FailBetter at McChuills Punk. Poems. Rivers. Flowing. Thurs, Sept 24, 2015
Punk. Poems. Rivers. Flowing.
Thursday, September 24, 2015
FailBetter at McChuills
PETROL GIRLS: Raging feminist hardcore from South East London. A spiky bundle of conkers ripening in the autumn wind, dripping spit and righteousness.
TYPESETTERS: Coarse punk-shoegaze from Chicago, Illinois. A dribbly mouthful of wasps and pumpkin seeds, spluttering oaths and cuddling apple trees.
ANY LAST WORDS: New screamo-spoken word fusion from Glasgow. A shivering set of strays letting their tongues roll up and down, creating the sound of wisdom.
PLUS POETS TO BE ANNOUNCED VERY SHORTLY…
8PM // Thursday 24th September // McChuills
FREE ENTRY! Donations for the acts very welcome.
40 High Street, Glasgow G1 1NL
This section: Books, Talks, Poetry Events, Gig Guide plus Club Events
- An Evening with Mary Irvine – ‘My Greek Love Affair’
- One Night at The Disco, Riverside Museum
- Creative Conversations: Abir Mukherjee – Crime Novelist
- Penetrate: Translate Reading Group: Five Measures of Expatriation by Vahni Capildeo CCA
- The Long Ryders at OranMor
- Book Launch: The Siren Awakes by Linda Jackson
- Woodlands Community Gardens, Storytelling Circle ‘Tell A Story’ Workshop
- Scottish Writers’ Centre Dove Tales: Dia de los Muertos
- Maria Doyle Kennedy, Cottiers
- Hang Massive at OranMor, Glasgow
- Irene Lebeter, Meet the Author, Fruin Fam
- ‘A Place for the Work and the Human Being’ Kelvin Hall
- From Lens to Pen, Finnieston
- Creative Conversations: Robert Alan Jamieson – Shetlandic Poet and Translator
- Thank Funk It’s Friday, South
- Sloot – it’s Oot!!! – Book Launch with Ian Macpherson
- Glasgow’s Welcome University of Glasgow
- Bearing Witness: the state of journalism and press freedom across the globe
- SAFR Takeover/The Primevals/The Reverse Cowgirls
- James McCune Smith Memorial Lecture Black History Month 2019 University of Glasgow