Aye Write: Stewart Ennis and Okechuwu Nzelu
Saturday 21 March, 2020, 1.15 – 2.1 p.m.
The Mitchell Library North Street, Glasgow G3 7DN
Roland Gulliver, Director of the International Festival of Authors in Toronto introduces a pair of strikingly original debut novels. Blessed Assurance by Stewart Ennis is an exploration of family, friendship, faith, loneliness and grief, and the compromises that sometimes have to be made to remain part of our community. In The Private Joys of Nnenna Maloney Okechukwu Nzelu brings us a funny and heart-warming story set in Contemporary Manchester that covers the expanse of race, gender, class, family and redemption, with a fresh and distinctive new voice and a memorable cast of characters.
- Fessen/Reared New Poetry Collection by Lesley Benzie, Book Launch
- Runner by Chris McQueer
- Poetry Slam – Open to All – The Tron
- Scotland’s Charity Air Ambulance Fundraiser at Murrayfield
- Looking at Mackintosh’s Masterpiece
- Moments of Resistance by Femspectives
- Iberodocs Lisbon Beat CCA
- Glasgow Film Festival: Master Cheng
- Glasgow Film Festival 2020: Heroic Losers
- Bacurau, Glasgow Film Festival 2020
- Glasgow Film Festival 2020 at CCA
- Dardishi Festival at CCA
- Lost Transmissions, Glasgow Film Festival 2020
- The Whistlers, Glasgow Film Festival 2020
- The IASSIDD Exhibition ProjectAbility
- International Women’s Day – #EachforEqual: What Difference Does a Decade Make?
- Glasgow Film Festival 2020: Jazz On A Summer’s Day
- Glasgow Film Festival 2020, Disco
- Roots Festival – An Evening with Wullie, George and Friends
- Poor Wurld by Jim Ferguson – Book Launch Party