Future News: Conference for young people from across the Commonwealth
Bringing together young people from across the Commonwealth.
The Aye Write! Future News International Young Journalists’ Conference
14-16 April 2014.
Part of the Glasgow 2014 Cultural Programme, starting 100 days before the Commonwealth Games begins.
The conference will bring together up to 300 young people aged between 16-19 years old from over 14 countries including Jamaica, Malaysia, Mauritius, Mozambique, Pakistan, Sierra Leone, South Africa, Trinidad and Tobago, Zambia and the UK Home Nations will take part in the conference which will be held at the city’s Mitchell Library. Other countries are expected to be confirmed shortly.
Participants will enjoy master-classes from some of the world’s leading journalists on a range of subjects, from themes such as press freedom and ethical reporting, to practical subjects such as technical skills and research, investigating features, and using digital technology and social media to report on stories.
During the Commonwealth Games, beginning on 23 July, the Mitchell Library will then become the base for a Live Games Newsroom, which will see 40 aspiring journalists from Glasgow working on Games-related stories and compiling and editing reports. Their work will be uploaded and will be accessible to young people from across the Commonwealth who will edit, interpret and produce content for their local audiences.
This section: Aye Write! Glasgow's Book Festival 2014, Kids and young people
- Science on the Sofa – Activities for Kids
- Fly your flag in Woodlands!
- Window Wanderland – Windows of Wonder Glasgow
- Govanhill International Festival 2020
- Edinburgh Book Festival Julia Donaldson, Axel Scheffler and Nick Sharratt
- SEE YOU IN 10 YEARS WRITING COMPETITION for Teenagers
- G20 Festival Safe Play for Children Under 11
- Anna (Young Adults Book) by Laura Guthrie
- Do You Remember Marseilles Charity Single
- Glasgow Youth Film Festival – Top Documentary Picks for Young People
- G20 Festival – U Fix It Cafe and Clothes Swop
- Take 2: Spies in Disguise, GFT
- Campire Club Rousing Rebels, Paisley
- Learn Gaelic – Family Fun Session at NLS Kelvinhall
- Switch Off – Centre for Confidence and Wellbeing
- Glasgow Libraries Christmas Reading Challenge for Kids
- Christmas Play in a Day, for kids Hillhead Library
- Are We In A Book – book launch The Dram
- Take 2: Miniscule Adventure GFT
- G20 and The Children’s Wood Christmas Fair