Pat's Guide to Glasgow West End

Ye cannae go aff topic oan this threid...

Old Age:- some oh the things we dae when we get aulder are ah right puzzle. I have an imac, dock across the bottom and easy peesy tae lift, ye dinnae havtae click it oan, jist lift the mail icon and if there is a number showing, it means ye have mail, e-mail. No only that the dinger works and wull tell me when an e-mail has arrived....so....ahm wonderin why, jist this mornin, ay have opened my e-mail tae see if there is any, any new ones.

And, when am awa for a tea refill i checked the volume level....noo why wid i dae that, withoot the hearin aid i surely widnae hear the dinger if am in the kitchen.

tam

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

AND:

see if a person is looking at his e-mail and then clicks oan the wee bit thait says "get mail"; issat the same as askin the computer, "are you sure" ?

tam

AND:

see if a person is looking at his e-mail and then clicks oan the wee bit thait says "get mail"; issat the same as askin the computer, "are you sure" ?

tam

I think it's more like a wee prompt to say 'hurry up with the post' :)

guid mornin Pat:- Nae time for postin the day, dentist, mind filled with terror.

I googled the place Jim is gonnae be featured, looks braw and i wid imagine the food wid be palate pleasing: issit "The Black Shire".....wis the "shire" horses mainly black....ah thought they wur maistly greys.

tam

looks cold the day and a wee bitty mair snow, last night.

Harper:- life is guid, ah mean how many can brag thit one of the finest writers/posters oan glasgowwestend, is a FRIEND, friend.

And speaking of winter, my feeling is that you would have enjoyed Niagara Falls in early February; lots of snow but roads clear, temps best described as crisp, brilliant blue skies and jist enough tourists tae make it feel right.

Groundhog day is a few weeks past and "Wiarton Willie" said thit winter wull be finished within the next week.

tam

Groundhog Day. I had trouble believing that that was real, Tam laugh.gif

One of my all time favourite movies too. wink.gif

Sunny and Spring like in London. Portobello Road teaming with Notting Hill fashionistas.... honestly, as soon as the sun comes out.laugh.gif

Tuesday was spring-like and now it's back to the cold and rain.

When I were a lad it were always sunny!

You lived nearer the equator when you were a child ?

I don't really have a great memory about weather conditions from year to year. Two occasions around this time in March stayed in my mind. One of my children has a birthday this week and I remember sitting greeting in QM cos there was a real snow blizzard and I presumed that no one,including husband would be able to get back to visit. (I was wrong.)

Another occasion was a wee trip to Barcelona. About 5 years I was on the top deck of the City tourist bus getting sunburned while receiving textphoties of my car being buried under snow back in Paisley.

Well nearer to the Equator than Glasgow. ;)

;) It was always sunny in Old Kilpatrick, except November, December and January, when you had the odd cloudy day.

;) It was always sunny in Old Kilpatrick, except November, December and January, when you had the odd cloudy day.

There were some exceptions. The bad winter of 1946/47 was the year I was born in Rotten Row; my mum didn't have many visitors to the hospital as they had to come by public transport from Old Kilpatrick and the weather was horrendous.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F7xPmYO8jPs&tracker=False

ay, well, ahm back and it serves yees right fur no lockin the door.Ay have been awfy busy, day dreamin, lost in reverie, ken the really important stuff thit life is aw aboot.

Oany oh yees remember "auld git" ? He wis a photae guy, took some braw pictures, one memorable one of Edinburgh, oanyway, ay mind a thing he posted, this wid be a long time ago, no afore the Korean Conflict, ken the war that wisnae a war, but a wee while ago and whit he wrote was, "life is like a toilet roll, the closer ye get tae the end, the faster it runs oot"; am mentionin that because if ahm runnin oot, i hertily recommend whit am daein, whit is happenin, and i mean all of it.

Well the time is a flyin and am no sure if I posted aboot a foggy day, a week or two back (ay, right, mibee three or four weeks ago, jist cannae mind) oanyway, the reason ahm bringin thon up is because my friend Harper crossed my mind the day of the fog...twas one of those days where a bit of fog added immensely tae the day, brought a special touch of beauty tae a day thit maist folk winae be bothert we; imagine eerie without fear, mair of enchantment and I thought thit harper wid have seen the day the way i did, but mibee no.

And ahm goin tae the "O2", 9th./July, ay really ahm, gonnae see Neil Diamond.....and ahm no goin by mahsel.

I did the furst part of a wee story but no sure aboot postin. Ahm gonnae try and tak the time tae finish it and then ahm gonnae decide whit tae dae we it.

Ay still love the "kindle", a gift frae my daughter Tracy; bloody magic soitis. Ay hadnae read "puddin'head Wilson" afore....Mark Twain...ahm awa tae the book forum.

11.47 and i have bridge the day....no a lot of time for someone as slow as mahsel so mibee gie it a try and if ahm runnin behind time, ay shall return efter the bridge.

tam

Ay hadnae read "puddin'head Wilson" afore....Mark Twain...

Weird wee book, eh? Jist read it masel a few munths ago. Didny make a lot of sense in places, but Twain's take on 'race' is brullyant here as ever. Ah jist orderd the new autobiography.

Right now Ah'm ploooing thru H. Rider Haggard's autobiography. Still trying tae decide if Ah like the man. He hud aw the inheritet self-confidence o a toff, but he hud an open mind tae. Ah reread 'King Solomon's Mines' two/three year ago and was amazed at how badly written it wiz.

The kindle is definitely handy for holidays, tam. Cuts down on the book carrying. Hope the bridge goes well and that your further holiday plans live up to all expectations.

Sgriob, 'plooghin thru' doesn't sound like a mightily enjoyable read but plesee keep us posted if Haggard's autobiography turns out to be a

Sgriob, 'plooghin thru' doesn't sound like a mightily enjoyable read but plesee keep us posted if Haggard's autobiography turns out to be a

A huva tae read it for ma w**k. A third of the way through, I have yet to reach the point where I start to warm to the man, or develop a steadily increasing disgust. I have to fight my natural distaste for those who grew up with an unquestioned sense of privilege. (See "Tory Government.") But I'l let you know.

A huva tae read it for ma w**k. A third of the way through, I have yet to reach the point where I start to warm to the man, or develop a steadily increasing disgust. I have to fight my natural distaste for those who grew up with an unquestioned sense of privilege. (See "Tory Government.") But I'l let you know.

At least there's an advantage with autobiographies in that there's only one main character to remember. :D

Keep at it - before you know it you'll be half way through it. :lol:

I looked out our 'Healing With Whole Foods' for a visitor who was here tonight and couldn't put it down after she had gone. Very absorbing. I'll be going out shopping for the wheatgerm and flaxseed tomorrow. :)

• 3 weeks later...

ahm in the wrong place but it isnae my fault.....am reading aboot whit yees are reading and the thought came; I have "kindle" and i have never read "Kite Runner" whit yees wur aw quite fond of......ten dollars was mair than i wid have been and daughter Tracy bought it for me.....and tae show a bit of contrast, ahm reading "Ali Baba" and ahm thinkin that thon isnae a child's book.

tam