Cooking Pot – CCA until 30 April, 2016
CCA – Until Sat 30 April 2016
Thu 21 January 2016
Thu 28 January 2016
Thu 4 February 2016
Fri 5 February 2016
Thu 11 February 2016
Thu 18 February 2016
Fri 26 February 2016
Sun 28 February 2016
Rewriting the Recipe: A discussion on Scottish food culture
Sun 28 February 2016
CCA invites you to join in with Cooking Pot, a project which is building a community of people who are passionate about food – making, sharing, eating and enjoying. Alongside a programme of events. They are keen to attract participants of all ages, talents and backgrounds to share recipes, cookery skills, tricks and tips with us, so that they can document these in a video.
The Cooking Pot programme started in Autumn 2015 with a reflection on multiculturalism in Glasgow and how this influences its food.
In November and December 2015, community-based food experience was the topic, including issues of food poverty, and food-inspired memories. This programme of events had many sources of inspiration, including the Garnethill International Cooking Pot recipe book. The book was a collection of recipes contributed by the local community and published in 1976 by CCA’s predecessor The Third Eye Centre and the residents of Garnethill. The book was based in the local community with a strong international input to the recipes. John Kraska was thanked for his memories of that project.
January and February events will focus on issues of food and sustainability.
Sharing food knowledge new and old, local and global. Whether you can whip up a tasty cake or sumptuous stew, bring a generations-old family meal to the table, love a local dish from Glasgow or beyond or just want to show off your favourite easy method, the Cooking Pot wants to hear from you
You don’t need to be the best cook: individuals, groups and communities can share something they love to create, no matter their level of experience or their recipes. You can send a written recipe or CCA staff can arrange to record a short film (three to four minutes in length) of you sharing your top tasty creation.
Cooking Pot is ongoing, to get involved please contact Viviana Checchia on 0141 352 4900 or viviana@cca-
Filed under: Books, Talks, Poetry Events, Cinema, Eating and drinking Glasgow West End, Events, Fairs, Festivals and Fundraisers, What's On Glasgow West End: cinema, clubs, theatre, music, events, festivals, community and more
- An Evening with Mary Irvine – ‘My Greek Love Affair’
- Monos ay GFT
- The King, GFT
- Non-Fiction, GFT
- SQIFF 2019 Black History Month: Calalai: In Betweenness + shorts
- Chinese Visual Festival CCA
- Mòd 2019 National Theatre of Scotland – Rocket Post screening + family drama workshop
- Mòd 2019 Gaelic Film Screenings: A taste of BBC Alba – Na Millenni-Gaels CCA
- French Film Festival GFT 2019
- The Irishman GFT
- Lost Lives plus Q & A
- Malcolm X 35 mm GFT
- Halloween at GFT 2019
- Preview: Pink Wall with Q & A
- Africa in Motion Film Festival 2019 Glasgow
- Glasgow Wood Recycling, October Sale
- Hitsville The Making of Motown Black History Month Glasgow
- Branagh Theatre Live – A Winter’s Tale GFT
- Cinemasters at GFT: Quentin Tarantino
- Cancer Support Scotland Christmas Fayre 2019