Visible Cinema: Colette GFT
22 January, 2019 – 17.40 p.m.
Visible Cinema is a D/deaf and Hard of Hearing friendly film programme: a captioned or subtitled screening is followed by a post-film discussion with integrated BSL and Speech To Text Service. FAQs here.
This exhilarating dramatisation of the life of groundbreaking French novelist Colette is the exact opposite of the average biopic: it’s fast-moving, funny and thrillingly relevant. Keira Knightley impresses in a wide-ranging role as Colette, who we meet in 1892 as a young wife who “just wants to be part of things”, and by the early 20th Century is a confident, inspired, creative celebrity, completely in control of her own identity. Dominic West is equally good as her self-involved but charming and driven husband Willy, and the film offers a fascinating look at this combustible creative partnership. With a sharp script exploring gender equality, creative freedom and sexual identity, this is one of the first essential films of 2019.
If you require a wheelchair space please request this on booking either on 0141 332 6535, or BSL users can contact GFT via Contact Scotland BSL, the online British Sign Language interpreting video relay service. Find out more at: contactscotland-bsl.org
Thank you to the DWT Cargill Fund for supporting this programme.
GFT 12 Rose Street, G3 6RB
This section: Cinema
Filed under: Cinema
- GFF19 Jim Galloway – A Journey In Jazz CCA
- A Private War GFT
- Tell It To The Bees
- The Adventures of Priscilla, Queen of the Desert
- The Vanishing Glasgow Film Theatre
- An Elephant Sitting Still Glasgow Film Theatre
- Tickets on Sale Glasgow Film Festival 2019
- The Hole in the Ground, Glasgow Film Festival
- FrightFest Week-End 1 and 2 March, 2019
- Full Programme Announced Glasgow Film Festival
- Belgian Cinema ‘Both Sides Now’, Glasgow Film Festival 2019
- Glasgow Film Festival: Mother’s Instinct
- Cubanos: Woman and the Revolution
- SQIFF Shorts on Tour presented with STUC LGBT+ Committee, CCA
- An Impossible Love GFT
- Weekend: Valentine’s Day The Seamore
- Access Film Club High Fidelity, GFT
- Roma at Glasgow Film Theatre
- Film Screening: Les Enfants de Mishwar
- Cinemasters: Margarethe von Trotta GFT