Aye Write: Ambrose Parry – A Corruption of Blood
Friday 13 May, 2022 at 8 p.m.
The latest novel in this gripping historical series from husband and wife team Chris Brookmyre & Marisa Haetzman.
Dr Will Raven is a man seldom shocked by human remains, but even he is disturbed by the contents of a package washed up at the Port of Leith. Stranger still, a man Raven has long detested is pleading for his help to escape the hangman.
Back in the townhouse of Dr James Simpson, Sarah Fisher has set her sights on learning to practise medicine. Almost everyone seems intent on dissuading her from this ambition, but when word reaches her that a woman has recently obtained a medical degree despite her gender, Sarah decides to seek her out.
Raven’s efforts to prove his former adversary’s innocence are failing and he desperately needs Sarah’s help. Putting their feelings for one another aside, their investigations take them to both extremes of Edinburgh’s social divide, where they discover that wealth and status cannot alter a fate written in the blood.
- Seeing Glasgow: An Artist’s View – Avril Patron
- Ajay Close Creative Conversations
- Maria Fusco – Creative Conversations
- Books at the Green with Chris Dolan
- Creative Conversations: Donna McLean
- Fundraiser for Medicin Sans Frontieres
- Creative Conversations, University of Glasgow
- From Glasgow to Saturn #51
- Poor Things Screening plus Alasdair Gray Archive Q&A + Exhibition
- Filmmaking with Kevin Macdonald at Glasgow Film Festival 2024
- Gray Day 2024
- Alasdair Gray Archive – Free Tours
- Scottish Writers Centre Speakeasy – Fooers fae the fillin station #2
- Books at the Botanics
- Creative Conversations: Jim Carruth
- Close Range Coulport – poem by Finola Scott
- Peace Poetry Night
- Glasgow Literary and Music Lounge at The Scotia Bar
- Tom Murray Book Launch – Scottish Writers
- Joe Murray: Book Launch ‘Walking on Scoraig’