Celtic Connections Hazy Recollections 5 February, 2017
5 February, 2017 – 2.00p.m. – 6.00 p.m.
O2ABC Sauchiehall Street, Glasgow
Once again, for your Sunday afternoon listening pleasure, Findlay Napier curates three fabulously disparate five-act bills, collectively occupying the fruitfully blurry territory between folk, indie and indie-folk. Over its nine-year existence, Hazy has hosted nearly 100 different artists, including the likes of Sturgill Simpson, Sarah Jarosz and The Staves as well as myriad new discoveries. Alongside the publicised performers, each show features a surprise mystery act, chosen by Celtic Connections’ artistic director Donald Shaw.
The last Hazy blast of Celtic Connections 2017 features a double helping of excellent Scottish duos, one partnering Donna Maciocia’s powerhouse vocals and songcraft with Three Blind Wolves’ Ross Clark, while Tenement & Temple reunites ex-Thrum bandmates Monica Queen and Johnny Smillie. Roberto Cassani, a member of contemporary folk supergroup The Kilmarnock Edition, serves up a selection of his wryly humorous, life-affirming solo material, artfully arrayed with looped guitar effects, and Paisley country-pop songstress Jill Jackson introduces her new band line-up.
Phone 0141 353 8000
Over 14s only. Under 16s must be accompanied by an adult.
This venue has standing only.
This venue has disabled toilet facilities.
Filed under: Celtic Connections 2017, Events, Fairs, Festivals and Fundraisers, Gig Guide plus Club Events, What's On Glasgow West End: cinema, clubs, theatre, music, events, festivals, community and more
- Halloween 2021 – Spooktacular Walk, Glasgow Green
- Pumpkin v Turnip Lantern Event
- Blade – 4K GFT
- Last Night in Soho GFT
- Glasgow Hallowe’en Ghost Walk
- Hallowe’en – Spooky Kelvindale Woods
- Ice Box Halloween Gig Part 1
- Icebox Halloween Movie Night
- Hallowe’en Witch Market, Britannica Panopticon
- Landscapes Without Figures, The American South West by Ian R. Mitchell
- Scottish Poetry Library: Launch Poetry London 100th edition
- Opening Party – The Landing Hub Refuweegee Fundraiser
- The Landing Hub – COP26 Fringe Event
- Feeding the City – screening and panel discussion
- Dumb Instrument with Duglas T Stewart
- COP26 – The Sacred Forest at GFT
- COP26: The Plan That Came From The Bottom Up
- Black British Cinema – Routes of Representation
- I Am Belmaya GFT
- The End of Evangelion GFT