Creative Conversations: Lisa Robertson
Monday 22 March 2021, 1 p.m.
In conversation with Elizabeth Reeder
Hosted by Creative Writing College of Arts, University of Glasgow
On Zoom – Register for Event You will be sent the link to attend the meeting.
About Lisa Robertson
Lisa Robertson is a poet and essayist whose books include XEclogue (1993); Debbie: An Epic (1997), nominated for a Governor General’s Award; The Weather (2001), which Robertson wrote during her Judith E. Wilson fellowship at Cambridge University; The Men (2006); R’s Boat (2010), Nilling (2012), 3 Summers (2016), Cinema of the Present (2014) and The Baudelaire Fractal (2020). Her architectural essays are collected in Occasional Works and Seven Walks from the Office for Soft Architecture (revised ed. 2010). In 2005 she was awarded the PIP Gertrude Stein Awards for Innovative Poetry in English.
Robertson has taught at the University of California-San Diego, Capilano College, Dartington College of Art, the California College of Art, and the University of Cambridge.
Creative Conversations is programmed by the University of Glasgow Creative Writing Programme and funded by the Ferguson Bequest. Professor Thomas Ferguson (1900-1977), Henry Mechan Chair of Public Health (1944-64), bequeathed his estate to the University, with the instruction that the money should be used to foster the social side of University life.
- Mongrel: Donna Campbell debut poetry collection
- World Book Night with Denise Mina
- Celebrate Your Story – Workshop with Samina Chaudry
- Open The Door Festival 2021 – Scottish Women’s Writing
- Aye Write 2021 – Pre-Festival Event
- A WORKING CLASS STATE OF MIND by Colin Burnett
- Wee Nature Fest – Islands of Abandonment
- Sheena Blackhall – Meet the Author
- Slow Nature – Woodlands Community Booklet Launch
- A Year of Workers’ Stories
- Douglas Stuart & Jackie Kay: Shuggie Bain
- Creative Conversations: Lisa Robertson
- At Home Artist’s Talk: GOMA
- Balloch Open Mic: Multi-talented Moira McPartlin
- Poetry – Rizwan Akhtar – jeton d’amour
- Creative Conversations: Shola Von Reinhold
- St Patrick’s Day Special: The Great Irish Songbook
- New Writers Showcase 2020 Scottish Book Trust
- Creative Conversations: Kirstin Innes
- Wild Women International Womens Day 2021