Gibson Street Gala, West End Festival, Sunday 1st June, 2014
Gibson Street Gala
Sunday 1st June, 2014 12 – 6 p.m.
Come along and join in one of the best-loved events at the West End Festival. This year, opening up the festival, join us as thousands of locals and visitors descend on this village-like area to eat, drink, sit, stroll, listen, browse the stalls and be entertained by a range of performers and family entertainers. Visit the back court at GOW, see Otago Lane and walk along the River Kelvin.
Events this year include:
(Full details: gibsonstgala.co.uk/)
St Silas Community Choir
St Silas of course plays a large part in the Gala every year and this year it’s very own Community Choir will be singing loud for visitors to the Community Stage.
Glasgow Music Theatre
Glasgow Music Theatre has been around since 2009 entertaining audiences with their versions of shows such as West Side Story, Little Shop of Horrors and Fame.
Who Stares at Satellites
Who stares at satellites blend folk-influenced song-writing with the sound of classic rock and have been influenced by artists like Bright Eyes, Led Zeppelin, and Bob Dylan.
DanceHQ Dance Workshops
Based at Glasgow Greet, DanceHQ offers dance classes in a range of styles and at this year’s Gala will be running a series of dance workshops for visitors.
ArtFusion Creative Area
On Otago Street look out for artists from ArtFusion who will have an exciting creative area with lots of children’s activities to keep the children stimulated throughout the day.
Your children could try their hand at puppet making, kite making, cardboard sculptures, clay modelling, graffiti art and more. Take a look at the timetable below.
- 12-1pm Origami making, cardboard sculpture & kite making
- 1-2pm Origami making, henna tattoos, recycled crafts & furniture making
- 2-3pm Multicultural stick puppets, henna tattoos, recycled crafts & furniture making
- 3-4pm Multicultural stick puppets, cardboard sculpture & kite making
- 4-5pm Jewellery making, cardboard sculpture & shadow puppet making
- 5-6pm Jewellery making & shadow puppet making
This section: West End Festival 2014
Filed under: West End Festival 2014
- Natural Resistance CCA Wed 18 May 2016
- My Skinny Sister 5 – 7 January, 2015 GFT
- Raintown and Guests C C Music Otago Street, 14 June, 2015
- 20th West End Festival launches with celeb support and biggest line-up yet
- The Children’s Wood, Great Food Festival and Gala, 7 June, 2015
- West End Festival: All over for another year
- West End Festival Closing Event at Kelvingrove Bandstand Sunday 29th June
- Cottiers Dance Project, 26 June, 2014
- Mary Ann Kennedy, Lorne Macdougall and Finlay Wells Kelvinside Hillhead Church Friday 27 June
- Terry Neason: Celtic Kisses, Slaps ‘n’ Tickles, OranMor, Thu 26th Of Jun 2014
- Queen Margaret Drive Gala West End Festival 28 and 29 June
- St Louis Wee Literary Festival, Crime Night, Alex Gray Wed 25 June
- Final Week West End Festival 2014
- Comedy, Cocktails & Canapes Oran Mor 25th June
- Allotments Open Day, West End Festival 2014
- West End Festival: Literary Event, Partners in Crime at Cottiers 29 June
- Bring Your Own Seat Cinema: Chariots of Fire, University of Glasgow, Saturday 28 Jun 9:30pm
- A West End Festival Wander, June 2014
- West End Festival: Spotlight on Cinemas, Partick Library 17 June 6.30 p.m.
- The Cottier Chamber Project Bite-Sized Bach Alison McGillivray Hunterian Art Gallery 16 Jun 1.10 p.m.