Future News: Conference for young people from across the Commonwealth
Bringing together young people from across the Commonwealth.
The Aye Write! Future News International Young Journalists’ Conference
14-16 April 2014.
Part of the Glasgow 2014 Cultural Programme, starting 100 days before the Commonwealth Games begins.
The conference will bring together up to 300 young people aged between 16-19 years old from over 14 countries including Jamaica, Malaysia, Mauritius, Mozambique, Pakistan, Sierra Leone, South Africa, Trinidad and Tobago, Zambia and the UK Home Nations will take part in the conference which will be held at the city’s Mitchell Library. Other countries are expected to be confirmed shortly.
Participants will enjoy master-classes from some of the world’s leading journalists on a range of subjects, from themes such as press freedom and ethical reporting, to practical subjects such as technical skills and research, investigating features, and using digital technology and social media to report on stories.
During the Commonwealth Games, beginning on 23 July, the Mitchell Library will then become the base for a Live Games Newsroom, which will see 40 aspiring journalists from Glasgow working on Games-related stories and compiling and editing reports. Their work will be uploaded and will be accessible to young people from across the Commonwealth who will edit, interpret and produce content for their local audiences.
This section: Aye Write! Glasgow's Book Festival 2014, Kids and young people
- Switch Off – Centre for Confidence and Wellbeing
- Take 2: Miniscule Adventure GFT
- Glasgow Libraries Christmas Reading Challenge for Kids
- G20 and The Children’s Wood Christmas Fair
- Let’s Go Green Family Day Kelvin Hall
- Halloween at The Children’s Wood and Meadow 2019
- Soft Play Area and Clip and Climb Kelvin Hall
- Take 2: Charming
- Glasgow Youth Film Festival 2019
- Careers in Film – Glasgow Youth Film Festival
- G20 Festival GBX Fundraiser
- Bowled Over, Partickhill Bowling and Community Club
- Pinolino Puppet Show and Story Telling
- Princess Mononoke at Studio Ghibli Season GFT
- G20 Youth Festival – Raising Funds
- Back to the future: 1979-1989 Film Screenings at Kelvin Hall
- The Magic Circus, Websters Theatre
- Wizard’s World Tours, KelvinHall
- Outdoor Art Film, Eglantine, North Kelvin Meadow Glasgow
- Julia Donaldson – The Gruffalo and other stories at West End Festival