Book Launch: ‘The Sound of the Hours’ Karen Campbell
Tuesday 16 July, 2019 7 p.m.
Waterstones Sauchiehall Street, Glasgow
Launch of Karen Campbell’s new book The Sound of the Hours.
Scottish writer Karen Campbell is the author of seven novels, most recently The Sound of the Hours, Rise and This is Where I Am, all published by Bloomsbury Circus.
Come and learn about Vita & Frank and celebrate glorious Barga – Italy’s most Scottish town!
In the hilltop town of Barga, everyone holds their breath. Even the bells fall silent. Everything Vittoria Guidi knows is at risk. German troops occupy the mountains around her home, as US Buffalo soldiers prepare to invade. Trapped, does she side with her Scots-Italian father or Fascist mother as her country – and future – is torn in two?
Frank Chapel, a young, black American soldier fighting for a country that refuses him the vote, is unlike anyone Vittoria has ever met. In the chaos, they find each other. But, as loyalties are tested, families fall apart…
Karen Campbell launches her new novel ‘The Sound of the Hours’ a novel about identity, conflict and love, set during World War Two in Barga – Italy’s most Scottish town.
This is a free event but please make sure you reserve your seat Register via Eventbrite.
‘Doors open’ at 6.30pm for a 7pm start in our 2nd floor bar and event space.
Waterstones Sauchiehall Street, 153-157 Sauchiehall St, Glasgow G2 3EW
This section: Books, Talks, Poetry Events
Filed under: Books, Talks, Poetry Events
- The Poets’ Time – weekly meetings with Linda Jackson on Zoom
- Creative Conversations: Iain Maloney, Novelist and Poet – Zoom Event
- Stay at Home Literary Fringe Festival
- Sonnet Youth Social Club
- Creative Conversations, Monday Lunchtimes, University of Glasgow Chapel
- Jamaica Kincaid: novelist and writer – Creative Conversations ZOOM EVENT
- Zoom Event – A reading and Q&A with renowned poet Peter Gizzi
- Aye Write – Big Book Weekend Virtual Festival
- From Glasgow to Saturn Issue 44 – read online
- Short Attention Span Theatre during Lockdown
- Creative Conversations Zoom Event Will Harris
- A DAY IN THE LIFE OF A DANCING ANIMAL poem by Brian Whittingham
- Creative Conversations – Dean Atta Virtual Format Monday 20 April, 2020
- Future Stories – Scottish Book Trust
- ‘the lactic acid in the calves of your despair’ poetry collection by Ali Whitelock
- New Collection of Poems: Poor Wurld by Jim Ferguson
- The Clearing: A memoir of art, family and mental health by Samantha Clark
- The Siren Awakes – memoir by Linda Jackson
- Blessed Assurance by Stewart Ennis
- ‘Doors tae Naewye’ poetry by Christie Williamson