Rebecca Pronsky, The Doublet, Park Road, Monday 17 April, 2017
The Doublet, Park Road, Glasgow West End – near Kelvinbridge Underground
The fabulous Brooklyn based Rebecca Pronsky and Rich Bennet plus Jessica Cosslet play the Doublet Bar in Park Road Glasgow.
Rebecca is a longstanding favourite of SoundsintheSuburbs and has some fabulous songs and stories so don’t miss this one.
Rebecca was born and raised Brooklynite whose music confidently straddles the boundaries of country roots, jazz, rockabilly, and folk. She creates a distinctive sound, which at times feels like The Smiths relocated to Nashville or Stevie Nicks singing with Ennio Morricone.
Rebecca is a triple threat. She’s got a “voice to die for” (Maverick), songwriting talent that showcases “brutal, cutting lyricism” (Ithaca Times), and a masterful collaborator: guitarist and producer Rich Bennett, who “puts the trimmings on the music with a battery of echo drenched, twangy leads” (Blurt).
A singer since elementary school, Rebecca added songwriting to her repertoire around age 16 when she picked up the guitar for the first time. She went on to study Ethnomusicology and jazz at Brown University and came home to Brooklyn with a diploma and a demo CD. She soon met musical compatriot Rich Bennett and the two hit the road together.
In over a decade of touring, Rebecca and Rich have criss-crossed the US and Europe sharing stages with Shawn Colvin, Loudon Wainwright III, Madeleine Peyroux, Peter Case, Josh Ritter, Freedy Johnston, Amy Rigby & Wreckless Eric, Patty Larkin, and Steve Forbert.
- 45s for 45 All Day Fundraiser, Old Toll Bar, Glasgow
- The Blue Arrow Club – New Home of Jazz in Glasgow
- The Shires, Glasgow Royal Concert Hall
- Thank Funk it’s Friday, Partickhill Bowling and Community Club
- Session A9 Celtic Connections 2018 review and photographs by Pauline Keightley
- Summer Nights at Kelvingrove Bandstand 2018
- Paul young with Los Pacaminos, The Venue, OranMor, Glasgow
- Celtic Connections 25th Anniversary Opening Concert, review and photographs by Pauline Keightley
- Seven Song Club The Wellgreen / Secret Goldfish / Cara Rose, The Tron
- Soul Bowl, Jordanhill Bowling Club, 27 January, 2018
- Lisa Kowalski at King Tut’s
- The Primevals, The Reverse Cowgirls and The Kundalini Genie, Seven Song Club
- Lola in Slacks + special guests, CCA
- Spangled Cabaret 10 BirthdayParty, Rio Pop Up
- The Skids and From The Jam Kelvingrove Bandstand 17 June, 2018
- Dona Oxford, OranMor, Glasgow 16 February, 2018
- Celtic Connections 2018 – Highlights from Scots Whay Hae!
- The Friction Burns Supper, Rio Pop Up, Glasgow
- New additions to Celtic Connections Programme 2018
- Cottiers – Bar, Restaurant, Theatre, Glasgow West End