CINE[STHESIA] – Scots and America, Kelvin Hall
Saturday, 24 November, 2018 – 12.00 p.m.
Celebrate Thanksgiving at National Library of Scotland, Kelvinhall
Come along to CINE[STHESIA] – the film club which showcases hidden gems from the National Library of Scotland’s Moving Image Archive.
To celebrate Thanksgiving, we’re rerunning CINE[STHESIA] Scots and America.
From Neil Armstrong to Nessie, you’re sure to spot some familiar faces as we screen a selection of our films showcasing all things ‘USA’! Featuring the work of award winning Scottish film maker Iain Rintoul, these films will take us from Pearl Harbor to 1970s New York, culminating in a screening of ‘The Loch Ness Monster Movie’- a humourous take on what would happen if the US bought the Loch Ness Monster…
After the screening, take some time to explore our collections in the National Library’s award-winning Kelvin Hall venue.
Free. Book ‘CINE[STHESIA] Scots and America’ on Eventbrite or phone 0845 366 4629.
National Library of Scotland at Kelvin Hall, 1445 Argyle Street, Glasgow G3 8AW
- Fessen/Reared New Poetry Collection by Lesley Benzie, Book Launch
- The Writing of Janet Paisley course with Linda Jackson
- Underwood Lane by John Byrne, The Tron
- Don’t Stop Me Now, The Tron
- Runner by Chris McQueer
- Poetry Slam – Open to All – The Tron
- G20 Festival – U Fix It Cafe and Clothes Swop
- Scotland’s Charity Air Ambulance Fundraiser at Murrayfield
- Looking at Mackintosh’s Masterpiece
- Country Funk Fridays – Reopening Tennent’s Bar Basement
- Moments of Resistance by Femspectives
- Iberodocs Lisbon Beat CCA
- Glasgow Film Festival: Master Cheng
- Glasgow Film Festival 2020: Heroic Losers
- Bacurau, Glasgow Film Festival 2020
- Take 2: Spies in Disguise, GFT
- Glasgow Film Festival 2020 at CCA
- Dardishi Festival at CCA
- Alasdair Gray: A Life in Progress GFT
- Parasite GFT