Here Comes Everybody, Art on a Bus, The Women’s Unit, Castlemilk Friday 1 April, 2016.
Spring 2016 Exhibition and Tour – Here Comes Everybody
The Women’s Unit is very very pleased to announce The Travelling Gallery will be visiting on Friday April 1st. Drop in from 10 a.m.
Unit 17B Castlemilk Arcade, Dougrie Drive, Castlemilk, Glasgow G45 9AA
This is Art in a Bus, ( a beautiful double decker which is also a gallery!) with a new exhibition by KennardPhillips.
Women Only Workshop
The artists are delivering a women only workshop at the unit and work made on the day will join the bus tour to sites all over Scotland ,including the Highlands and Islands. The workshop will be on all day and you can be drop in – please email email@example.com to book a free space.
The current exhibition comprises political collage addressing social justice issues globally and locally. The work is remarkable and the artists were recently exhibited at Stills in Edinburgh. They are the people who created the iconic image of Tony Blair taking a selfie in front of burning oil….very powerful. They are totally lovely people to work with and it’s guaranteed that something strong will come out of participating. No experience necessary.
The Travelling Gallery
The Travelling Gallery is a custom-built, mobile, contemporary art space inside a big beautiful bus. It brings high quality contemporary art exhibitions and events to schools and communities throughout Scotland.
The Travelling Gallery’s next exhibition will be Here Comes Everybody by kennardphillipps and Scott Lang. The exhibition opened at Stills Gallery in Edinburgh during the Edinburgh Art Festival in August 2015. The concept of the exhibition hinges on participation by local audiences and Here Comes Everybody will be touring in the Travelling Gallery from March to May 2016. The War on War Room workshops, which were part of the exhibition at Stills, will also tour to a number of locations on the Travelling Gallery’s itinerary.
- Online Quiz Night with Duglus T Stewart
- Scenes for Survival Courier Culture
- G20 Festival Safe Play for Children Under 11
- Murder at the Mela by Leela Soma
- Bloody Scotland 2020 – Debut Shortlist and McIlvanney Prize Longlist
- Summer Art Sessions Woodlands Community
- Outdoor Activities Woodlands Community
- Sonnet Youth Social Club
- Climate Change The Facts David Attenborough Savvy Film
- Food Truck and Craft Beer Festival Rouken Glen
- Drive In Movies Paisley
- Anna (Young Adults Book) by Laura Guthrie
- Edinburgh Film Festival At Home
- A Northern Extravaganza with Shetlandic Poets Christie Williamson and Roseann Watt
- Jasmine Boutique – Stay at Home Service
- World Refugee Day Saturday 20 June, 2020
- Sunset Sessions with Alan Frew
- Joan of Arc Glasgow Film Theatre – Virtual Cinema
- French Film Festival UK November – December 2020
- Nurture through Nature – one to one support Woodlands Community