Pat's Guide to Glasgow West End

Ye cannae go aff topic oan this threid...

How many are being groomed for the presidency....?

(And how many are quite as dumb as her??)

I don't think that Sarah Palin is seriously being groomed for the presidency as much as she is being groomed as a cheer leader.

Of course she is even dumber than Dubya, if that is possible.

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Anyone ken what HMRC stands for ?

An e-mail from the UK tells me that i am owed 259.00; disnae say if that is in dollars or pounds.

tam

Her Majesty's Revenue & Customs. It's probably spam Tam, when was the last time you paid any tax in the UK?

Guest westtender

Anyone ken what HMRC stands for ?

An e-mail from the UK tells me that i am owed 259.00; disnae say if that is in dollars or pounds.

tam

HMRC = Her Maj's Revenue & Customs.

Ear_Trumpet1[2].jpg

tam, if an unsolicited email is anything to do with anyone saying anything about money, whether to do with you being owed / asking for account details / anything at all to do with bank accounts or money for nothing IGNORE IT. It's a scam.

They're relying on the fact that you're curious because it's not an outlandish amount of money, so you won't immediately dismiss it. You click on anything on that email, it will in all likelihood take you to a very plausible looking website and there you will be asked for bank account details so the money 'can be transferred direct to your bank'. Yeah right. Now a bunch of scammers has your bank account details!

No no no no no. I got one of these myself last year and called HMRC. They confirmed I'm owed nothing, (baws), confirmed that they NEVER contact someone about something like this via email, and they are are aware that there's been a huge push on these phishing emails on their behalf recently.

No no no no no. I got one of these myself last year and called HMRC. They confirmed I'm owed nothing, (baws), confirmed that they NEVER contact someone about something like this via email, and they are are aware that there's been a huge push on these phishing emails on their behalf recently.

That was disappointing and timeconsuming, Wesstie. Better just not opening anything that looks remotely like spam.

Guest westtender

That was disappointing and timeconsuming, Wesstie. Better just not opening anything that looks remotely like spam.

It was one of millions of emails I was ploughing through after a holiday, and the acronym was similar to one I was very familiar with, which is why I looked at it.

I knew I wasn't owed anything - the phone call was a matter of just a couple of minutes and I thought I'd better let them know. The ad was *very* plausible.

It was one of millions of emails I was ploughing through after a holiday, and the acronym was similar to one I was very familiar with, which is why I looked at it.

I knew I wasn't owed anything - the phone call was a matter of just a couple of minutes and I thought I'd better let them know. The ad was *very* plausible.

Crafty so and so's. I'm so cautious I'm probably missing lots of money bequeathed to me by strangers. :blink:

I think Nota & I have a common relative who died in a car crash in Sierra Leonne & his lawyer wants us to have a pile of illicit diamonds if we sent lotsa cash to pay for bribes & delivery

I think Nota & I have a common relative who died in a car crash in Sierra Leonne & his lawyer wants us to have a pile of illicit diamonds if we sent lotsa cash to pay for bribes & delivery

Izzat cuzzin Benjamin Ngaoi, who wizza high heid-yin in Nigeria, until he emigrated tae Sierra Leone, we hudtae help him get his aunty's money oota Lagos tae.

Izzat cuzzin Benjamin Ngaoi, who wizza high heid-yin in Nigeria, until he emigrated tae Sierra Leone, we hudtae help him get his aunty's money oota Lagos tae.

Thats him wur Millions involved aw in broon paper bags

They made a real mistake wi'mine they took ra munny oota ma bank accoont instead aw pittin it in :lol:

Thur wiz a website a while back, set up by some boay who goat fed up wi' these scammers. Whit he did wiz, he replied tae thum a' ekspressin an innurest in helpin thum oot.

He then says tae thum that he needs a foty tae prove they ur fur real. He wid then ask thum fur a strange foty tae confirm identity. He wid ask thum fur foties wi' a big fish oan thur heid, ur wi' a banana hingin ooty each ear and etc.

Maist o' thum replied wi the rekwestit foty attached. He then postit a' the foties o' theez diddy-washers oan his website.

Ah'll see if ah cannae find it, but it wiz a fyoo years back

Guest westtender

Thur wiz a website a while back, set up by some boay who goat fed up wi' these scammers. Whit he did wiz, he replied tae thum a' ekspressin an innurest in helpin thum oot.

He then says tae thum that he needs a foty tae prove they ur fur real. He wid then ask thum fur a strange foty tae confirm identity. He wid ask thum fur foties wi' a big fish oan thur heid, ur wi' a banana hingin ooty each ear and etc.

Maist o' thum replied wi the rekwestit foty attached. He then postit a' the foties o' theez diddy-washers oan his website.

Ah'll see if ah cannae find it, but it wiz a fyoo years back

:lol:

....."diddy-washers"??

:angry:

Am really awfy surprised that Westtender was able tae get a photae of mahsel in full uniform: looks like it was taken when the Yankees went back across the Detroit River. I jist hope that DND urnae monitoring this website.

tam

Are maps better than sat navs?

After using one for the first time this weekend I've got mixed feelings. We followed Nat's (that's what the sat nav woman's been named) instructions and they were almost perfect and got us to our destinations. The best part was when we were travelling through a strange town, Consett, and stayed on the right route without having to check a map at all.

So, for now, Nat's staying. But the road atlas stays in the car as well!

I love my GPS. It takes so much stress out of driving around Houston. I can keep an eye on the traffic and all those idiots who are texting and talking on the cell phones. Every time my pal says "Oh no need for the GPS this trip, I can find it - I know I'd better be packing the GPS.