Afri Adventure, Africa in Motion for Kids, Glasgow
Sat 3 November, 2018 at 2pm
The Africa Art Centre, 286 Broomloan Road, G51 2GK
For 3-12-year-olds, free and unticketed.
The annual African in Motion Family Day
Taking kids on adventures across Africa through storytelling and film. The amazing Zimbabwean storyteller, Tawona Sithole, will transport them to real and imaginary worlds through inspiring tales. The storytelling will be followed by a selection of short animation films from various African countries.
Tales of Shaa
Rodney Masanga | Zimbabwe 2017 | 7m
Umi and Nandi get transported Shaa, an enchanted world of African folklore filled with popular characters from famous African tales.
Stephen Iosun | Nigeria 2017 | 8m
A timid boy develops a crush on a girl he runs into at a bus stop. Will he summon the courage to talk to her, or will he let the opportunity pass him by?
Jeremy Collins and Kelly Dillon | South Africa 2018 | 5m
Persistence pays off when an unashamed young girl learning to dive is unperturbed by a talented diver who steals the spotlight.
The Tree of Palimpsest
Ingrid Agbo | Togo 2018 | 5m | French with English subtitles
Two bickering brothers turn to their wise grandmother to resolve their argument and learn about a hero of African history in the process.
A Kalabanda Ate My Homework
Raymond Malinga | Uganda 2017 | 6m
A Kalabanda is a mythical creature that is said to haunt schools in Uganda. Tendo, a pupil shows up to class one day without homework – claiming that a Kalabanda ate it. Who’d believe such a lame excuse? No-one! How will Tendo prove his story and does this mythical creature really exist?
Bino and Fino: On To Timbuktu
Adamu Wazuri | Nigeria 2017 | 11m
The Timbuktu Manuscripts are hugely historically important manuscripts based in Mali, a country in West Africa. In this episode Bino and Fino go to Mali with the help of Zeena to learn about these wonderful manuscripts and fountains of knowledge.
Africa in Motion have made a travel fund available to reimburse costs of travel to the African Art Centre. People will be refunded in cash upon showing their public transport receipts.
This section: Cinema, Events, Fairs, Festivals and Fundraisers, Kids and young people
- Difference by Design Arts and Crafts Fair, Websters
- Julesbasar – Norwegian Christmas Fair Glasgow 2019
- Panto-Crime, Murder Mystery at Websters with Dinner & The Logans
- After the Wedding, GFT
- Luce, GFT
- Havana Film Festival 2019
- Matchbox Cineclub Best of Final Girls Berlin 2019 CCA
- Then And Now & What Could Be: Housing Rights & Solidarity CCA
- Libre / To the Four Winds Alliance Francaise Glasgow
- Miles Davis: Birth of the Cool GFT
- Meeting Gorbachev GFT
- CineCard Preview: The Report GFT
- French Film Festival GFT 2019
- Sorry We Missed You, GFT
- Migrant Voice Feel at Home Short Films
- Book Week Scotland 2019
- Cottiers has Talent this Christmas
- Cottiers – Bar, Restaurant, Theatre, Glasgow West End
- Cooking Pot Biting the Hand that Feeds, CCA
- UK Jewish Film Festival 2019 at GFT Glasgow