Scottish Ensemble – Prelude – skydiving from a dream (with Andersson Dance)The Tramway
Bach, Lutosławski, Beethoven.
Order, Chaos, Adventure.
8 and 9 November, 2018
The Tramway, 75 Albert Drive, Glasgow G41 2PE
Join Scottish Ensemble and Andersson Dance for the world premiere of their second collaboration. Musicians and dancers blur their roles and break the rules in this new co-production exploring the very human paradox at the root of three extraordinary pieces of music: our need to seek out order amongst disorder, and our urge to tear it all apart.
From amongst the overwhelming precision of Bach’s Art of Fugue and the dark, wild chaos of Lutosławski’s Preludes emerges a piece that has been both celebrated and derided, lauded and dismissed: Beethoven’s Grosse Fugue.
Combining dynamic choreography with razor-sharp live musical performance, Prelude – skydiving from a dream delves into the delicious contradictions of the subconscious mind, from the absurd to the logical, the irrational to the soothingly clear.
Fri 9 and Sat 10 November
7.30pm – 8.45pm (approx.)
£10 Under 26
£5 Jobseekers Allowance (or other unemployment benefit)
Free to Under 16s and Carers
On the phone:
0845 330 3501
Tramway, 25 Albert Drive, Glasgow
Prelude – skydiving from a dream goes on to tour at Dundee Rep Theatre (Tue 13 Nov) and Eden Court, Inverness (Thu 15 Nov).
This section: Dance, What's on in Glasgow: Theatre and Comedy
- The Stand Comedy Club Christmas Specials 2018
- Doris, Dolly and the Dressing Room Divas, OranMor
- Britney and the Beast, Websters Theatre
- Cottiers – Bar, Restaurant, Theatre, Glasgow West End
- Burns Supper and Ceilidh with the Big Stupit Band, Cottiers
- So Long Farewell – The Apollo Players
- Oklahoma, Kings Theatre Glasgow
- It Is Easy To Be Dead, OranMor
- Dance Along Movie, Trolls
- Spangled Cabaret The Blue Arrow
- Cabildo: a chamber opera by Amy Beach at Cottiers
- Salsa Networking Event, Havana Glasgow Film Festival CCA
- The Cripple of Inishman, Websters Theatre
- Scottish Ensemble – Prelude – skydiving from a dream (with Andersson Dance)The Tramway
- King Keich at OranMor by Louise Welsh review by Pat Byrne
- Choreography – The Simpson Board Training hosted by Indepen-dance
- Dementia Friendly ‘Still Alice’ Theatre Royal
- The Bodyguard Musical and Themed Karaoke, Theatre Royal
- A Play, Pie and A Pint: King Keich, OranMor by Louise Welsh
- Disability Led Creative Movement CCA Oct/Dec 2018