Here Comes Everybody, Art on a Bus, The Women’s Unit, Castlemilk Friday 1 April, 2016.
Spring 2016 Exhibition and Tour – Here Comes Everybody
The Women’s Unit is very very pleased to announce The Travelling Gallery will be visiting on Friday April 1st. Drop in from 10 a.m.
Unit 17B Castlemilk Arcade, Dougrie Drive, Castlemilk, Glasgow G45 9AA
This is Art in a Bus, ( a beautiful double decker which is also a gallery!) with a new exhibition by KennardPhillips.
Women Only Workshop
The artists are delivering a women only workshop at the unit and work made on the day will join the bus tour to sites all over Scotland ,including the Highlands and Islands. The workshop will be on all day and you can be drop in – please email firstname.lastname@example.org to book a free space.
The current exhibition comprises political collage addressing social justice issues globally and locally. The work is remarkable and the artists were recently exhibited at Stills in Edinburgh. They are the people who created the iconic image of Tony Blair taking a selfie in front of burning oil….very powerful. They are totally lovely people to work with and it’s guaranteed that something strong will come out of participating. No experience necessary.
The Travelling Gallery
The Travelling Gallery is a custom-built, mobile, contemporary art space inside a big beautiful bus. It brings high quality contemporary art exhibitions and events to schools and communities throughout Scotland.
The Travelling Gallery’s next exhibition will be Here Comes Everybody by kennardphillipps and Scott Lang. The exhibition opened at Stills Gallery in Edinburgh during the Edinburgh Art Festival in August 2015. The concept of the exhibition hinges on participation by local audiences and Here Comes Everybody will be touring in the Travelling Gallery from March to May 2016. The War on War Room workshops, which were part of the exhibition at Stills, will also tour to a number of locations on the Travelling Gallery’s itinerary.
- St Andrew’s Day– Torchlight Parade
- Ghost Signs Glasgow Exhibition Tour
- Family Weekender at Websters
- Screening: It’s Not All Rock and Roll
- Glasgow’s Golden Generation – October Bunjee Jump
- The Sorries at Cottiers
- Unchained Comedy Club at McChuills
- Gathering the Seeds, Woodlands Community
- West End Festival 2021
- Anna H. Geerdes – Borderline Exhibition
- Glasgow Doors Open Day 2021 – Arlington Baths Club
- Lizzie Reid at King Tut’s Wah Wah Hut
- Big Tunes at the Bandstand – Kelvingrove, Glasgow
- Poetry Launch Party – Jim Ferguson and Kirsty Taylor
- Do The Right Thing, Glasgow Youth Film Festival
- Our Ladies, GFT
- Annette, Glasgow Film Theatre
- Wildfire plus Q & A at Glasgow Film Theatre
- Sweetheart, Glasgow Youth Film Festival 2021
- Glasgow Fancy Women Bike Ride