Celtic Connections Hazy Recollections 5 February, 2017
5 February, 2017 – 2.00p.m. – 6.00 p.m.
O2ABC Sauchiehall Street, Glasgow
Once again, for your Sunday afternoon listening pleasure, Findlay Napier curates three fabulously disparate five-act bills, collectively occupying the fruitfully blurry territory between folk, indie and indie-folk. Over its nine-year existence, Hazy has hosted nearly 100 different artists, including the likes of Sturgill Simpson, Sarah Jarosz and The Staves as well as myriad new discoveries. Alongside the publicised performers, each show features a surprise mystery act, chosen by Celtic Connections’ artistic director Donald Shaw.
The last Hazy blast of Celtic Connections 2017 features a double helping of excellent Scottish duos, one partnering Donna Maciocia’s powerhouse vocals and songcraft with Three Blind Wolves’ Ross Clark, while Tenement & Temple reunites ex-Thrum bandmates Monica Queen and Johnny Smillie. Roberto Cassani, a member of contemporary folk supergroup The Kilmarnock Edition, serves up a selection of his wryly humorous, life-affirming solo material, artfully arrayed with looped guitar effects, and Paisley country-pop songstress Jill Jackson introduces her new band line-up.
Phone 0141 353 8000
Over 14s only. Under 16s must be accompanied by an adult.
This venue has standing only.
This venue has disabled toilet facilities.
Filed under: Celtic Connections 2017, Events, Fairs, Festivals and Fundraisers, Gig Guide plus Club Events, What's On Glasgow West End: cinema, clubs, theatre, music, events, festivals, community and more
- National Library of Scotland Film Friday
- Makar to Makar, Jackie Kay with Imtiaz Dharker and Suzanne Bonnar
- Life is too short online readings and recorded performances
- ‘A Handful of Dates’ Africa in Motion Online
- Historic Significance of Ellisland Farm, Centre for Robert Burns
- The Atom: A Love Affair GFT watch online
- Best of Africa in Motion Shorts – Shoeshine screening online
- BAKOSÓ: AFROBEATS DE CUBA FILM – Africa in Motion
- Online Quiz Night with Duglus T Stewart
- Create & Connect Showcase. Glasgow Women’s Library
- Live from a Tenement – Chiara Berardelli
- National Theatre Live Events GFT
- Singing with Beth, Live on Facebook
- Twitter Chat, Little Women at GFT Online Film Club
- Sounds in the Suburbs Refuweegee Fundraiser
- Nice n Sleazy Big Weekend of Streaming Live
- The Poets’ Time – weekly meetings with Linda Jackson on Zoom
- Creative Conversations: Iain Maloney, Novelist and Poet – Zoom Event
- Ian R. Mitchell – Some Images From Glasgow’s Past
- Stay at Home Literary Fringe Festival