Choreography – The Simpson Board Training hosted by Indepen-dance
20 November, 2018, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Pearce Institute, 840 – 860 Govan Road, Glasgow G51 3UU
Lisa Simpson is a choreographer, workshop leader and Director of Lisa Simpson Inclusive Dance.
As a non-verbal communicator with quadriplegic cerebral palsy, Lisa creates dance work using a choreography tool called The Simpson Board. This is a priceless and highly effective tool, which is an accessible and valuable method of dance making for all artists with and without disabilities.
This workshop will introduce dancers to the principles of The Simpson Board practice and provide opportunities for everyone to realise their own creative vision using a Simpson Board.
This section: Classes and Workshops, Dance
- Lapidus Creative Writing with Lesley O’Brien
- Mansfield Park Street Festival
- Glasgow West End – Summer Events 2022
- Earth Day 2022 at Music Broth
- Street Cones – Recovering Voices Online Course
- Festival of Fitness in support of Ukraine
- Acting Up – Drama Workshops for Children and Young People
- Beginners Stained Glass Evening Course Glasgow
- Spotlight on Stress- free online masterclass
- Beyond Form Creative Writing Courses
- Interfaith Food Justice: Winter Networking Event
- COP26: Eco Echoes, Tinderbox Collective: Write Songs and Make Games
- Artivismo Pintando Murales Derribamos Muros – Digital Exhibition Launch
- Lego Build The Change – University of Strathclyde
- Cottiers Theatre: The Art of Class
- Autumn Creative Writing Courses – Dr Tawnya Selene Renelle
- Walking and Writing in the Botanics with Gerry Loose
- Walking and Writing with Lesley O’Brien, Glasgow Green
- Clydeside Creative Cafe – Out and About in Clydebank
- Websters Youth Theatre Summer School