Pat's Guide to Glasgow West End

Ye cannae go aff topic oan this threid...

Is it omniscience or esp ?

Out of the clear blue, Oz, the poster frae south of the equator, asks what a medal was for and Hingmie has the answer.

Aw ahm sayin is that things are becoming weirder and weirder.

tam

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It is but you've got to applaud her attitude: "We go with optimism."

Couple of medals for Scotland at the games. Silver in the Cycling (Australia took gold) and bronze for a couple of shooters.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/athletics-news/2010/10/06/commonwealth-games-scotland-claims-silver-in-cycling-team-sprint-86908-22612939/

Is it omniscience or esp ?

Out of the clear blue, Oz, the poster frae south of the equator, asks what a medal was for and Hingmie has the answer.

Aw ahm sayin is that things are becoming weirder and weirder.

tam

As far as I am aware Tam, Oz does not have a foil hat which can help stop folk reading his mind so ........

:o

That'll be aw they Sottish immigrants. Bum away yir bums yir ain.

Good wan, Pat

We also added to that, "unless it's in a tinnie" Don't have an earthly why, Just something I remember we said as weans. Oz might think that was a reference to a can of beer/lager however ! Don't weans really talk nonsense sometimes ! Or do they now ? My wee granddaughter(8)recently informed me that she wasn't sure yet about something relevant to her that was under discussion among the family but would research it on the 'puter before deciding. Have to say she also went to the local library and got a book on the subject we were discussing at the time. Magic !!! but a wee bit scary !!

Good wan, Pat

We also added to that, "unless it's in a tinnie" Don't have an earthly why, Just something I remember we said as weans. Oz might think that was a reference to a can of beer/lager

Or perhaps another point of view completely:

http://www.thepunch.com.au/articles/for-a-truly-australian-dish-first-insert-tinnie-in-bum/

however ! Don't weans really talk nonsense sometimes ! Or do they now ? My wee granddaughter(8)recently informed me that she wasn't sure yet about something relevant to her that was under discussion among the family but would research it on the 'puter before deciding. Have to say she also went to the local library and got a book on the subject we were discussing at the time. Magic !!! but a wee bit scary !!

A bit of research never goes wrong but what happened to asking an adult? :o

Or perhaps another point of view completely:

http://www.thepunch.com.au/articles/for-a-truly-australian-dish-first-insert-tinnie-in-bum/

A bit of research never goes wrong but what happened to asking an adult? :o

We were all( 5 immediate rellies) nipping her pretty wee head with our opinions and this girl. o yes,very definitely, this particular girl, will always take the time to make her own choices :lol: .(hopefully always fully informed and the right ones for her)

ps, don't ever, ever acknowledge it to her mum but my suggestion is the way she is going .......

Granny POWER :lol:

We were all( 5 immediate rellies) nipping her pretty wee head with our opinions and this girl. o yes,very definitely, this particular girl, will always take the time to make her own choices :lol: .(hopefully always fully informed and the right ones for her)

ps, don't ever, ever acknowledge it to her mum but my suggestion is the way she is going .......

Granny POWER :o

I can imagine the scene, Hingmie. Children are a great source of amusement and astonishment. I am hearing more of Ryan's views on life now that he sometimes has a friend with him when he visits.

I particularly enjoy when he shows a sense of humour, although, I can be taken aback. He and his new friend, Sean, were talking about favourite things like transformers and Lego indiana Jones. Well, he must get fed up with me asking questions like: "Have you got a vest on?" and clearly thought is was very witty to tell his friend, that his "Gran's favourite things are vests".

:o

I can imagine the scene, Hingmie. Children are a great source of amusement and astonishment. I am hearing more of Ryan's views on life now that he sometimes has a friend with him when he visits.

I particularly enjoy when he shows a sense of humour, although, I can be taken aback. He and his new friend, Sean, were talking about favourite things like transformers and Lego indiana Jones. Well, he must get fed up with me asking questions like: "Have you got a vest on?" and clearly thought is was very witty to tell his friend, that his "Gran's favourite things are vests".

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

My darling girl, showing an awareness that we hadn't noted, that I have been ill recently, wandered into her sitting room eating a pack of crisps, the type I really like. I said "I could fair go a wee snack, anymore like them on the go ?" She came back with a pack of yon rice snack thingies and informed me I should like them cos they were "healthy". Love her !!

:lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

My darling girl, showing an awareness that we hadn't noted, that I have been ill recently, wandered into her sitting room eating a pack of crisps, the type I really like. I said "I could fair go a wee snack, anymore like them on the go ?" She came back with a pack of yon rice snack thingies and informed me I should like them cos they were "healthy". Love her !!

Fascist!! :lol: :lol:

Good lord! 71 medals now. Must be all that sunshine - good to see some Mitchells and Sunderlands in there. :angry:

Yeah we area multi-racial society as opposed to a multi-cultural society. There is one hell of a difference.

Some mighty strange names in the list

Yeah we area multi-racial society as opposed to a multi-cultural society. There is one hell of a difference.

Some mighty strange names in the list

Righto! They're all going for gold and that's the main thing.