Three Kinds of Kissing by Helen Lamb Book Launch
Waterstones Byres Road
Friday 21 September, 2018, 7.30 p.m.
The Glasgow launch of Helen Lamb’s first and only novel, Three Kinds of Kissing, published by Vagabond, will be Friday, 21st September at Waterstone’s, Byres Road, Glasgow at 7.30pm
Helen, an award-winning short story writer and poet died suddenly, unexpectedly and prematurely in spring 2017 just after finishing writing this novel.
Please join us at 7.30pm on Friday to celebrate the launch, where as well as reading extracts from this crafted and insightful story, Helen’s partner, Chris Powici and Magi Gibson will discuss Helen’s work, her wit and perfectionism, and her writing processes.
Refreshments will be served.
Waterstones, 351-355 Byres Rd, Glasgow G12 8AU
‘Three Kinds of Kissing’ Now available for pre-orders! At Vagabond Voices.
“Helen Lamb’s writing has the quiet beauty of a summer’s day, the kind where you realise the birds have stopped singing and the air is thick with tension. Psychologically insightful and emotionally sensitive, with moments of sharp humour that nip you playfully when you least expect it, this book is a delight. Three Kinds of Kissing has a missing girl, a house full of clocks, a granny who keeps her treacle scones in the strangest place – and so much more, all rumbling behind closed small-town doors. A coming-of-age classic.” – Magi Gibson
This section: Books, Talks, Poetry Events
Filed under: Books, Talks, Poetry Events
- Karine Polwart, Creative Conversations
- Refuweegee and Music Broth Unsilent Night Fundraiser
- Novelist Ann Cleeves, Creative Conversations
- Christmas Speakeasy and Open Mic, Scottish Writers
- Mary Irvine’s Blog: Michael J Malone at Book Week Scotland 2018
- Lin Anderson, Shaping the Story at Scottish Writers Centre
- Catriona Malan ‘Meet the Author’ at Fruin Farm
- Mary Irvine’s Blog: Open Mic at the Balloch House Hotel
- Creative Conversations: Zinnie Harris, playwright, screenwriter and theatre director.
- From Glasgow to Saturn Call for Submissions
- The Wee Guide to Porridge, Deedee Cuddihy
- Book Week Scotland, Autumn Voices
- Simon Carlyle and Gregor Sharp, Creative Conversations
- Creative Conversations, Monday Lunchtimes, University of Glasgow Chapel
- Kusama – Infinity, Glasgow Film Theatre
- Breaking Boundaries, Bringing Translated Literature to Scotland
- Red Squirrel Press, Scottish Writers Centre
- Word Jazzology, Partickhill Bowling and Community Club
- Remembering Glasgow’s Forgotten Women
- Book Week Scotland 2018