Three Kinds of Kissing by Helen Lamb Book Launch
Waterstones Byres Road
Friday 21 September, 2018, 7.30 p.m.
The Glasgow launch of Helen Lamb’s first and only novel, Three Kinds of Kissing, published by Vagabond, will be Friday, 21st September at Waterstone’s, Byres Road, Glasgow at 7.30pm
Helen, an award-winning short story writer and poet died suddenly, unexpectedly and prematurely in spring 2017 just after finishing writing this novel.
Please join us at 7.30pm on Friday to celebrate the launch, where as well as reading extracts from this crafted and insightful story, Helen’s partner, Chris Powici and Magi Gibson will discuss Helen’s work, her wit and perfectionism, and her writing processes.
Refreshments will be served.
Waterstones, 351-355 Byres Rd, Glasgow G12 8AU
‘Three Kinds of Kissing’ Now available for pre-orders! At Vagabond Voices.
“Helen Lamb’s writing has the quiet beauty of a summer’s day, the kind where you realise the birds have stopped singing and the air is thick with tension. Psychologically insightful and emotionally sensitive, with moments of sharp humour that nip you playfully when you least expect it, this book is a delight. Three Kinds of Kissing has a missing girl, a house full of clocks, a granny who keeps her treacle scones in the strangest place – and so much more, all rumbling behind closed small-town doors. A coming-of-age classic.” – Magi Gibson
This section: Books, Talks, Poetry Events
Filed under: Books, Talks, Poetry Events
- Aye Write: The Writing of Janet Paisley with Dr Linda Jackson, University of Strathclyde
- Creative Conversations – Novelist Jacob Ross
- The Raft Glasgow Film Theatre
- Poetry at Inn Deep
- Aye Write: Louise Welsh Introduces… Temi Oh & Bridget Collins
- Aye Write: Helena Kennedy QC
- Aye Write: Stuart Cosgrove & Ken McNab
- Aye Write: Frank Quitely The Comics That Made Me
- Tracey Thorn at Aye Write
- Open Mic Tuesdays at Queen Margaret Union
- David Keenan and Chris McQueer in Conversation
- Lorna Goodison, Poet Laureate of Jamaica in Conversation with Louise Welsh
- Clochoderick Press Presents an Evening of Poetry and Spoken Word
- Women in Islam Exhibition
- Book Launch: Handle with Care and other stories by Ann MacLaren
- Tandem at The Tron
- OK Fest – Kilmacolm’s Festival of Sound
- Sisters and Seamonsters – Chiara Berardelli
- Creative Conversations: Mark Cousins
- St Mungo’s Mirrorball Mirrorball Poetry Showcase February, 2019