Disability Led Creative Movement CCA Oct/Dec 2018
From Sunday 28 October – 2 p.m.
CCA, 350 Sauchiehall Street, Glasgow G2 3JD
The 3 Elements of Difference is an experimental dance practice exploring improvised creative movement through sensation and imagery with disabled and non-disabled dancers.
Through a series of different tasks the sessions give time to explore the sensation of moving, how it feels… Dropping any need to move in a particular way.
The 3 Elements are:
– How we feel, giving time to connect to our own bodies
– How we observe and witness others’ creative movements
– How we connect and move with each other
The 3 elements are not designed to push our bodies, rather the sessions give time to notice and become interested in our different ways of moving, to become aware of details, create unfinished lines and explore movement without functionality, movements which feel creative.
Accessibility is key to the sessions. Exploring differences is the priority. Actively welcome opening up what accessibility is, for all people to feel and move creatively.
The session are open to all
This section: Classes and Workshops, Dance
- Careers in Film – Glasgow Youth Film Festival
- Stone Carving Workshop Glasgow
- Soul Bowl, Partickhill Bowling and Community Club
- Love to Learn Open Day Glasgow Clyde College
- Series of Creative Writing Masterclasses
- Mind and Draw Live Music and Poetry Art Sessions at WEvolution
- University of Glasgow Short Courses Open Evening 2019
- Gypsy Music Short Course
- Young at Heart Dance for Over 50s
- Cuba Libre, Cottiers
- 4th of July Maker’s Mark Hoedown at Websters
- Have A Go – Calligraphy at The Mitchell Library
- Scalarama Press/Marketing and Design
- Some things want to run V/DA | Sonic Séance: The Gathering CCA
- An Afternoon of Fiction, Poetry and Performance
- The Glasgow Mela 2019
- Ceilidh Dances at Cottiers, West End Festival 2019
- The Tennessee Hotshots at Websters Playhouse
- Glasgow Roma Traveller Celebration CCA
- Seeds of Thought – Creative Writing