Rebecca Pronsky, The Doublet, Park Road, Monday 17 April, 2017
The Doublet, Park Road, Glasgow West End – near Kelvinbridge Underground
The fabulous Brooklyn based Rebecca Pronsky and Rich Bennet plus Jessica Cosslet play the Doublet Bar in Park Road Glasgow.
Rebecca is a longstanding favourite of SoundsintheSuburbs and has some fabulous songs and stories so don’t miss this one.
Rebecca was born and raised Brooklynite whose music confidently straddles the boundaries of country roots, jazz, rockabilly, and folk. She creates a distinctive sound, which at times feels like The Smiths relocated to Nashville or Stevie Nicks singing with Ennio Morricone.
Rebecca is a triple threat. She’s got a “voice to die for” (Maverick), songwriting talent that showcases “brutal, cutting lyricism” (Ithaca Times), and a masterful collaborator: guitarist and producer Rich Bennett, who “puts the trimmings on the music with a battery of echo drenched, twangy leads” (Blurt).
A singer since elementary school, Rebecca added songwriting to her repertoire around age 16 when she picked up the guitar for the first time. She went on to study Ethnomusicology and jazz at Brown University and came home to Brooklyn with a diploma and a demo CD. She soon met musical compatriot Rich Bennett and the two hit the road together.
In over a decade of touring, Rebecca and Rich have criss-crossed the US and Europe sharing stages with Shawn Colvin, Loudon Wainwright III, Madeleine Peyroux, Peter Case, Josh Ritter, Freedy Johnston, Amy Rigby & Wreckless Eric, Patty Larkin, and Steve Forbert.
- East End Free Festival
- Tenements Today Tenements Tomorrow
- Thirty Years of Glasgow Doors Open Day
- The Rebirth of the Clyde, Fairfield Heritage
- Spirit of Revolt, Show and Tell – Workers City, The Mitchell
- Glasgow Then and Now at The Mitchell Library
- Broken Chanter Album Launch, CCA
- Ilana Halperin: Minerals of New York, The Hunterian
- Linda McCartney Retrospective at Kelvingrove Art Gallery
- Michael Simons at Partick Folk Club
- Free event: Scottish Writers Showcase, University of Glasgow
- Book Launch: Blessed Assurance by Stewart Ennis
- Leto GFT
- Once Upon a Time in Hollywood GFT
- Pollokshields Proposes Exhibition Launch
- Boogie at the Botanics, Open Air Cinema
- Inside Man GFT
- Gaza GFT
- Preview: For Sama GFT plus Q & A