Book Launch: The Stone in My Pocket by Matthew Keeley
Launch on YouTube Sunday 28th February 4pm
The Stone in My Pocket
‘Powerfully evokes all of the emotions you want when you read a good novel.’ – The Independent
A poignant coming-of-age story following a teenage journey into mediumship, independence, 90s pop culture, and a new millennium. The Stone in My Pocket is an engaging chronicle of adolescence; a tender family drama; and a supernatural mystery, exploring the passage to self-acceptance and how it feels to be different.
Seventeen year-old Nathan hears a voice crying in his garden at midnight. Later, a ghostly figure stands in his bedroom doorway then vanishes. The crystals he collects on his shelves fall. But Nathan can’t tell his devout parents any of this. They don’t believe his strange stories anymore. Seeking answers, he turns to Iris: the medium who owns the village bookshop. She reads tarot cards and divines that Nathan’s grandfather is communicating with him from the spirit world. And he’s bringing grave warnings for Nathan’s family.
The novel can be enjoyed by young adults and adults alike.
- Tell it slant, Glasgow: Book Launch: A Bird Is Not A Stone.
- Red Squirrel Press – Launch of Three Publications
- #StreamMyStory Children’s Online Events Summer 2021
- Women’s Library – In Conversation with Paria Goodarzi
- Bloody Scotland 2021 McIlvanney Prize Long List Announced
- The Owner of the Sea – Richard Price readings and discussion
- Bernard MacLaverty: Glasgow Writer
- Graeme Macrae Burnet – Glasgow Writer
- Glasgow Writers: Theresa Talbot
- Glasgow School of Art Digital Showcase 2021
- Scottish Books Long Weekend
- Meet the Poet: Marcus Slease & Colin Herd
- Balloch Open Mic on Zoom
- Creative Conversations: David Robertson
- Aye Write on Demand 2021
- Refugee Festival Scotland 2021
- Riverside Festival Glasgow 2021 – Online
- Before Now – Memoir of a Toerag by Moira McPartlin
- Glasgow Jazz Festival 2021
- ProjectAbility – Online Exhibition ‘Altered Space’