Rebecca Pronsky, The Doublet, Park Road, Monday 17 April, 2017
The Doublet, Park Road, Glasgow West End – near Kelvinbridge Underground
The fabulous Brooklyn based Rebecca Pronsky and Rich Bennet plus Jessica Cosslet play the Doublet Bar in Park Road Glasgow.
Rebecca is a longstanding favourite of SoundsintheSuburbs and has some fabulous songs and stories so don’t miss this one.
Rebecca was born and raised Brooklynite whose music confidently straddles the boundaries of country roots, jazz, rockabilly, and folk. She creates a distinctive sound, which at times feels like The Smiths relocated to Nashville or Stevie Nicks singing with Ennio Morricone.
Rebecca is a triple threat. She’s got a “voice to die for” (Maverick), songwriting talent that showcases “brutal, cutting lyricism” (Ithaca Times), and a masterful collaborator: guitarist and producer Rich Bennett, who “puts the trimmings on the music with a battery of echo drenched, twangy leads” (Blurt).
A singer since elementary school, Rebecca added songwriting to her repertoire around age 16 when she picked up the guitar for the first time. She went on to study Ethnomusicology and jazz at Brown University and came home to Brooklyn with a diploma and a demo CD. She soon met musical compatriot Rich Bennett and the two hit the road together.
In over a decade of touring, Rebecca and Rich have criss-crossed the US and Europe sharing stages with Shawn Colvin, Loudon Wainwright III, Madeleine Peyroux, Peter Case, Josh Ritter, Freedy Johnston, Amy Rigby & Wreckless Eric, Patty Larkin, and Steve Forbert.
- SPLIT Glasgow Art Collective Graduate Showcase
- Summer Ball Fundraiser Craft Café Govan
- Lids Open Day with Glasgow Piano City West End Festival
- Charles Rennie Mackintosh by John Cairney, West End Festival 2019
- The Italian Job GFT
- Class of 1984 | Pity Party Film Club CCA
- Sleepless in Seattle, GFT
- Robert the Bruce, GFT
- Late Night GFT
- Balloon GFT
- Diego Maradona GFT
- The Tennessee Hotshots at Websters Playhouse
- Doc’n Roll presents: It Must Schwing! The Blue Note Story
- NT Live: Small Island, GFT
- Glasgow Botanic Gardens: 200 Years at West End Festival 2019
- Chicago Websters Theatre
- Scalarama Press/Marketing and Design
- The Big West End Festival Closing Party Cottiers
- Big Choir Concert at Cottiers
- Ceilidh Dances at Cottiers, West End Festival 2019