Choreography – The Simpson Board Training hosted by Indepen-dance
20 November, 2018, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Pearce Institute, 840 – 860 Govan Road, Glasgow G51 3UU
Lisa Simpson is a choreographer, workshop leader and Director of Lisa Simpson Inclusive Dance.
As a non-verbal communicator with quadriplegic cerebral palsy, Lisa creates dance work using a choreography tool called The Simpson Board. This is a priceless and highly effective tool, which is an accessible and valuable method of dance making for all artists with and without disabilities.
This workshop will introduce dancers to the principles of The Simpson Board practice and provide opportunities for everyone to realise their own creative vision using a Simpson Board.
This section: Classes and Workshops, Dance
- Autumn Creative Writing Courses – Dr Tawnya Selene Renelle
- Walking and Writing in the Botanics with Gerry Loose
- Walking and Writing with Lesley O’Brien, Glasgow Green
- Clydeside Creative Cafe – Out and About in Clydebank
- Websters Youth Theatre Summer School
- Brian Whittingham – Writing Walks in Kelvingrove
- Joy Dunlop – Gaelic Live Online Concert and Ceilidh
- Hillhead Summer Arts Academy 2021
- Composting and food waste reduction workshop
- Aye Write 2021 – Kicking Off This Weekend
- Aye Write 2021 Creative Writing
- Beginners Bird I.D.
- Wellbeing for Artists Working in Older People’s Care
- Celebrate Your Story – Workshop with Samina Chaudry
- Writing for Wellbeing Workshops
- Poetry and Creative Writing Classes (Spring 2021) with Linda Jackson
- Winter Art Club for Kids – Paper Bag Portraits
- James McAvoy Edinburgh Youth Theatre – Masterclass
- How Does It Feel To Be Loved – Virtual Dance Party
- Online Dance Club LGBTI Plus Elders – National Theatre of Scotland