Revisiting the Antonine Wall, Community Consultation from 7 November, 2017
Events from 7th November in venues in Old Kilpatrick, Clydebank, Drumchapel, Lambhill, Bearsden and Twechar
The biggest, most awe-inspiring building project the people of Scotland had ever seen, the Roman Antonine Wall stretched right across the country, from the Clyde to the Forth. Work is currently underway to rediscover the Antonine Wall and to provide a wide range of new and innovative ways for people to get involved in the fascinating history associated with the Wall.
Come along to a drop in sessions to hear more about what’s been happening and find out about some of latest projects – then share your thoughts and ideas to help us to plan the next phase!
While you’re there, have a look at the collection of replica artefacts, try on a Roman helmet or try making your own!
Hosted by The Antonine Wall
and Jura Consultants
Can’t make it to Old Kilpatrick? Further sessions coming in other locations.
Upcoming dates in West and East Dunbartonshire and Glasgow:
Old Kilpatrick – Napier Hall Tuesday – Tuesday 7th November
Clydebank – Clydebank Town Hall 13 Novemer, 2017
Drumchapel – Drumchapel Community Centre Thursday 16 November
Filed under: Books, Talks, Poetry Events, Classes and Workshops, Events, Fairs, Festivals and Fundraisers, What's On Glasgow West End: cinema, clubs, theatre, music, events, festivals, community and more
- Wee Write – Family Days at Aye Write! 3 and 4 March, 2018
- Ten Writers Telling Lies and M. Litt Creative Writing Open Mic, Gilchrist Centre University of Glasgow
- Nature Writing Beyond Landscape – Scottish Writers Centre, Glasgow
- Express Yourself, Women in Poetry at Tell It Slant, Friday 23 February, 2018
- Colin Herd, Poet at Creative Conversations, University of Glasgow
- Creative Conversations, Monday Lunchtimes, University of Glasgow Chapel
- LGBT History Month, Film Screening and Discussion, STUC
- The Carrbridge Rose – Brian Whittingham
- Ian Bell New Writing Award, Meet the Judges at Aye Write
- Sonnet Youth at The Drygate, 21 February, 2018
- Aye Write! Denise Mina introduces… Danny Denton & Mick Kitson 18 March, 2018
- Denise Mina at Creative Conversations review Pat Byrne
- Sextival: Queer Relationships on Film, CCA
- Aye Write 2018 – Darren McGarvey & Raoul Martinez, Freedom From Poverty
- Eileen Myles and nick-e-melville, OranMor
- Denise Mina at Creative Conversations, University of Glasgow
- The Darker Side of Fairytales with Kirsty Logan, Dumbarton Library
- Honest Error: Glasgow Poets on Charles Rennie Mackintosh, The Hunterian, University of Glasgow
- Writer David Keenan, Creative Conversations, University of Glasgow
- AyeWrite! 2018 Ten Writers Telling Lies