Three Kinds of Kissing by Helen Lamb Book Launch
Waterstones Byres Road
Friday 21 September, 2018, 7.30 p.m.
The Glasgow launch of Helen Lamb’s first and only novel, Three Kinds of Kissing, published by Vagabond, will be Friday, 21st September at Waterstone’s, Byres Road, Glasgow at 7.30pm
Helen, an award-winning short story writer and poet died suddenly, unexpectedly and prematurely in spring 2017 just after finishing writing this novel.
Please join us at 7.30pm on Friday to celebrate the launch, where as well as reading extracts from this crafted and insightful story, Helen’s partner, Chris Powici and Magi Gibson will discuss Helen’s work, her wit and perfectionism, and her writing processes.
Refreshments will be served.
Waterstones, 351-355 Byres Rd, Glasgow G12 8AU
‘Three Kinds of Kissing’ Now available for pre-orders! At Vagabond Voices.
“Helen Lamb’s writing has the quiet beauty of a summer’s day, the kind where you realise the birds have stopped singing and the air is thick with tension. Psychologically insightful and emotionally sensitive, with moments of sharp humour that nip you playfully when you least expect it, this book is a delight. Three Kinds of Kissing has a missing girl, a house full of clocks, a granny who keeps her treacle scones in the strangest place – and so much more, all rumbling behind closed small-town doors. A coming-of-age classic.” – Magi Gibson
This section: Books, Talks, Poetry Events
Filed under: Books, Talks, Poetry Events
- The Creative Process with Jacqueline Smith
- An Evening with local author – Pat McIntosh
- Scottish PEN’s Writers in Exile
- Manaf Halbouni – Artist’s Talk Refugee Festival Scotland
- Interfest and Book Launch Garnethill Glasgow
- Julia Donaldson – The Gruffalo and other stories at West End Festival
- Some Distant Day with Cheeky Besom Productions
- A Place For The Work and The Human Being
- Aye Write! presents Jane Harper
- An Afternoon of Fiction, Poetry and Performance
- Margaret Atwood – Live in Cinemas
- West End Shop Fronts, Virtual Tour Kelvin Hall
- Glasgow Botanic Gardens: 200 Years at West End Festival 2019
- Dear Dinosaur: T Rex on Tour
- Get Your Scots Wirds Oot and Caa Awa!
- Dan Richards Booked! Festival 2019 review Mary Irvine
- Mary Irvine review: Polly Clarke – the tiger lady! Booked! Festival
- Taking Tea with a Trailblazer, NLS Kelvin Hall
- Samina Chaudry at Avant Garde
- Kerry Hudson’s Lowborn Tour, The Mitchell review Pat Byrne