CINE[STHESIA] – Scots and America, Kelvin Hall
Saturday, 24 November, 2018 – 12.00 p.m.
Celebrate Thanksgiving at National Library of Scotland, Kelvinhall
Come along to CINE[STHESIA] – the film club which showcases hidden gems from the National Library of Scotland’s Moving Image Archive.
To celebrate Thanksgiving, we’re rerunning CINE[STHESIA] Scots and America.
From Neil Armstrong to Nessie, you’re sure to spot some familiar faces as we screen a selection of our films showcasing all things ‘USA’! Featuring the work of award winning Scottish film maker Iain Rintoul, these films will take us from Pearl Harbor to 1970s New York, culminating in a screening of ‘The Loch Ness Monster Movie’- a humourous take on what would happen if the US bought the Loch Ness Monster…
After the screening, take some time to explore our collections in the National Library’s award-winning Kelvin Hall venue.
Free. Book ‘CINE[STHESIA] Scots and America’ on Eventbrite or phone 0845 366 4629.
National Library of Scotland at Kelvin Hall, 1445 Argyle Street, Glasgow G3 8AW
- ‘A Place for the Work and the Human Being’ Kelvin Hall
- From Lens to Pen, Finnieston
- Hitsville The Making of Motown Black History Month Glasgow
- Scotland Loves Anime 10 Anniversary at GFT
- American Woman GFT
- Judy GFT
- 48 Hours Film Project Part 1 GFT
- Her Century: Scottish Women on Film GFT
- The Relative Worlds GFT plus Q and A
- Mòd 2019 National Theatre of Scotland – Rocket Post screening + family drama workshop
- Mòd 2019 CCA
- European Art House Cinema Day GFT
- Halloween at GFT 2019
- Africa in Motion Film Festival 2019 Glasgow
- Cinemasters at GFT: Quentin Tarantino
- The Day Shall Come GFT
- The Joker, Cineworld Glasgow
- The Monster and Mary Shelley, Paisley Arts Centre
- Story – Party True Dating Stories, Cottiers
- Fright Night at Websters Theatre