Aye Write 2021 introduces Scottish Debuts
14 May, 2021 – 10.30am – 11.30am
New Scottish Writing Talent
Vikki Reilly from Publishing Scotland introduces a diverse range of new Scottish writing talent including Fiction, Memoir, short stories and crime. Featuring: Ross Macfarlane (Edward Kane and the Parlour Maid Murderer), Emma Grae (Be Guid Tae Yer Mammy), Flora Johnston (What You Call Free), Ryan Vance (One Man’s Trash), Aidan Martin (Euphoric Recall), Colin Burnett (A Working Class State of Mind) and Angela Hughes (My Heart’s Content: A Journey To Transplant).
£5 Book Tickets
*This performance is pre-recorded and will be available to watch for three weeks after the broadcast date to accommodate different time zones.
This performance is included in the Aye Write 2021 festival pass, so you will not need to purchase this event if you have already purchased a pass.
Books are available to purchase from our bookseller partner Bookshop.org. Bookshop.org supports independent booksellers and for every book purchased 10% comes back to Aye Write and Wee Write, helping to invest in Glasgow’s book festival and reader development programmes.
£5 Book Tickets
Aye Write 2021 ‘exploring everything from Politics and Music to Crime and Thriller from 14 – 23 May 2021.’
- Govanhill Children’s Book Festival
- Piping Live! Family Fun Day
- Scotland on Tour – The Rum Shack, Glasgow
- Break the Cycle of Homelessness with Social Bite
- Occupy! Occupy! Occupy! – graphic novel launch
- Cottiers – Bar, Restaurant, Theatre, Glasgow West End
- Govanhill’s Got Talent
- Mary Irvine’s Blog: Review – The Way Home by Robin Scott-Elliot
- CINE(STHESIA )- Last Day of the Trams
- Raw Poetry at Scottish Writers Centre
- Govanhill International Carnival and Parade
- Sea Change Film Festival 2022
- Friends of Peoples Palace & Winter Garden at Glasgow Green Fun Day
- The Rhynie Station: Grunnit Spring by Ian R. Mitchell
- Dance Along Festival: Encanto, Merchant City Festival
- Ashton Lane Stre-EAT FEST
- Curatorial Tour: Glasgow and Slavery, People’s Palace
- A Day Of Fun Inspired by John Byrne
- Bloody Scotland 2022 McIlvanney Prize Long List
- National Youth Pipe Band of Scotland