Pat's Guide to Glasgow West End
Sign in to follow this  
Pat

EU Withdrawal Bill

How the heck Theresa May is still Prime Minister is absolutely unbelievable. 

So looks like we're still in the EU. For the time being.

Withdrawal Agreement -  May's plan rejected for the third time.  Could very well be No Deal. More votes on Monday - could be new proposal. I'm really in Brexit fog. 

its staggering that a second vote about exiting the EU is undemocratic but weeks of pork barrel politics and a 4th vote on getting May's deal through the commons is the height of democracy???

I see the brexit supporters with their thug behaviour and UVF supporting orange bands were parading outside the Houses of Parliament threatening journalists and MPs and making speeches about grooming of teenage girls by men of Asian descent......somehow, this is what exiting the EU will sort?

Sadly the angry British Nationalists in Whitehall remind me of angry Scottish Nationalists in George Square There’s something about extreme nationalism that breeds anger

I had to show George Foulkes a few photographs of the angry crowds in George Square. 

families george square referendum.jpg

baby referendum.jpg

Question: Is Ken Macintosh, MSP a member of the Labour Party ? Could find no party affiliation n the link but a search engine says he is a member of labour cooperaativ And Foulkes seems to be advocating another national vote.

Sure is.  Looks like we're still in EU until 31 October.  Will be interesting to see how European Elections pan out. Was never much interest in the event before. 

Farage's black shirts look to be marginally ahead in the polls down south.

Almost clean sweep for SNP and Greens in Scotland (according to polls)

Three years before another General Election; yes it can occur before the three years but that happening appears to be in the hands of England. Looking ahead and seeing an England parliament which will include a small number of ridings in Scotland represented with limited debate time tapering off to an era of "no voice". Associating with the US of A will produce a bigger military but far diminished manufacturing. New Labour will elect a majority and will be led by someone from Missouri, quite possibly another Truman. Imports from China will exceed 90% of all that is used in the UK, this figure will include food, chopsticks and Halal meat will be commonplace.

Aberdeen Angus will still be bred but in secret. The breed will be banned except for that which is produced for the upper crust of society. Those people involved in the illicit trade of the banned breed will be given three days to surrender and if they do not cease and desist the top third of Scotland and the western isles, except the ones owned by Americans, will receive a thorough doing with nerve gas.

And I am thinking of a trip hame, Autumn, a Sunday bus frae Perth to the surrounding communities will be a for sure....a grand child or two for a driver and a wee tour, Almondbank (the new(er) shooglie bridge, Scone, Paisley, Bannockburn, Inverness, and, if at all possible, the monastery on Kinnoull Hill, etc, etc, etc.

Ha ha Tam – 'Aberdeen Angus bred in secret'.  Have a word with them in Perth. Like the Tories up there. 

On 4/2/2019 at 5:51 AM, tamd said:

Question: Is Ken Macintosh, MSP a member of the Labour Party ? Could find no party affiliation n the link but a search engine says he is a member of labour cooperaativ And Foulkes seems to be advocating another national vote.

yep, he is labour party, as you know, he is also presiding officer of Scottish Parliament

Sam: I will need to do a bit of reading.

Fourth time lucky for Theresa May – not looking like it.

she resigned, she wept.

Meanwhile the people on the receiving end of her appalling policies weep every day, some even die.

Boris calls the french nation turds, the BBC deliberately go out of their way to cover it up.

can you imagine if that had been an SNP MSP/MP who had made a similar comment. The BBC would have ran the story every 30 minutes for at least two days.

So many sticking up for 'the naughty boy' who is likely to be the next Prime Minister. Absolute joke.

Its beyond a joke that such a vile human being could be considered; those who vote for him must see something in them reflected in him. Isn't that a thought!!

I see Jo Swinson showing herself up to be an absolute snake who will slither anyway for power

On 7/1/2019 at 9:41 AM, Pat said:

So many sticking up for 'the naughty boy' who is likely to be the next Prime Minister. Absolute joke.

I don't know if Boris is fit to be PM or not, probably not. But, I do like mavericks. However, there are mavericks and mavericks. Trump's a maverick, but he's also dangerous and dishonest. He probably meets the criteria for a psychopath. The stories I've read about how he cheats playing golf are disturbing. 

Boris is  the antithesis of the 'snowflakes', and that's a brownie point for me. He has a healthy disdain for political correctness, and will constantly get into trouble because of it, because the PC snowflakes control most of the media. I hope he doesn't compromise, but he's probably not PM material. Time will tell.

Going by Johnson's past performance including being sacking for dishonesty. Plus his lack of effectiveness and indeed contribution to the terrible situation re Nazanin Zaghari Radcliffe,  I have no idea who votes for him.  Disturbing. 

See Hunt and Johnson visiting Scotland and making Independence look ever the more likely.  Apparently a few Tories came out to say hello in Perthshire and they're now experts on what Scottish people want. 

indeed, to hand picked audiences. Any awkward questions such as should we have a pm from a man that is a serial cheat and doesn't know how many children he has shouted down and ignored.

Meanwhile Hunt lives up to the rhyming slang for his name

The Times Newspaper that sacked him for lying now supports his bid for PM.  What a world.