Disability Led Creative Movement CCA Oct/Dec 2018
From Sunday 28 October – 2 p.m.
CCA, 350 Sauchiehall Street, Glasgow G2 3JD
The 3 Elements of Difference is an experimental dance practice exploring improvised creative movement through sensation and imagery with disabled and non-disabled dancers.
Through a series of different tasks the sessions give time to explore the sensation of moving, how it feels… Dropping any need to move in a particular way.
The 3 Elements are:
– How we feel, giving time to connect to our own bodies
– How we observe and witness others’ creative movements
– How we connect and move with each other
The 3 elements are not designed to push our bodies, rather the sessions give time to notice and become interested in our different ways of moving, to become aware of details, create unfinished lines and explore movement without functionality, movements which feel creative.
Accessibility is key to the sessions. Exploring differences is the priority. Actively welcome opening up what accessibility is, for all people to feel and move creatively.
The session are open to all
This section: Classes and Workshops, Dance
- Autumn Creative Writing Courses – Dr Tawnya Selene Renelle
- Walking and Writing in the Botanics with Gerry Loose
- Walking and Writing with Lesley O’Brien, Glasgow Green
- Clydeside Creative Cafe – Out and About in Clydebank
- Websters Youth Theatre Summer School
- Brian Whittingham – Writing Walks in Kelvingrove
- Joy Dunlop – Gaelic Live Online Concert and Ceilidh
- Hillhead Summer Arts Academy 2021
- Composting and food waste reduction workshop
- Aye Write 2021 – Kicking Off This Weekend
- Aye Write 2021 Creative Writing
- Beginners Bird I.D.
- Wellbeing for Artists Working in Older People’s Care
- Celebrate Your Story – Workshop with Samina Chaudry
- Writing for Wellbeing Workshops
- Poetry and Creative Writing Classes (Spring 2021) with Linda Jackson
- Winter Art Club for Kids – Paper Bag Portraits
- James McAvoy Edinburgh Youth Theatre – Masterclass
- How Does It Feel To Be Loved – Virtual Dance Party
- Online Dance Club LGBTI Plus Elders – National Theatre of Scotland