrelevant. We will also publicise the artists’ names next to their work once the event is over, both on our website and social networking platforms. It will also be possible to bid online on Friday 12th December (more info soon).
We have had an amazing response from the artists we have contacted, and are extremely thankful to everybody who donated a piece. All the money raised will go to our ReConnect programme for adults with lived experience of mental ill health and will help us provide more opportunities and a rich programme of workshops, exhibitions and events to further realise and support the role of the arts in mental ill health recovery.
Participating artists include Alan Moore, Alan Straiton, Alex Frost, Andrew Boyle, Anna Campbell, Calum Stirling, Celine Mcilmunn, Charlie Hammond, Claire Barclay, Conor Kelly, Consuelo Servan, David Bradley, David Shrigley, Doreen Kay, Douglas Morland, Duncan Gray, Erica Eyres, Fran Gordon, Fraser Ross, Garnet McCulloch, Gerard Deighan, Gregor Wright, Harris Burnett, Helen De Main, Hirofumi Suda, Jason Pyper Davis, Jemima Densey-Wright, Jim Lambie, John Fitzpatrick, Kari Stewart, Kirsty Palmer, Laura Aldridge, Lauren Gault, Lauren Printy Currie, Leanora Brophy, Lewis Scott, Lotte Gertz, Margaret McGovern, Mhairi Macdonald, Michael Earll, Michael White, Morag McGilchrist, Niall Macdonald, Nick Evans, Nicola Atkinson, Nicola Henderson, Patrick Butterworth, Pauline Jackson, Peter Stewart, Phoebe Barnicoat, Rachel Hook, Ross Agnew, Ruth Barker, Ruth Mutch, Sally Hackett, Sammi Penrice, Sarah Grant, Scott Smith, Shireen Taylor, Simon McAuley, Steven Reilly, Tom Varley, Tommy Kemp, Tracy Gorman.
- Ghost Signs Glasgow Exhibition Tour
- Anna H. Geerdes – Borderline Exhibition
- Winnie Herbstein – Dampbusters at CCA
- Brian Whittingham – Writing Walks in Kelvingrove
- Lifting The Lid on Whistler at the Hunterian
- Willie Sutherland – Evolution of Wa at CCA
- Glasgow School of Art Digital Showcase 2021
- A Spotlight on Jack Knox – Compass Gallery
- The Hunterian: Jimmy Robert: Tobacco Flower
- 100 Years of the Barras Photography Exhibition
- Contemporary Quilt Group, The Auld Kirk
- ProjectAbility – Online Exhibition ‘Altered Space’
- SWG3 Opens New Gallery – Yard Life
- Joan Eardley Centenary – Writers Celebrate her work
- The Joan Eardley Centenary Celebration
- At Home Artist’s Talk: GOMA
- The Dance of the Lunar Creatrix – Marianne Wilson
- Greenpeace – Kelvin Way’s Low-Traffic Neighbourhood
- Winter Art Club for Kids – Paper Bag Portraits
- Glasgow Greenpeace – Kelvin Way Valentine’s Day