Revisiting the Antonine Wall, Community Consultation from 7 November, 2017
Events from 7th November in venues in Old Kilpatrick, Clydebank, Drumchapel, Lambhill, Bearsden and Twechar
The biggest, most awe-inspiring building project the people of Scotland had ever seen, the Roman Antonine Wall stretched right across the country, from the Clyde to the Forth. Work is currently underway to rediscover the Antonine Wall and to provide a wide range of new and innovative ways for people to get involved in the fascinating history associated with the Wall.
Come along to a drop in sessions to hear more about what’s been happening and find out about some of latest projects – then share your thoughts and ideas to help us to plan the next phase!
While you’re there, have a look at the collection of replica artefacts, try on a Roman helmet or try making your own!
Hosted by The Antonine Wall
and Jura Consultants
Can’t make it to Old Kilpatrick? Further sessions coming in other locations.
Upcoming dates in West and East Dunbartonshire and Glasgow:
Old Kilpatrick – Napier Hall Tuesday – Tuesday 7th November
Clydebank – Clydebank Town Hall 13 Novemer, 2017
Drumchapel – Drumchapel Community Centre Thursday 16 November
Filed under: Books, Talks, Poetry Events, Classes and Workshops, Events, Fairs, Festivals and Fundraisers, What's On Glasgow West End: cinema, clubs, theatre, music, events, festivals, community and more
- Word Jazzology, Partickhill Bowling and Community Club
- ‘thi wurd’ #3 at The Old Hairdressers, Glasgow
- Jane Harris Creative Conversations University of Glasgow
- I Remember It Well Symposium, Paisley
- The Scottish Witchfinder by Jacqueline Smith
- John Maclean, Hero of Red Clydeside by Henry Bell
- Hollie McNish OranMor
- Three Kinds of Kissing by Helen Lamb Book Launch
- After He Died Book Launch, Michael J Malone
- Stuart Paterson, Write on Cue!
- An Evening with Nawal Slemiah, Project Cafe Glasgow
- Bloody Scotland, 2018
- STAGE Multimedia Exhibition
- Stuart Cosgrove, ‘Harlem 69’ Book Launch
- Richard Holloway, Creative Conversatons
- Creative Conversations, Monday Lunchtimes, University of Glasgow Chapel
- All The Time We Thought We Had, Gordon Darroch Waterstones
- Cheeky Besoms Speakeasy and Open Mic Night Glasgow
- She’s En Scene Women’s Film Screening and Discussion, Glasgow
- With Their Best Clothes On, New Writing Scotland Launch