Aye Write: Stewart Ennis and Okechuwu Nzelu
Saturday 21 March, 2020, 1.15 – 2.1 p.m.
The Mitchell Library North Street, Glasgow G3 7DN
Roland Gulliver, Director of the International Festival of Authors in Toronto introduces a pair of strikingly original debut novels. Blessed Assurance by Stewart Ennis is an exploration of family, friendship, faith, loneliness and grief, and the compromises that sometimes have to be made to remain part of our community. In The Private Joys of Nnenna Maloney Okechukwu Nzelu brings us a funny and heart-warming story set in Contemporary Manchester that covers the expanse of race, gender, class, family and redemption, with a fresh and distinctive new voice and a memorable cast of characters.
- Arlington @150 – Arlington Baths Club Celebrating 150 Years
- Piping Live! – Glasgow, August, 2021
- Fun Day – Doon the Watter at Glasgow Green
- Shoot Your Shot PRIDE
- Scribblers Union Digital Gig Series
- Merchant City Festival 2021
- Bloody Scotland – Crime Debut of the Year 2021
- Brian Whittingham – Writing Walks in Kelvingrove
- Three Lockdown Poets at Avant Garde
- Independent Bookshop Week 2021
- Tell it slant, Glasgow: Book Launch: A Bird Is Not A Stone.
- Red Squirrel Press – Launch of Three Publications
- #StreamMyStory Children’s Online Events Summer 2021
- Women’s Library – In Conversation with Paria Goodarzi
- Bloody Scotland 2021 McIlvanney Prize Long List Announced
- Cottiers – Bar, Restaurant, Theatre, Glasgow West End
- The Owner of the Sea – Richard Price readings and discussion
- Bernard MacLaverty: Glasgow Writer
- Graeme Macrae Burnet – Glasgow Writer
- Glasgow Writers: Theresa Talbot