Revisiting the Antonine Wall, Community Consultation from 7 November, 2017
Events from 7th November in venues in Old Kilpatrick, Clydebank, Drumchapel, Lambhill, Bearsden and Twechar
The biggest, most awe-inspiring building project the people of Scotland had ever seen, the Roman Antonine Wall stretched right across the country, from the Clyde to the Forth. Work is currently underway to rediscover the Antonine Wall and to provide a wide range of new and innovative ways for people to get involved in the fascinating history associated with the Wall.
Come along to a drop in sessions to hear more about what’s been happening and find out about some of latest projects – then share your thoughts and ideas to help us to plan the next phase!
While you’re there, have a look at the collection of replica artefacts, try on a Roman helmet or try making your own!
Hosted by The Antonine Wall
and Jura Consultants
Can’t make it to Old Kilpatrick? Further sessions coming in other locations.
Upcoming dates in West and East Dunbartonshire and Glasgow:
Old Kilpatrick – Napier Hall Tuesday – Tuesday 7th November
Clydebank – Clydebank Town Hall 13 Novemer, 2017
Drumchapel – Drumchapel Community Centre Thursday 16 November
Filed under: Books, Talks, Poetry Events, Classes and Workshops, Events, Fairs, Festivals and Fundraisers, What's On Glasgow West End: cinema, clubs, theatre, music, events, festivals, community and more
- Explore Wellspring Writing, Laura T. Fyfe, Scottish Writers
- Kittlin and the Carlton 3, West End Festival
- Dodie Bellamy, Kevin Killian, Calum Gardner, SWG3 Poetry Club
- Spotlight on Cinemas – West End Festival 2018
- Bloody Scotland, 2018
- The Art of Words, Thistle Gallery, 14 June, 2018
- Beyond Boundaries, Festival 2018, Call For Poems
- Word Jazzology hosted by Magi Gibson, Babbity Bowsters, Glasgow
- Examination Paper, Creative Writing Event/Installation, Scotland Street School
- Launch of Autumn Voices 2018
- ‘Growing and Dying’ Tribute to Janet Paisley, Event at Waterstones, Sauchiehall Street
- The Art of Words, Thistle Gallery, 7 June, 2018
- Writers’ Workshop Day at Fruin Farm, Nr. Helensburgh
- Marian Keyes at Aye Write, the Mitchell Library
- Autumn Voices Project – Poetry Competition 2018
- Autumn Voices Showcase 2018
- Creative Writing Fair, University of Glasgow
- Aye Write: Wee Write Beano Cartoon Capers, Mitchell Library
- Aye Write: Wee Write One Button Benny with Alan Windram
- Ann-Marie MacDonald in conversation with Louise Welsh, University of Glasgow