Celtic Connections Hazy Recollections 5 February, 2017
5 February, 2017 – 2.00p.m. – 6.00 p.m.
O2ABC Sauchiehall Street, Glasgow
Once again, for your Sunday afternoon listening pleasure, Findlay Napier curates three fabulously disparate five-act bills, collectively occupying the fruitfully blurry territory between folk, indie and indie-folk. Over its nine-year existence, Hazy has hosted nearly 100 different artists, including the likes of Sturgill Simpson, Sarah Jarosz and The Staves as well as myriad new discoveries. Alongside the publicised performers, each show features a surprise mystery act, chosen by Celtic Connections’ artistic director Donald Shaw.
The last Hazy blast of Celtic Connections 2017 features a double helping of excellent Scottish duos, one partnering Donna Maciocia’s powerhouse vocals and songcraft with Three Blind Wolves’ Ross Clark, while Tenement & Temple reunites ex-Thrum bandmates Monica Queen and Johnny Smillie. Roberto Cassani, a member of contemporary folk supergroup The Kilmarnock Edition, serves up a selection of his wryly humorous, life-affirming solo material, artfully arrayed with looped guitar effects, and Paisley country-pop songstress Jill Jackson introduces her new band line-up.
Phone 0141 353 8000
Over 14s only. Under 16s must be accompanied by an adult.
This venue has standing only.
This venue has disabled toilet facilities.
Filed under: Celtic Connections 2017, Events, Fairs, Festivals and Fundraisers, Gig Guide plus Club Events, What's On Glasgow West End: cinema, clubs, theatre, music, events, festivals, community and more
- Helen McClory: Short Story Writer and Novelist at Creative Conversations
- Wrest and Maz O’Connor, Celtic Connections review Fionnuala Boyle
- Winter Tree Identification Workshop
- Luca Manning & Fergus McCreadie Celtic Connections
- John Inglis Exhibition New Collages 2016 – 2019 Compass Gallery
- Red Thread Film Club Lynne Ramsay – Gasman and Ratcatcher
- A Hidden Life, GFT
- Weathering With You GFT
- Waves GFT
- Bombshell GFT
- Cleanin’ Up The Town Remembering Ghostbusters GFT
- Preview: The Man Who Killed Don Quixote + Recorded Q&A GFT
- Everything – The Real Thing Story Q & A
- Celtic Connections & Fallen Angels Club: Danni Nicholls
- Isobel Campbell Isobel Campbell with Hannah Fisher & Sorren Maclean and Nina Violet Celtic Connections
- Celtic Connections: SHHE SHHE + GRISLY FAYE Hug and Pint
- Rachael Dadd, The Glad Cafe Celtic Connections
- The Wandering Hearts and Zoe Graham, Celtic Connections
- Mobilising for COP 26 – Climate, Justice, Jobs Glasgow
- Sonnet Youth #31 Old Hairdressers