The Voice and Text of Chekov Workshop, Susan Worsfold, The Citz, 17 – 21 April, 2017
The Citizens Theatre, 119 Gorbals Street, G5 9SD
17 – 212 April, 2017
WHO IS THE WORKSHOP FOR?
A five-day workshop on the voice and the text of Chekhov for creative
artists and practitioners led by Susan Worsfold directly using the
Nadine George Voice Work® to explore breath, body, voice and the
text of Chekhov. It will be a unique opportunity to develop your voice
within a small group of 10 people, ensuring a high quality of focus and
space for the individual within a group setting.
This workshop is open to all creative artists and practitioners
looking to develop their artistic self through focus on the voice and the
Nadine George Voice Work® – to those familiar with Nadine’s work,
who are looking to deepen their relationship with the technique, and equally to those wishing to explore the work for the first time.
WHAT YOU CAN HOPE TO GAIN:
• The opportunity to understand the connection between the voice and body.
• A technique to apply in practice, which helps improve confidence through vocal and physical awareness.
• A greater understanding of the breath in enabling relaxation and connection to the body.
• An understanding of the energies of the voice and body as they connect to work with text.
• The opportunity to explore the vocal possibilities of the text and to take creative risks in a supportive environment.
• The opportunity to reflect on your experience and link this back to your creative process.
• The opportunity to connect with other creative practitioners and share your artistic experience.
*Deposit required on acceptance
To apply please send your
professional CV and personal
- Creative Conversations: Abir Mukherjee – Crime Novelist
- Penetrate: Translate Reading Group: Five Measures of Expatriation by Vahni Capildeo CCA
- The Long Ryders at OranMor
- Book Launch: The Siren Awakes by Linda Jackson
- Woodlands Community Gardens, Storytelling Circle ‘Tell A Story’ Workshop
- Scottish Writers’ Centre Dove Tales: Dia de los Muertos
- Maria Doyle Kennedy, Cottiers
- Hang Massive at OranMor, Glasgow
- Irene Lebeter, Meet the Author, Fruin Fam
- A Lad in Maryhill, Pantomime, Maryhill 2019
- ‘A Place for the Work and the Human Being’ Kelvin Hall
- From Lens to Pen, Finnieston
- Hitsville The Making of Motown Black History Month Glasgow
- Scotland Loves Anime 10 Anniversary at GFT
- American Woman GFT
- Judy GFT
- 48 Hours Film Project Part 1 GFT
- Her Century: Scottish Women on Film GFT
- The Relative Worlds GFT plus Q and A
- Mòd 2019 National Theatre of Scotland – Rocket Post screening + family drama workshop