Rebecca Pronsky, The Doublet, Park Road, Monday 17 April, 2017
The Doublet, Park Road, Glasgow West End – near Kelvinbridge Underground
The fabulous Brooklyn based Rebecca Pronsky and Rich Bennet plus Jessica Cosslet play the Doublet Bar in Park Road Glasgow.
Rebecca is a longstanding favourite of SoundsintheSuburbs and has some fabulous songs and stories so don’t miss this one.
Rebecca was born and raised Brooklynite whose music confidently straddles the boundaries of country roots, jazz, rockabilly, and folk. She creates a distinctive sound, which at times feels like The Smiths relocated to Nashville or Stevie Nicks singing with Ennio Morricone.
Rebecca is a triple threat. She’s got a “voice to die for” (Maverick), songwriting talent that showcases “brutal, cutting lyricism” (Ithaca Times), and a masterful collaborator: guitarist and producer Rich Bennett, who “puts the trimmings on the music with a battery of echo drenched, twangy leads” (Blurt).
A singer since elementary school, Rebecca added songwriting to her repertoire around age 16 when she picked up the guitar for the first time. She went on to study Ethnomusicology and jazz at Brown University and came home to Brooklyn with a diploma and a demo CD. She soon met musical compatriot Rich Bennett and the two hit the road together.
In over a decade of touring, Rebecca and Rich have criss-crossed the US and Europe sharing stages with Shawn Colvin, Loudon Wainwright III, Madeleine Peyroux, Peter Case, Josh Ritter, Freedy Johnston, Amy Rigby & Wreckless Eric, Patty Larkin, and Steve Forbert.
- Kittlin and the Carlton 3, West End Festival
- Gina Chavez, The Doublet, Sounds in the Suburbs
- Craft Cafe Summer Ball at Pearce Institute
- Songbird – Ellyn Oliver Sings Eva Cassidy, West End Festival 2018
- Lazy Saturday Afternoon, Friends of the River Kelvin at West End Festival
- All Dayer OranMor, West End Festival 2018
- Luca Manning, The Blue Arrow
- Take A Walk On The Weill Side, West End Festival 2018
- Scottish Fiddle Orchestra in Concert, Glasgow Royal Concert Hall September, 2018
- Word Jazzology hosted by Magi Gibson, Babbity Bowsters, Glasgow
- PCL presents Jerron ‘Blind Boy’ Paxton, CCA
- Fiesta x Fold Festival, Kelvingrove Park, Glasgow 2018
- The Luthiers Concert, West End Festival
- Heidi Talbot and John McCusker at Cottiers
- Kittlin at Tchai Ovna
- The Electrics, 30 Anniversary, The Bungalow, Paisley
- The Great May Day Cabaret, Night for Chris Bartter, OranMor
- Aly Bain and Phil Cunningham, Cottiers Theatre, Glasgow
- Tir na nOg, Cottiers Theatre
- The Carlton 3 at Tchai Ovna House of Tea, Glasgow