CINE[STHESIA] – Scots and America, Kelvin Hall
Saturday, 24 November, 2018 – 12.00 p.m.
Celebrate Thanksgiving at National Library of Scotland, Kelvinhall
Come along to CINE[STHESIA] – the film club which showcases hidden gems from the National Library of Scotland’s Moving Image Archive.
To celebrate Thanksgiving, we’re rerunning CINE[STHESIA] Scots and America.
From Neil Armstrong to Nessie, you’re sure to spot some familiar faces as we screen a selection of our films showcasing all things ‘USA’! Featuring the work of award winning Scottish film maker Iain Rintoul, these films will take us from Pearl Harbor to 1970s New York, culminating in a screening of ‘The Loch Ness Monster Movie’- a humourous take on what would happen if the US bought the Loch Ness Monster…
After the screening, take some time to explore our collections in the National Library’s award-winning Kelvin Hall venue.
Free. Book ‘CINE[STHESIA] Scots and America’ on Eventbrite or phone 0845 366 4629.
National Library of Scotland at Kelvin Hall, 1445 Argyle Street, Glasgow G3 8AW
- An Evening with Mary Irvine – ‘My Greek Love Affair’
- Monos ay GFT
- The King, GFT
- Non-Fiction, GFT
- SQIFF 2019 Black History Month: Calalai: In Betweenness + shorts
- Chinese Visual Festival CCA
- Mòd 2019 National Theatre of Scotland – Rocket Post screening + family drama workshop
- Mòd 2019 Gaelic Film Screenings: A taste of BBC Alba – Na Millenni-Gaels CCA
- French Film Festival GFT 2019
- The Irishman GFT
- Lost Lives plus Q & A
- Malcolm X 35 mm GFT
- Halloween at GFT 2019
- Preview: Pink Wall with Q & A
- Africa in Motion Film Festival 2019 Glasgow
- Glasgow Wood Recycling, October Sale
- Hitsville The Making of Motown Black History Month Glasgow
- Branagh Theatre Live – A Winter’s Tale GFT
- Cinemasters at GFT: Quentin Tarantino
- Cancer Support Scotland Christmas Fayre 2019