Disability Led Creative Movement CCA Oct/Dec 2018
From Sunday 28 October – 2 p.m.
CCA, 350 Sauchiehall Street, Glasgow G2 3JD
The 3 Elements of Difference is an experimental dance practice exploring improvised creative movement through sensation and imagery with disabled and non-disabled dancers.
Through a series of different tasks the sessions give time to explore the sensation of moving, how it feels… Dropping any need to move in a particular way.
The 3 Elements are:
– How we feel, giving time to connect to our own bodies
– How we observe and witness others’ creative movements
– How we connect and move with each other
The 3 elements are not designed to push our bodies, rather the sessions give time to notice and become interested in our different ways of moving, to become aware of details, create unfinished lines and explore movement without functionality, movements which feel creative.
Accessibility is key to the sessions. Exploring differences is the priority. Actively welcome opening up what accessibility is, for all people to feel and move creatively.
The session are open to all
This section: Classes and Workshops, Dance
- The Poets’ Time – weekly meetings with Linda Jackson on Zoom
- Woodlands Community – Free Zoom Meditation and Discussion
- Compañía Maria “la Serrana” Santuario, Cottiers, Glasgow
- EVENT CANCELLED Cheeky Besom Productions – ‘Artists With Attitude’ Presents Linda Jackson
- The Writing of Janet Paisley course with Linda Jackson
- Dardishi Festival at CCA
- The Muse at the Playhouse with Linda Jaxson
- Living Rent Writers’ Circle
- Thank Funk It’s Valentine’s Day
- Cuba Libre Valentine’s Day Fiesta at Cottiers
- The Workers Theatre Festival
- Discover Family History at Kelvinhall
- Learn Gaelic – Family Fun Session at NLS Kelvinhall
- Burns Night Ceilidh, Stereo
- Winter Tree Identification Workshop
- Waxing Lyrical: The Power of the Printed Cloth in Africa
- Mòd 2019 National Theatre of Scotland – Rocket Post screening + family drama workshop
- Woodlands Community Gardens, Storytelling Circle ‘Tell A Story’ Workshop
- 48 Hours Film Project Part 1 GFT
- Mòd 2019: Gaelic Conversation Café Public CCA