Choreography – The Simpson Board Training hosted by Indepen-dance
20 November, 2018, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Pearce Institute, 840 – 860 Govan Road, Glasgow G51 3UU
Lisa Simpson is a choreographer, workshop leader and Director of Lisa Simpson Inclusive Dance.
As a non-verbal communicator with quadriplegic cerebral palsy, Lisa creates dance work using a choreography tool called The Simpson Board. This is a priceless and highly effective tool, which is an accessible and valuable method of dance making for all artists with and without disabilities.
This workshop will introduce dancers to the principles of The Simpson Board practice and provide opportunities for everyone to realise their own creative vision using a Simpson Board.
This section: Classes and Workshops, Dance
- Vegan Cookery Workshop
- Art in Nature: Make a Mandala
- Sleep Workshops Woodlands Community
- Summer Art Sessions Woodlands Community
- Outdoor Activities Woodlands Community
- Creative Pollination: Exploration and Creative Writing Woodlands Community
- The Poets’ Time – weekly meetings with Linda Jackson on Zoom
- LGBTI Elders Online Social Dance Club
- Learn How To Use Moving Image Archive, National Library of Scotland
- Historic Significance of Ellisland Farm, Centre for Robert Burns
- Woodlands Community – Free Zoom Meditation and Discussion
- Compañía Maria “la Serrana” Santuario, Cottiers, Glasgow
- EVENT CANCELLED Cheeky Besom Productions – ‘Artists With Attitude’ Presents Linda Jackson
- The Writing of Janet Paisley course with Linda Jackson
- Dardishi Festival at CCA
- The Muse at the Playhouse with Linda Jaxson
- Living Rent Writers’ Circle
- Thank Funk It’s Valentine’s Day
- Cuba Libre Valentine’s Day Fiesta at Cottiers
- The Workers Theatre Festival