Choreography – The Simpson Board Training hosted by Indepen-dance
20 November, 2018, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Pearce Institute, 840 – 860 Govan Road, Glasgow G51 3UU
Lisa Simpson is a choreographer, workshop leader and Director of Lisa Simpson Inclusive Dance.
As a non-verbal communicator with quadriplegic cerebral palsy, Lisa creates dance work using a choreography tool called The Simpson Board. This is a priceless and highly effective tool, which is an accessible and valuable method of dance making for all artists with and without disabilities.
This workshop will introduce dancers to the principles of The Simpson Board practice and provide opportunities for everyone to realise their own creative vision using a Simpson Board.
This section: Classes and Workshops, Dance
- Woodlands Community Gardens, Storytelling Circle ‘Tell A Story’ Workshop
- 48 Hours Film Project Part 1 GFT
- Mòd 2019 National Theatre of Scotland – Rocket Post screening + family drama workshop
- Mòd 2019: Gaelic Conversation Café Public CCA
- Careers in Film – Glasgow Youth Film Festival
- Stone Carving Workshop Glasgow
- Soul Bowl, Partickhill Bowling and Community Club
- Love to Learn Open Day Glasgow Clyde College
- Series of Creative Writing Masterclasses
- Mind and Draw Live Music and Poetry Art Sessions at WEvolution
- University of Glasgow Short Courses Open Evening 2019
- Gypsy Music Short Course
- Young at Heart Dance for Over 50s
- Cuba Libre, Cottiers
- 4th of July Maker’s Mark Hoedown at Websters
- Have A Go – Calligraphy at The Mitchell Library
- Scalarama Press/Marketing and Design
- Some things want to run V/DA | Sonic Séance: The Gathering CCA
- An Afternoon of Fiction, Poetry and Performance
- The Glasgow Mela 2019