A Constructed Space, Poetry Reading, Friday 1 April, 2016.
A Constructed Space Poetry Reading
Friday, 1 April, 2016. 7 – 9
Hidden Lane Gallery
Poetry reading featuring Magi Gibson, Christie Williamson, Ross Wilson and Samuel Tongue.
“I say this silence or, better, construct this space/ So that somehow something may move across/ The caught habits of language to you and me.” W.S. Graham.
MAGI GIBSON “The title of her third poetry collection ‘Wild Women of a Certain Age’ is a fitting description for her exquisite set which mixed sassiness with sensitivity to winning effect” – Falkirk Herald.
CHRISTIE WILLIAMSON winner of the Callum Macdonald Memorial Prize. His first full collection of poems, Oo an Feddirs, was published in 2015 by Luath Press.
ROSS WILSON author of The Heavy Bag (Calder Wood Press) “one of the best first collections I’ve read in years” – Stuart A. Paterson. A full collection due out in 2018 by Smokestack Books.
SAMUEL TONGUE held the Callan Gordon Award as part of the 2013 Scottish Book Trust’s New Writers Awards and is poetry editor at the Glasgow Review of Books
Hidden Lane Gallery
1081 Argyle St, Finnieston, Glasgow G3 8LZ
- Volunteer Led Bike Ride
- St Andrew’s Day– Torchlight Parade
- Ghost Signs Glasgow Exhibition Tour
- West End Festival 2021
- Family Weekender at Websters
- Screening: It’s Not All Rock and Roll
- Glasgow’s Golden Generation – October Bunjee Jump
- The Sorries at Cottiers
- Unchained Comedy Club at McChuills
- Gathering the Seeds, Woodlands Community
- Anna H. Geerdes – Borderline Exhibition
- Glasgow Doors Open Day 2021 – Arlington Baths Club
- Lizzie Reid at King Tut’s Wah Wah Hut
- Big Tunes at the Bandstand – Kelvingrove, Glasgow
- Poetry Launch Party – Jim Ferguson and Kirsty Taylor
- Do The Right Thing, Glasgow Youth Film Festival
- Our Ladies, GFT
- Annette, Glasgow Film Theatre
- Wildfire plus Q & A at Glasgow Film Theatre
- Sweetheart, Glasgow Youth Film Festival 2021