The Voice and Text of Chekov Workshop, Susan Worsfold, The Citz, 17 – 21 April, 2017
The Citizens Theatre, 119 Gorbals Street, G5 9SD
17 – 212 April, 2017
WHO IS THE WORKSHOP FOR?
A five-day workshop on the voice and the text of Chekhov for creative
artists and practitioners led by Susan Worsfold directly using the
Nadine George Voice Work® to explore breath, body, voice and the
text of Chekhov. It will be a unique opportunity to develop your voice
within a small group of 10 people, ensuring a high quality of focus and
space for the individual within a group setting.
This workshop is open to all creative artists and practitioners
looking to develop their artistic self through focus on the voice and the
Nadine George Voice Work® – to those familiar with Nadine’s work,
who are looking to deepen their relationship with the technique, and equally to those wishing to explore the work for the first time.
WHAT YOU CAN HOPE TO GAIN:
• The opportunity to understand the connection between the voice and body.
• A technique to apply in practice, which helps improve confidence through vocal and physical awareness.
• A greater understanding of the breath in enabling relaxation and connection to the body.
• An understanding of the energies of the voice and body as they connect to work with text.
• The opportunity to explore the vocal possibilities of the text and to take creative risks in a supportive environment.
• The opportunity to reflect on your experience and link this back to your creative process.
• The opportunity to connect with other creative practitioners and share your artistic experience.
*Deposit required on acceptance
To apply please send your
professional CV and personal
- Landscapes Without Figures, The American South West by Ian R. Mitchell
- Scottish Poetry Library: Launch Poetry London 100th edition
- Pumpkin v Turnip Lantern Event
- Opening Party – The Landing Hub Refuweegee Fundraiser
- The Landing Hub – COP26 Fringe Event
- Feeding the City – screening and panel discussion
- Dumb Instrument with Duglas T Stewart
- COP26 – The Sacred Forest at GFT
- COP26: The Plan That Came From The Bottom Up
- Black British Cinema – Routes of Representation
- I Am Belmaya GFT
- The End of Evangelion GFT
- Never Gonna Snow Again, Glasgow Film Theatre
- The French Dispatch, GFT
- Black Histories on Film at Glasgow Film Theatre 2021
- A Play, A Pie and A Pint Autumn Programme 2021
- Opening Time – A Play, A Pie and A Pint
- Talks, The Hunterian, Black History Month 2021
- Arracht – Glasgow Film Theatre
- Cats Protection Jade Carrera Art Event